BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #23
Rulz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 530e 2018 / X3 G01 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by project jayden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rulz View Post
can someone show me a picture or video locating the rdc? i know is in the trunk but i dont see it!!
In my 135i it's located behind the carpet material in the trunk on the passenger's side.
Thank you but mine is not even there :/ but I took it to my repair shop they told me the frm module is damaged.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 08:58 PM   #24
Papa13
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 / e90 / e53 / e46

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Hey Project,

When your cluster would freak out like that would your car stall out as well? Ive been having this problem with my 135i for a while now, can't figure it out. Been in the shop at least 10 times for it. It only happens around noon and only on hot days. The car will shut off by itself. The gauges will flicker and the lights you mentioned will come on. Sometimes it flickers and then will turn back on, but other times it will turn off. This happens while driving BTW.

I have checked that box, and there was some water down there so I dried it all up and taped it up so water can't get in again but it is still happening. Lets say that is the problem, does the bot need to be replaced? If so, ill try that.

You have no idea how frustrating this is. Ive never had this problem or anything like it with any of my other BMW's. Ive made a few post on here as well and it seems like no one really knows or has seen this happen before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!!
18' Blue/Black SEL Premium R-Line 4 Motion Tiguan - Mods on order
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #25
SamelCamel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa13 View Post
Hey Project,

When your cluster would freak out like that would your car stall out as well? Ive been having this problem with my 135i for a while now, can't figure it out. Been in the shop at least 10 times for it. It only happens around noon and only on hot days. The car will shut off by itself. The gauges will flicker and the lights you mentioned will come on. Sometimes it flickers and then will turn back on, but other times it will turn off. This happens while driving BTW.

I have checked that box, and there was some water down there so I dried it all up and taped it up so water can't get in again but it is still happening. Lets say that is the problem, does the bot need to be replaced? If so, ill try that.

You have no idea how frustrating this is. Ive never had this problem or anything like it with any of my other BMW's. Ive made a few post on here as well and it seems like no one really knows or has seen this happen before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks man!!
Pull each of your fuses (behind the glove box), check them with a multimeter to make sure they're not blown, then reset them.

Let us know if it makes any difference.

-Sam
Appreciate 0