BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-04-2018, 01:19 PM   #155
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

i'd be down for trying a 1M zb number on my 135. Google directs most to this thread.

I'm interested in this change in CBC.
And now that I have all working I can view braking pressures, need to learn how to log them though,,, just not safe otherwise.
I would say my end goal (long term) is to get to a reliable 1G cornering with a single button press.
      12-15-2018, 12:54 PM   #156
brakthru
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Ok guys. I want to give you an update on my latest findings. This is definitely good news from where im sitting. I recently learned how to calibrate the steering angle sensor with ISTA d. After doing so, I noticed my cars braking actions wasn't as severe when cornering. It allowed to drive with more speed around corners. The system still applied braking force at some point but the drive felt overall better.

Now the really good news. I was in the dsc module going through each coding option and trying many different values to see what would help reduce power cuts during everyday normal driving and abnormal driving. Lol! Keep in mind, I've done this many times already in the past. I decided to give Dynamic Braking Control(DBC) another try. To my surprise, all of the continuous braking action I normally feel part throttle and full throttle appears to be gone! This is with dsc on, dtc on and dsc off. Car feels normal. Drives smooth and accelerates faster. The axle is released to put the power down now like it should without the wiggley laggy feeling!

My dsc module is MK60 97 COA. Parameters may appear slightly different in your module.
You want to look for is something like DBC min ausloesedruck which means bring on/operation force, strain or pressure. From factory mine is set as wert 01 value E4. The value is what's important not the wert. The data range is from 00-ff. I set my min DBC to a value of 00 which turns the feature all the way down. FF applies more pressure on the axle.

This doesn't eliminate all dsc nannies but It sure feels good accelerating without being held back by braking. Some safeties are needed on this car even with dsc off. I read in ISTA the steering angle should be calibrated after making changes to dsc. So this must have helped. See explanation of DBC.

Dynamic Brake Control (DBC).
When, in an emergency, you apply the brake pedal quickly and with force but without really further increasing brake pressure, Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) instantly builds up maximum brake pressure, bringing your BMW more quickly to a halt.

Even when the driver fails to press on the brake pedal with adequate force, DBC ensures the braking distance will be a short as possible. The DBC control unit adjusts braking pressure to suit the current speed of the vehicle and the brake's level of wear. Furthermore, the DBC computer is networked with the vehicle's other chassis control systems, such as Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) and the anti-lock brake system (ABS), which work together to ensure the highest levels of driving safety.
Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) supports the driver actively and reliably when braking in an emergency. By electronically monitoring the speed and pressure with which the driver applies the brake pedal, it is able to recognise an emergency braking situation - and instantly ensures that full braking power is applied to the wheels. This automatically puts the brake force into the ABS range of control.
This process ensures that the stopping distance is not lengthened unnecessarily by abrupt braking. Whether the driver applies the brakes quickly or slowly, the system responds to the driverís actions automatically and ends brake pressure buildup via DBC.

The truth is DBC is active 100% of the time and that's why it responds to pedal input so fast.
Some give this a shot and let me know if it helps.
Appreciate 2
1and11410.00
AndyW291.50

12-15-2018, 01:52 PM   #157
brakthru
Private First Class
Rep

I just got finished driving in wet conditions. There is still some assistance to slow the car down slightly in certain turns and on some acceleration, DSC off. DME is not dumping the power down all at once. This is needed in the wet and it still drives way better and faster. I didn't do any full throttle pulls due to conditions. Car is more enjoyable and fun to drive now. Only been driving on new setup for a few days
Appreciate 2
1and11410.00
AndyW291.50

12-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #158
dzid_
Rep
Drives: 135i 2011 DCT

C0C_DBC_MIN_AUSLOESEDRUCK is set to 0 on mine and according to NCS Dummy it is the only available option. But mine is MK60_87.C0C which I believe is newer DSC firmware version. Yours was the last one that had 01 as default. Did they remove this safety feature?! I would prefer to have it during normal driving.

