BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-28-2019, 04:14 PM   #1629
2WheelDave
Private
24
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, 2005 BMW R1200GS
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada

iTrader: (0)

Will do, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 12:26 AM   #1630
2WheelDave
Private
24
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, 2005 BMW R1200GS
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Salmon Arm, B.C. Canada

iTrader: (0)

Yep, didn't notice that the idle speed slider control defaults to it's highest settings. Re-flashed and all is well.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #1631
Accrual_World
Member
3
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: Black 135i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Having a bit of a peculiar issue with the stage 1 tune.

On the stage 1 tune I am unable to hit boost targets or load targets at all despite fixing the boost leak that I suspected was the issue.

Pressure tested the whole system up to 15psi and found 0 leaks what-so-ever. So i decided to flash back to "stock" (map 0) where I logged and hit all targets no problem at all (7-10psi). So, feeling adventurous; i decided to flash stage 1+ to see what would happen. To my surprise I was also hitting all load and boost targets (13-15psi).

I'm thinking this may be an issue with the tune, but i am no professional so I could be very wrong, just curious what you all think.

Logs:

Stage 1- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/mhd-sta...-4-15-26-33-34

Stage 0- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/log-156...-5-19-32-39-41

Stage 1+- No logs uploaded yet, but they look like Stage 0 only at around 15psi and a higher rail pressure.

Car is bone stock aside from an ER CP.

Original thread started when I thought the only issue was a boost leak:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1645142
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 12:57 AM   #1632
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
383
Rep
837
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrual_World View Post
Having a bit of a peculiar issue with the stage 1 tune.

On the stage 1 tune I am unable to hit boost targets or load targets at all despite fixing the boost leak that I suspected was the issue.

Pressure tested the whole system up to 15psi and found 0 leaks what-so-ever. So i decided to flash back to "stock" (map 0) where I logged and hit all targets no problem at all (7-10psi). So, feeling adventurous; i decided to flash stage 1+ to see what would happen. To my surprise I was also hitting all load and boost targets (13-15psi).

I'm thinking this may be an issue with the tune, but i am no professional so I could be very wrong, just curious what you all think.

Logs:

Stage 1- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/mhd-sta...-4-15-26-33-34

Stage 0- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/log-156...-5-19-32-39-41

Stage 1+- No logs uploaded yet, but they look like Stage 0 only at around 15psi and a higher rail pressure.

Car is bone stock aside from an ER CP.

Original thread started when I thought the only issue was a boost leak:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1645142
There are lots of problems with the OTS maps from my experience on previous versions. They are and never will be 100%, because the same person who makes them also creates custom tunes which generate revenue.
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red, FBO, TBI, Full e85, JB4 BEF-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black-Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #1633
EvanAlfred
Enlisted Member
EvanAlfred's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: Bmw 135i n55 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Miami, Fl

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrual_World View Post
Having a bit of a peculiar issue with the stage 1 tune.

On the stage 1 tune I am unable to hit boost targets or load targets at all despite fixing the boost leak that I suspected was the issue.

Pressure tested the whole system up to 15psi and found 0 leaks what-so-ever. So i decided to flash back to "stock" (map 0) where I logged and hit all targets no problem at all (7-10psi). So, feeling adventurous; i decided to flash stage 1+ to see what would happen. To my surprise I was also hitting all load and boost targets (13-15psi).

I'm thinking this may be an issue with the tune, but i am no professional so I could be very wrong, just curious what you all think.

Logs:

Stage 1- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/mhd-sta...-4-15-26-33-34

Stage 0- https://datazap.me/u/erisola/log-156...-5-19-32-39-41

Stage 1+- No logs uploaded yet, but they look like Stage 0 only at around 15psi and a higher rail pressure.

Car is bone stock aside from an ER CP.

Original thread started when I thought the only issue was a boost leak:
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1645142
There are lots of problems with the OTS maps from my experience on previous versions. They are and never will be 100%, because the same person who makes them also creates custom tunes which generate revenue.
+1 I've been trying to sort out an over boost issue on my e50 map.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 01:39 PM   #1634
Immaculate
New Member
0
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: 11' 135i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: MN

iTrader: (0)

What is the boost target for the E50 map?

I was previously running JB4 and MHD back end flash, but now decided to remove JB4 and try the E50 map. I did a quick pull and saw max boost 19.7 in 3rd gear. Car is FBO with PS1 and a stage 2 Fuel-it LPFP. On my map 6 with JB4 and E85 BEF I would run 22 psi peak and taper.

Otherwise, my first impression is the cars drivability is much better and power delivery seems more consistent. Throttle response is awesome, seems like the DCT shifts smoother and a lot of the jerkiness is gone. Amazing what you get used to, haha.

Last edited by Immaculate; 09-05-2019 at 02:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 12:00 PM   #1635
Accrual_World
Member
3
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: Black 135i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanAlfred View Post
+1 I've been trying to sort out an over boost issue on my e50 map.
Since the weather has cooled into the 60s and low to mid 70s here in CT I have been running stage 1+ for a few days and at partial throttle pulls, I almost always over-boost as well.

However, now, at WOT I have been hitting target perfectly but tapering off a little quicker than the target does (15psi down to around 12psi). Definitely ruled out boost leaks. Has to just be the OTS tune.

Running an e16-e20 mix around 96oct on the 91oct map and the car seems to run very well; very little timing corrections (if any). Only issue is this target boost thing that I suppose I can live with.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #1636
Accrual_World
Member
3
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: Black 135i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immaculate View Post
What is the boost target for the E50 map?

I was previously running JB4 and MHD back end flash, but now decided to remove JB4 and try the E50 map. I did a quick pull and saw max boost 19.7 in 3rd gear. Car is FBO with PS1 and a stage 2 Fuel-it LPFP. On my map 6 with JB4 and E85 BEF I would run 22 psi peak and taper.

Otherwise, my first impression is the cars drivability is much better and power delivery seems more consistent. Throttle response is awesome, seems like the DCT shifts smoother and a lot of the jerkiness is gone. Amazing what you get used to, haha.
I believe that is exactly what peak boost should be; 19psi for the e85 mix maps.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #1637
Rockstar1487
Alonne Captain
Rockstar1487's Avatar
United_States
55
Rep
306
Posts

Drives: M4, 135is, 135i RET, M240i RET
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Central, New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys question, the stage2+ is not suppressing my catless downpipe CEL lean to rich and rich to lean. Need help. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 10:22 PM   #1638
Mannysouza
Registered
Mannysouza's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i DCT M Sport Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

So I just bought my self a 2011 135i coupe with DCT and 74,000 miles. i have added charge pipp and a FMIC. I have done the coils and spark plugs. Flashed the car with a Cobb tuner, that I got used before reading about Mhd, with the 1+sport tune.

I like the power I have now but the transmission seems to be having issues with the added power. It downshifts to almost redline and then takes a couple seconds to shift to the next gear. I am disappointed with the shifting. Can the MHD tune help with this.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 04:25 AM   #1639
MatanKau
New Member
Australia
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i 2012
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, this may a noob question but Im unsure which fuel map I am suppose to use.

Im from NZ we have 91,95 and 98 Octane available at the pump.

But on the MHD app I get the options ANC91/CAD94 1- 91OCT/95RON - 93OCT/98RON and 95OCT/102RON


Which fuel map am I to run? I will be using 98 octane fuel available here, whats been confusing me is the OCT and RON values given? can anyone explain this to me.

Cherrs!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 02:10 PM   #1640
Accrual_World
Member
3
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: Black 135i M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: CT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatanKau View Post
Hey guys, this may a noob question but Im unsure which fuel map I am suppose to use.

Im from NZ we have 91,95 and 98 Octane available at the pump.

But on the MHD app I get the options ANC91/CAD94 1- 91OCT/95RON - 93OCT/98RON and 95OCT/102RON


Which fuel map am I to run? I will be using 98 octane fuel available here, whats been confusing me is the OCT and RON values given? can anyone explain this to me.

Cherrs!

Does NZ use RON octane ratings? Seems it does.

"OCT" in this case is the average rating between RON (Research or Road Octane Number) and MON (Motor Octane Number). Tune what you have available at the pump; if you are going to use 98 then you will use the 93OCT/98RON map or any map below this.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #1641
TURBO8
Private First Class
United_States
1013
Rep
160
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: LV NV

iTrader: (0)

Has anyone had a problem with the cruise control light not coming on after flashing?

My cruise control works, the light just doesn't come on. The light would come on before the flash.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 05:01 PM   #1642
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
193
Rep
1,736
Posts

Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (25)

Has anyone bought or sold a car with MHD installed? How did you handle transferring the licenses?

I bought a car with a tablet, cable, MHD (all of which was negotiated and included in the price) and later found out the tune is locked not to the car but rather the PO's google account.

The PO let me log back in and I put the tablet in airplane mode for the time being. I asked MHD to help me transfer this stuff to my account but they are unwilling to help. I feel my request is reasonable. I've technically already bought this stuff when I bought the car and have little interest rebuying it a second time. /rant
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #1643
katsooba
First Lieutenant
katsooba's Avatar
66
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: bmw 135i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Israel

iTrader: (0)

did the E-series N55 development stop?
or are there any plans for future additions to the platform?
should we expect anything? or just keep on logging?

custom tuning is our only option left?
__________________
135i N55 / KW V3 / MHD Flash / CP-E 5" DP / CP-E charge pipe / CP-E 7" FMIC
Appreciate 1
houtan398.00

      10-10-2019, 12:42 PM   #1644
dtla1
Major
dtla1's Avatar
361
Rep
1,346
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Silicon Valley

iTrader: (2)

Anybody have thoughts on what might be happening regarding MHD and California Smog issues?

See this thread, haven't been able to get MHD to comment yet.
I wonder if there is a certain procedure or specific steps to try to avoid having to go through the issues described in the thread.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1652276
Appreciate 1
houtan398.00

      10-14-2019, 09:29 PM   #1645
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
115
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 135is :) 192/586
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: LA, CA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Hi, my DCT 135is is stock (performance wise) except for an aftermarket intake. I love the extra bit of pull and the noise. I really do not want any more power but I'd gladly tune my car if necessary.

Since putting on the intake, I've had the code 28A0. The SES light from the 28A0 popped up after ~25 miles of driving. It disappeared on its own after ~300 miles of driving. During that time with the AC on, I experienced the VERY ROUGH jerking when coming to a stop and I observed that the car was trying to save itself from stalling.

Then, I was finally able to clear codes and I cleared it. I spoke to several people I knew and was told to reset adaptations. I did and it worked great. Since then, the car runs smooth, sounds great, makes the right turbo noises, etc. Almost as if I was stock except for the extra whoosh and a slight change in sound. All was great until yellow check engine light (CCID-29) popped up. The car had very little power. Turned the car off, waited 5 minutes, and turned it back on. All went back to running perfectly except for a new set of codes 2BC0 and 2BF4. I cleared the codes and they keep on coming back after ~25-50 miles of driving. Last night as I was parallel parking the car, the CEL popped up again (CCID-29). Parked it, turned it off, and back on, went around the block and all is normal.

Would MHD help me fix this? I'm sure a bunch of MHD tuned N55 cars are able to run an aftermarket intake.

28A0 = Air mass system, plausibility: calculated air volumes in air intake system implausible
2BC0 = Mixture control: Fuel-air mixture too lean
2BF4 = Rail pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2019, 09:56 PM   #1646
houtan
Colonel
houtan's Avatar
398
Rep
2,216
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: socal

iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsnBurbles View Post
Hi, my DCT 135is is stock (performance wise) except for an aftermarket intake. I love the extra bit of pull and the noise. I really do not want any more power but I'd gladly tune my car if necessary.

Since putting on the intake, I've had the code 28A0. The SES light from the 28A0 popped up after ~25 miles of driving. It disappeared on its own after ~300 miles of driving. During that time with the AC on, I experienced the VERY ROUGH jerking when coming to a stop and I observed that the car was trying to save itself from stalling.

Then, I was finally able to clear codes and I cleared it. I spoke to several people I knew and was told to reset adaptations. I did and it worked great. Since then, the car runs smooth, sounds great, makes the right turbo noises, etc. Almost as if I was stock except for the extra whoosh and a slight change in sound. All was great until yellow check engine light (CCID-29) popped up. The car had very little power. Turned the car off, waited 5 minutes, and turned it back on. All went back to running perfectly except for a new set of codes 2BC0 and 2BF4. I cleared the codes and they keep on coming back after ~25-50 miles of driving. Last night as I was parallel parking the car, the CEL popped up again (CCID-29). Parked it, turned it off, and back on, went around the block and all is normal.

Would MHD help me fix this? I'm sure a bunch of MHD tuned N55 cars are able to run an aftermarket intake.

28A0 = Air mass system, plausibility: calculated air volumes in air intake system implausible
2BC0 = Mixture control: Fuel-air mixture too lean
2BF4 = Rail pressure sensor, plausibility: Pressure too high before engine start.
What intake? If itís bms I would get rid of it.
__________________
2011 LMB 135i DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 12:56 AM   #1647
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
115
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 135is :) 192/586
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: LA, CA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
What intake? If itís bms I would get rid of it.
Gruppe M, got it for my Bday. I've always wanted one, never hand the heart to get one, but my family got me one.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 06:09 AM   #1648
passiewassie
New Member
passiewassie's Avatar
Netherlands
5
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 135i coupe N55 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

We need some pics of that intake! How does it drive?
__________________
2012 135i Coupe - N55 DCT - MHD stage 1+
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2019, 09:38 PM   #1649
PopsnBurbles
Captain
United_States
115
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 135is :) 192/586
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: LA, CA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by passiewassie View Post
We need some pics of that intake! How does it drive?
To give you some idea, my car is stock except for the intake and I did the M3 cowl mod. The cowl mod gave the car a bit of "whoosh" noises.

I'll have some pics up of my car when I get the chance to clean my car. It's sooo dirty right now. I'll have an album of my car up when it's clean and when I get my BMW Perf. Spoiler on.

As for how it drives, it's far more different than I was expecting.

First, the intake greatly increased the "whoosh" noise when releasing the throttle pedal. I can also hear the turbo spool up a bit. When downshifting, you hear the "blow off" very well when it downshifts and it lands on 3k+ rpm. My "inner ricer" is fully satisfied. This was my first turbo car and I was expecting a bit of this sound from the factory. Besides the eye candy, this really is the main reason I wanted an intake.

Second, the car sounds virtually the same when driven normally (2k rpm and below). When given WOT, the car sounds a tiny bit different. The first time I redlined the car, I let off immediately because I was shocked with the change in sound. This is something my friends noticed as well when I went WOT with them in my car.

Third, the power and power delivery changed. Daily driving, it's exactly like stock. When cruising, passing, speeding up, etc. on the highway, the car feels lighter and more lively. It feels like I have the sport button on all the time. When I have the button actually on, it's even lighter. I am not saying the +20bhp/whp is accurate but I'll say that there's definitely a gain.

Anything past ~2.5k rpm is where it really changes. It pulls harder than stock at any rpm above 2.5k especially above 5k rpm. The DCT is definitely not used/not expecting the car to run stronger than the stock 320hp. While having more power is thrilling, I don't think I would want more power as my skills as a driver cannot properly take advantage of 320hp.

The bad: I got the 2BC0 (too lean) and 2BF4 (fuel rail pressure too high, logged it and it says 1000 psi at idle) codes. I still do not know when it is triggered but the codes started when the intake was installed. I suspect it's something AC related. This seems to be followed by a yellow CEL that gives me power reduction mode that goes away after restarting the car. The DCT is too violent when driven hard and it's a bit concerning.

Of course, all of this can all be in my mind but the good few people that got to drive/ride as passenger in my car agreed/pointed some these out to me.

Bonus: My car for a while made loud popping/gun shot noises instead of a burble. This lasted for about 3 days and it went away and went back to the usual ppk burble. I abused it and had too much fun with it and the car gods took it back from me.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #1650
Wegz
New Member
Wegz's Avatar
8
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: 2013 135i 6MT Msport
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Milwaukee

iTrader: (0)

Does this work with the 2013 yet? Looking for more power out of my car, currently dinan stage 2 flash and BMW perf exhaust. Can I back up my Dinan tune and restore it if I dont like MHD?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ecu, jb4, mhd, n55, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST