BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #23
akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
You know, I's in your exact same shoes when I got the EVO3 SSK, I's under the impression that this is the BEST SSK on the market. I got it installed professionally, but still, there is slop. At that time, the DSSR for 135 wasn't even out yet, but I do know about it from UUC's site and I thought, this is the silver bullet. So when it finally comes out, I think I'm the first few that ordered and installed that part. But what do I get? a DSSR that rubs against the shifter carrier and the slop wasn't fixed. Then I call Rob, he said he knows exactly what's wrong with the shifter, and send me some parts to fix the slop. So, I got the parts a week later (I live a long way from UUC), took my car to the pros to get it installed (I'm not gonna attempt DSSR / SSK install ever, it is a bit too much work for my fat ass). But still, no fix. At that point I just gave up, I'm waiting for Rogue Engineering to release their SSK for the 135, but it's been a very long time, still no ETA.

I don't know if UUC had addressed all these slop and rubbing issues, from what you've said the slop is at the transmission end, maybe DSSR could fix it, but I just want to let you know, it might not.

Btw, $700-800 to install SSK/DSSR? Wow! what's the hourly rate? over $100/hr? coz there's no way it'll take 7-8hrs to install that thing. Even at $120/hr, it still won't take 6hrs to install. if the tech is taking it easy, he'll be done in 4hrs, 5hrs if drunk. I installed my DSSR while I install my exhaust, the whole thing took 6hrs, with a lot of time spent cursing/drinking/smoking. And I did it with jackstands too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibaholic101 View Post
I know, I know. I probably won't be resolving this issue as I don't want to keep throwing money into a part when I can get something else cooler. If I was to get the DSSR and install it this would be a $700-800 project. . .
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #24
S54dan
I no longer work for United BMW!
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E46 330i ZHP, E36 325i

Garage List
1994 BMW 325i  [8.50]
2005 M3  [9.66]
2005 325i  [8.00]
2003 330i ZHP  [9.00]
bmw performance ssk w/ zhp shift knob

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=IMG_0486.mp4
      09-17-2010, 08:06 PM   #25
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by akak1997 View Post

I don't know if UUC had addressed all these slop and rubbing issues, from what you've said the slop is at the transmission end, maybe DSSR could fix it, but I just want to let you know, it might not.

Btw, $700-800 to install SSK/DSSR? Wow! what's the hourly rate? over $100/hr? coz there's no way it'll take 7-8hrs to install that thing. Even at $120/hr, it still won't take 6hrs to install. if the tech is taking it easy, he'll be done in 4hrs, 5hrs if drunk. I installed my DSSR while I install my exhaust, the whole thing took 6hrs, with a lot of time spent cursing/drinking/smoking. And I did it with jackstands too.
Yeah, that is what I am afraid of, I haven't gotten any word or heard that the DSSR is a quality definitive fix. So I am probably not going to waste my time and money. If Rob at UUC is such hot shit and his product is as perfect as they come, why hasn't he addressed these issues?

Just for sh!ts and giggles, we aren't the only ones who have problems with these, there are more examples on e90post, and other models

Maybe I worded that wrong, I was talking about total cost INCLUDING parts, you figure about $300 for the shifter, $200 for install (and they claimed they undercharged me because it took longer than 2 hours), plus $150+ for the DSSR and another $200+ for install. Forgetta bout it!
      09-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #26
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@UnitedBMW View Post
bmw performance ssk w/ zhp shift knob

http://s448.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=IMG_0486.mp4
Thanks for uploading that Dan

This is crazy with this slop! Do you think it could be the shorter shifter (longer rod) accentuates the stock selector rod slop? Why aren't there more after market options? Seems to me like there should be, and at this point, I don't really know how much I can trust UUC. . .
      05-21-2011, 02:32 AM   #27
litebulb
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '09 E88 135i M-Sport/6MT/SGM

Garage List
Hey guys I have a problem, just had the UUC SSK installed and my mechanic ran into issues with compressing the cylinder. He called UUC and they advised to sand it down (seems mickey mouse to me). He tried to install the DSSR and seems there is no way with the 135i cabriolet (Any one have a different experience?). Shifts are short and clean no slop but I doesn't slide into neutral when popped out of gear, my mechanic say it should after a week (anyone else have this happen?) Thanks for any responses!!
| Dinan S2=>MHD | e46 M3 trans mounts | Dinan CF CAI | ER CP | HKS SSQV4 BOV | RB PCV Valve | VRSF DP | N55 MP | BMW PE | OC | VRSF 7" FMIC | UUC Evo3 SSK | EBC GD Sport Rotors | EBC Redstuff | TRW F+R | | Whiteline KDT918 | H&R Front Sway | BMWP 313 | MPSS 225/255 | Scopione CF Rear Diffuser | iCarbon CF Rear Spoiler | P3 v2.1 Gauge | Interior LED Retrofit |
Appreciate 0