BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-21-2014, 12:26 PM   #221
Classic_Blunders
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks View Post
Anyone have a strong fuel smell coming from the engine bay after the work....?
I'm having this issue also. Did you ever discover whats up? Called BMW and they said if it persists bring it back in. I'm totally stock (other than golf tee).
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2014, 03:37 PM   #222
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bav_Brawn_2011 View Post
I'm having this issue also. Did you ever discover whats up? Called BMW and they said if it persists bring it back in. I'm totally stock (other than golf tee).
Yup, smell persisted for like 5 days before I called them. Took the car back in and it looks like one of the fuel lines came loose. Either a bad coincidence or something happened during the VANOS repair. Didn't get to go into full detail with the SA.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #223
DFoxtrot
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

My 2011 128 completely shut down on the BQE during rush hour back in September. That was fun.

Long story short the Vanos bolts snapped, were replaced but the new bolts weren't available at the time. Old bolts were used and off I went.

Driving over the Whitestone last week the symptoms returned. I was able to make it into Brooklyn and park but there's no way I'm chancing breaking down on my commute again.

We'll see what happens, the local BMW that fixed it last is supposed to call today to schedule.

Just a warning to everyone out there, the issue can progress from zero symptoms to complete failure in the course of a drive, so plan accordingly.

I have a very long daily commute and now I'm out my vehicle, having to rent to get to work. My patience is wearing pretty thin.
Appreciate 0