BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2024, 10:30 PM   #1
carcar123454321
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i, Solstice GXP, Subaru Leg

Low Boost and Low WGDC - Stage 1 - Boost solenoid? Leak? What is normal WGDC?

I got somewhat familiar with Subaru and Solstice GXP maps, but I don't know the N55 well at all.

I thought the car was ok and had replaced spark plugs, coils, and charge pipe just before adding the tune.

I didn't notice any real increase in performance so I began logging. I immediately notice the boost wasn't hitting targets and that the WGDC wasn't going over about 55-60% during pulls. (I also reset adaptations to see if that helped but it didn't.)

I don't really know how the N55 ECU operates as far as torque based targets, etc., what stock maps look like, etc.

1. Should WGDC get up to say 80-90% if it's not reaching targets? That was true on other platforms I was familiar with but not sure on N55.

2. Is there a good way to tell boost leak vs something like the boost solenoid? Should I just replace the solenoid and see if that helps? (Don't want to just start replacing parts randomly.)

3. What's the best way to pressure test N55? (I've pressure tested other cars, but not the N55 yet.). Ive started checking videos and forums.

Appreciate 0