BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-08-2010, 01:35 PM   #45
///Mike135i
Private First Class
England
Rep
Drives: E82 M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
You will definitely want a full 4 wheel alignment when replacing the springs and or shocks. You will not rub so long as your wheels and tires are the correct offset and sizing.
Thats great thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #46
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
I must say I am hesitant to do ANY suspension mods to this car. I did to my last car (mk5 gti) and I regretted all the time and money spent on it. I had Koni FSDs and Neuspeed springs (1" drop all around) and I really couldnt feel much of a different at all in the drive. Only time I could tell is If I was bookin it around a corner, like 45-50mph and it was hold its on pretty well, but honestly..for the amount of time and money I put into that shit, as well as the alignment, tires, etc. It didnt seem ANYWHERE NEAR worth it..

Also, I felt that there were a good deal of unknown bumps, rattles n noises in the suspension after the job was done and ESPECIALLY after the parts were all taken off, so this makes me even MORE weary about messin with the suspension. Not to mention the fact that I live in central PA that has terribly shit roads. I may be moving more south to NC in the nearish future which in that case wont have to worry as much about that, but Id still be unsure bout moddin the suspension on the 1er. I really thing it handles very well, I can take corners pretty fast even with the RFT's and it grips alright, yea the springs are a lil soft but I kind of like it that way due to the shit roads, etc.
Point is, until i move somewhere with better roads and less shitty weather, im def stayin with the stock setup and perhaps a sexier set of tires n wheels if I can even figure out which will fit best
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 03:56 AM   #47
OneTwenty8i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

If I install the Eibach springs will I need new shocks or can I use the stock ones? Any info helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 08:42 AM   #48
asbrr
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335ix M-Sport

You should always match shocks to springs, so if you add lower and stiffer springs, the shocks need to be designed to handle them.

You will basically wear out your factory shocks much faster with lower/stiff springs, and your car will ride / handle poorly.

Do some searches, there is tons of info on this an other suspension upgrade options/paths. There is no "cheap"/"easy" way, do the job once and do it properly or don't do it at all.....
Appreciate 1