By assuming, the letters correspond to firmware version, there are quite a few newer firmware versions available (according to NCS dummy). Now I want to upgrade the firmware!! since I have other issues:
#1 sudden short negative torque intervention on the first wheel spin and then it is normal.
#2 When Sport button is On AND DTC is On, the throttle response is no longer sporty (link)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2018, 06:19 PM   #159
brakthru
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzid_ View Post
C0C_DBC_MIN_AUSLOESEDRUCK is set to 0 on mine and according to NCS Dummy it is the only available option. But mine is MK60_87.C0C which I believe is newer DSC firmware version. Yours was the last one that had 01 as default. Did they remove this safety feature?! I would prefer to have it during normal driving.

By assuming, the letters correspond to firmware version, there are quite a few newer firmware versions available (according to NCS dummy). Now I want to upgrade the firmware!! since I have other issues:
#1 sudden short negative torque intervention on the first wheel spin and then it is normal.
#2 When Sport button is On AND DTC is On, the throttle response is no longer sporty (link)
Are you getting torque intervention with dsc completely disabled?
Yes your firmware would be year and model specific. I have a 2007.
I only had 1 value for my car too.
I manually added the data value 00. The range is hexidecimal 00-FF. FF being the most intrusive braking action. 00 being the least intrusive. Hover your mouse over the wert to see what the value is. The wert is just a label not the function and doesnt mean much. The value is what controls the feature.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:47 PM   #160
lotusexiges
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 exige s

OK everyone, just looking for a solid answer on this as all of the previous posts have been less than clear on the subject:

If you install a mechanical LSD in a 128i can you actually fully code out rear brake intervention?

Fully meaning, ZERO intervention whatsoever during autox, drifto fun, or anything with the DSC button off for 3 seconds. Most posts clearly state the ecu is still brake dancing to some degree while some have said it works. I'm about to purchase a stellar low mile 6MT 128i and this is an absolute deal breaker for me buying this car. I just want a basic NA RWD car thats skids without ANY electronic BS. Help!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 09:08 PM   #161
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusexiges View Post
OK everyone, just looking for a solid answer on this as all of the previous posts have been less than clear on the subject:

If you install a mechanical LSD in a 128i can you actually fully code out rear brake intervention?

Fully meaning, ZERO intervention whatsoever during autox, drifto fun, or anything with the DSC button off for 3 seconds. Most posts clearly state the ecu is still brake dancing to some degree while some have said it works. I'm about to purchase a stellar low mile 6MT 128i and this is an absolute deal breaker for me buying this car. I just want a basic NA RWD car thats skids without ANY electronic BS. Help!

Well, I'm ice racing my 135i with the rear 'nannies' ON and a MFactory (Torsen style) LSD.
I would not change a thing with the way it works. I really feel there is a balance/understanding gap between diff fluids and the Edif action. My opinion is that selecting the right fluid for your engagement requirement is a necessity.

I tried the OE BMW (non-lsd) fluid, Redline Lightweight and Redline Super Lightweight. I like the engagement of the super the best with the ediff.
      01-29-2019, 01:53 PM   #162
bbnks2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Well, I'm ice racing my 135i with the rear 'nannies' ON and a MFactory (Torsen style) LSD.
I would not change a thing with the way it works. I really feel there is a balance/understanding gap between diff fluids and the Edif action. My opinion is that selecting the right fluid for your engagement requirement is a necessity.

I tried the OE BMW (non-lsd) fluid, Redline Lightweight and Redline Super Lightweight. I like the engagement of the super the best with the ediff.
That is weird because a torsion style LSD behavior shouldn't change with fluid like a clutch style differential. E-diff behavior wouldn't chance either as it's using the brakes to bias torque.

In these applications I would think fluid is acting as gear oil and nothing more.
135i: E30 map by TwistedTuning, VRSF DP, Kerscher +15mm fenders, Kosei K8R 255/40/17, M3 control arms, UUC trans mounts, DV+, Whiteline RSFB, 5" intercooler, Charge Pipe, PC925 (23lb), UUC SSK, YCW Coilovers 6k/16k, Monroe shock mounts, Diff lockdown, Catch Can, N20 TMAP, 335is clutch, SMFW, 034 engine mounts, M3 Steering rack
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #163
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
That is weird because a torsion style LSD behavior shouldn't change with fluid like a clutch style differential. E-diff behavior wouldn't chance either as it's using the brakes to bias torque.

In these applications I would think fluid is acting as gear oil and nothing more.

The diff is friction based engagement. Change the rate of friction change the engagement.
It's the same thing and playing with preload on a clutch diff.