BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-02-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
188
Rep
1,423
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (12)

Looking for my old Alpine White 1M: wbsur9c54bvp76116

Hi folks,
i traded my old AW 1M a few years ago and I wish I didnt. If someone here owns it or knows who does, id love to see if I could buy it back: VIN wbsur9c54bvp76116

and yes, i know its a long shot. :P
__________________

IG: blackmist27
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 12:08 PM   #2
Tornado1M
Lieutenant
Tornado1M's Avatar
United_States
387
Rep
499
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
Hi folks,
i traded my old AW 1M a few years ago and I wish I didnt. If someone here owns it or knows who does, id love to see if I could buy it back: VIN wbsur9c54bvp76116

and yes, i know its a long shot. :P
Good Luck 🙏
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #3
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
1590
Rep
3,877
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmist222777 View Post
Hi folks,
i traded my old AW 1M a few years ago and I wish I didnt. If someone here owns it or knows who does, id love to see if I could buy it back: VIN wbsur9c54bvp76116

and yes, i know its a long shot. :P
Good luck!!!! I know where my first one is that I ordered ED and sticker had my name on it. It's sitting at the BMWCCA museum. I already have another 1M but I'm still torn and attached to my first one that my wife and I picked up with .3 miles and broke in throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. I get it! Very attached to the first one too.

Best of luck. Pulling for you!
Appreciate 3
dtla1341.00
///BYU133.00

      05-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
sharifm3
Second Lieutenant
30
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: flushing

iTrader: (0)

https://procarservices.com/bmw/XS4JWZ90S2
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9008.50

      05-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #5
Dackelone
European Editor
Dackelone's Avatar
Germany
9009
Rep
22,875
Posts

Drives: N54 e82
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bayern, Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifm3 View Post
There you go blackmist222777 your old 1M is in: 94118, CA, San Francisco Thanks sharifm3

Dack
__________________
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:32 PM   #6
sharifm3
Second Lieutenant
30
Rep
215
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: flushing

iTrader: (0)

I hope it works out, I know that feeling of regret
Appreciate 1
nachob1590.00

      05-02-2019, 05:01 PM   #7
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
1590
Rep
3,877
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (5)

We have let the whole world about the "evil curse" on that car..... until blackmist gets it!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 11:52 PM   #8
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1390
Rep
2,367
Posts

Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 18 MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
There you go blackmist222777 your old 1M is in: 94118, CA, San Francisco Thanks sharifm3

Dack
I wouldn't put much credence in that report.

I put the VIN # in from my 2000 Z3M Coupe, purchased in early March of 2015 (4 years ago): NO Result, car not found.

I put the VIN # in from my 1M, purchased and registered by me in May of 2015: No Result, car not found.

I put the VIN # in from my 2003 Porsche Turbo, purchased and registered by me in May of 2017: Shows the car to be located in Ohio, which was 2 owners ago, would be early 2016 or earlier.

I'm posting this in May of 2019, for anyone reading this in the future.

I wouldn't trust any of the results you might get from that search engine, they are either very much dated, not present, or useless until proven otherwise.
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 2
Dackelone9008.50

      05-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
de85275
Second Lieutenant
de85275's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
217
Posts

Drives: Valencia Orange 424/740
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Delaware

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ditto, I put mine in and it said Marietta , GA which is the port it came into. It is no where near that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I wouldn't put much credence in that report.

I put the VIN # in from my 2000 Z3M Coupe, purchased in early March of 2015 (4 years ago): NO Result, car not found.

I put the VIN # in from my 1M, purchased and registered by me in May of 2015: No Result, car not found.

I put the VIN # in from my 2003 Porsche Turbo, purchased and registered by me in May of 2017: Shows the car to be located in Ohio, which was 2 owners ago, would be early 2016 or earlier.

I'm posting this in May of 2019, for anyone reading this in the future.

I wouldn't trust any of the results you might get from that search engine, they are either very much dated, not present, or useless until proven otherwise.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9008.50

      05-03-2019, 04:43 PM   #10
dtla1
Major
dtla1's Avatar
341
Rep
1,305
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by de85275 View Post
Ditto, I put mine in and it said Marietta , GA which is the port it came into. It is no where near that.
And just for fun I put my 135i in, and got a totally different color 135i literally across the country.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9008.50

      05-03-2019, 06:42 PM   #11
Mr. Wilson
Private First Class
76
Rep
122
Posts

Drives: 1M BSM, F80 ZCP Azu black
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

I commend you for trying to find her.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone9008.50

      05-04-2019, 10:52 AM   #12
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
188
Rep
1,423
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Good luck!!!! I know where my first one is that I ordered ED and sticker had my name on it. It's sitting at the BMWCCA museum. I already have another 1M but I'm still torn and attached to my first one that my wife and I picked up with .3 miles and broke in throughout Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy. I get it! Very attached to the first one too.

Best of luck. Pulling for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifm3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
There you go blackmist222777 your old 1M is in: 94118, CA, San Francisco Thanks sharifm3

Dack
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharifm3 View Post
I hope it works out, I know that feeling of regret
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
I commend you for trying to find her.

thanks guys!
I appreciate the support. and actually my black one (current) was my first 1M. its just that for a period i had 2 and this one was my daily while my black one was my perfect museum car. but i sold her to buy a GT4... now, i wish i had kept her and then i would have only been 1 car away from the holy trifecta! just need an orange one. In any case, i appreciate the help guys.
__________________

IG: blackmist27
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 1
      05-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #13
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
80
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

What a great topic! I was lucky and the owner of my very first 1M contacted me! Regrets are plenty and I've had many an opportunity on this forum to let others know that once sold, it'll be just a short time until the regret sets in. Do not sell your car.
Appreciate 3
      05-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
1590
Rep
3,877
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M, 2003 330i ZHP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: California

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
What a great topic! I was lucky and the owner of my very first 1M contacted me! Regrets are plenty and I've had many an opportunity on this forum to let others know that once sold, it'll be just a short time until the regret sets in. Do not sell your car.
I agree I ended up paying more for my 2nd used 1M than my new one with ED. Once you let it go there is little like it to replace it with. If you lost the loving feeling altogether for cars that makes sense but if your eye is wandering remember the shine will wear off on anything new.
Appreciate 1
ayao421.50

      05-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #15
NorthernDancer
Major
317
Rep
1,348
Posts

Drives: 325iX & 128
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa On Canada

iTrader: (3)

We are not "owners" of these cars, we are their custodians.

Early [70-73] 2002 Tii's were about $4K new. Now, if they are mostly rust free, they are [add a zero] easily $40K and there were many imported. That 1M in 30-40 years will be $600K. Do you believe it?
In 1974 in Germany, I bought a 1970 911T for $5K. Sold it here in 1977 for $7750. Today, these cars are bringing around $100K. Key is to keep them rust free and "mostly" stock.
How long will it take before we see 1Ms going for over $100K?
Appreciate 1
      05-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #16
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
188
Rep
1,423
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernDancer View Post
We are not "owners" of these cars, we are their custodians.

Early [70-73] 2002 Tii's were about $4K new. Now, if they are mostly rust free, they are [add a zero] easily $40K and there were many imported. That 1M in 30-40 years will be $600K. Do you believe it?
In 1974 in Germany, I bought a 1970 911T for $5K. Sold it here in 1977 for $7750. Today, these cars are bringing around $100K. Key is to keep them rust free and "mostly" stock.
How long will it take before we see 1Ms going for over $100K?
I think we will see the 1Ms selling at $100k or over in the next 2-3 years...maybe the first within 12 months. basing that on seeing low mile examples selling for over $80k now
__________________

IG: blackmist27
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 11:00 PM   #17
ayao
Thread killer
422
Rep
1,701
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: CA

iTrader: (2)

Anyone willing to spend $100k on a 1M deserves to buy my car.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 03:40 AM   #18
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
Albania
8013
Rep
11,718
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

@Beckett is this you ? Lol. I thought you wanted VO ..

A little of an inside joke there , but literally was at the track this past weekend and a good friend of mine was missing his white 1M that he sold and considering selling his Porsche to get back to a 1M. I promptly let him drive my car at the track for a healthy reminder ...
__________________
ALWAYS BET ON BLACK!
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car -
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M387.00

      05-07-2019, 10:42 AM   #19
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
188
Rep
1,423
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
@Beckett is this you ? Lol. I thought you wanted VO ..

A little of an inside joke there , but literally was at the track this past weekend and a good friend of mine was missing his white 1M that he sold and considering selling his Porsche to get back to a 1M. I promptly let him drive my car at the track for a healthy reminder ...
You are a good friend
__________________

IG: blackmist27
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 1
      05-07-2019, 01:22 PM   #20
Rekraps
USMA 81
United_States
80
Rep
191
Posts

Drives: Own two 1M's, VO total OEM
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Really nice OEM (or virtually OEM) examples with low miles, ultra clean, will break $100K inside of two years. Even "used" ones with higher mileage, will forever sell above original sticker. The key, is leave them as stock as possible and don't track them.

This is why everyone must own two. One to drive, one to love and look at like a newborn baby.
Appreciate 2
      05-07-2019, 02:43 PM   #21
blackmist222777
Major
blackmist222777's Avatar
United_States
188
Rep
1,423
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekraps View Post
Really nice OEM (or virtually OEM) examples with low miles, ultra clean, will break $100K inside of two years. Even "used" ones with higher mileage, will forever sell above original sticker. The key, is leave them as stock as possible and don't track them.

This is why everyone must own two. One to drive, one to love and look at like a newborn baby.
Pretty much LOL
__________________

IG: blackmist27
2011 E82 BMW 1M Series Coupe
Check me out at Point.Shift.Drive (YouTube)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:06 PM   #22
Tuxedo
Bowties r cool ▶:◀
Tuxedo's Avatar
United_States
383
Rep
612
Posts

Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 19' G01 X3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
BTW Roundel Mag has a AW 1M listed 11k mile $65.7k
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST