BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Harold
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z3 Coupe

new spyshot of 3-door 1-series

:w00t:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 04:56 AM   #2
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I would LOVE one of those :headbang:.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #3
bmwfreak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

New front bumper is a great improvement, car looks much more sleek overall, BMW fixed alot of jagged errors on the 1-series and X3 with these facelifts, good job
      12-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

From Scott27 over on GCZ.

"The 1er is in the unfortunate position on which it gets lambasted for it's appearance ,
But to the critics the BMW is officially a success in several markets BMW sell more 1er than the Mercedes A-Klasse and B-Klasse combined .
Now that the hard part is out of the way - establishing your product and it's position! Now it's time to play...

First up will be the 1er Sporthatch - Which you have seen fresh from it's shooting in Cape Town SA and Tokyo, Japan.
BMW aiming directly at the non-family perfromance hatch market . when I say non-family this demographic means to drivers with no families.
The 3dr is BMW's attack on the 3dr C-segment - Aiming at the standard versions and the range topping performance models .
To fire directly into the performance hatch segment BMW will equip the 1er with a Golf GT-i Challenging 120 Si utilising the engine found in the BMW 320Si ,
The 130i will sit at the top end of the range and will be offered as the current 5dr hatch in Sport and SE versions.
The big news will be the next incarnation of BMW's turbo engines a 125i .
BMW are wanting to keep the six-cylinder turbo engine away from entering below the 3er at first. A wait and see policy to see how the market reacts.

Next up will be the Cabrio using the proportions and style defined by the CS1 Concept car from 2002.
Using a Canvas roof this model will begin to make a case for the larger and more upmarket 3er Cabrio , In 2008 BMW will introduce a 2dr Coupe with prototypes hitting the street in January.
(which is currently expected to adopt a 2er badge with BMW wanting to recreate the passion the original 2002 brought to the masses -
So much so that BMW want to recreate the marketing of the 2002 such as in location and feel . BMW would like to see this car have the "MINI" effect for the BMW brand.
So revered especially in the US that to contradict popular myth of small cars that BMW will export the Coupe and Cabrio to the US Market.
With BMW seeing these two cars as having more of an effect in the US than the current 1er hatch."
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #5
Brookside
Major
Rep

Big news in Scott's reply.....
a turbo-6 cyl. Designated 125. That would be awesome- and certainly the one I would go for if it were available.

That's the good news. Now for the bad. He mentions the 2-series coupe will not be introduced until 2008. He's talking calendar year...not model year.
Earliest arrival date is more than a year away. Yikes!
This is starting to feel like a story from the Old Testament with lost tribes wandering in the desert for years in a test of faith.

Also, no mention of the 3-door hatch coming to N/A.

Scott's conclusions aren't written in stone...(ok I'll stop with the biblical references)
but a lot of people, even those who regard themselves as having inside info, give deference to Scott's observations.
I've seen him miss the mark before. He is most accurate when talking about what something will look like and drivetrain set-ups.

If anyone has better info- now's the time to post it.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 08:15 AM   #6
Brookside
Major
Rep

Looks like it snowed in Munich recently.:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #7
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Big news in Scott's reply.....
a turbo-6 cyl. Designated 125. That would be awesome- and certainly the one I would go for if it were available.

That's the good news. Now for the bad. He mentions the 2-series coupe will not be introduced until 2008. He's talking calendar year...not model year.
Earliest arrival date is more than a year away. Yikes!
This is starting to feel like a story from the Old Testament with lost tribes wandering in the desert for years in a test of faith.

Also, no mention of the 3-door hatch coming to N/A.

Scott's conclusions aren't written in stone...(ok I'll stop with the biblical references)
but a lot of people, even those who regard themselves as having inside info, give deference to Scott's observations.
I've seen him miss the mark before. He is most accurate when talking about what something will look like and drivetrain set-ups.

If anyone has better info- now's the time to post it.
A 2.5L turbo? Wow :headbang:. However a calender date launch of 08 may be too late for me....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 08:25 PM   #8
Brookside
Major
Rep

I'm in the same situation unless I figure some kind of contingency plan.
And even then, assuming the 2 is perfecto, there'll be no deals on a hot new model...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2006, 09:30 PM   #9
LonghornTX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
I'm in the same situation unless I figure some kind of contingency plan.
And even then, assuming the 2 is perfecto, there'll be no deals on a hot new model...
For how long it seems this model has been tested, I would hope so :iono:. Either way, I better get working on some kind of plan as well.
Appreciate 0