BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-30-2018, 04:49 PM   #1475
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
302
Rep
631
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Yeah it would, you'd need a custom tune, or you could also just unplug the boost solenoid and drive the car like that....
Thanks. Any idea how the engine would feel compare to an N52? Would unplugging the solenoid cause any problems?
I'm not sure if it would on mhd flash, I did that once when I was running a JB4+bef setup. And my buddies 330i felt similar in a way. But I was also FBO and had a downpipe which affected some feel. It's WAY slower..
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black, FULL E85 FLEX FUEL
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #1476
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
900
Rep
1,209
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

unplugging the solenoid will put the car in drivable limp mode (NA mode). If you can deal with the lights on the dash, its fine. But why? Better off just flashing stage zero.
Appreciate 1
duder13252.50

      12-13-2018, 01:45 PM   #1477
MONEY
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Hi Guys, so recently about 3 days ago I uploaded to the most recent MHD 1.56 version from the 1.24, running the Stage 2 Plus map on my 13 DCT 135IS.

WOT is really smooth, and the car pulls great. However, upon braking while coming to a stop the car has started to jerk forward at random times and very often in both M Sport and Regular D drive. Specifically gears 3 to 1 the RPMs jump up, then back down, then back up, and back down causing the car to jerk forward even though my foot is on the brake only.

The 1.24 version probably did this once every month, where now with this updated 1.56 it is happened maybe every other stop. It feels as though the DCT is trying to engage and then decides not to engage etc causing the jerking motion and doesn't feel or sound pleasant for the tranny.

However, I did not Reset Adaptations when I updated.

I have attached two video links below to show you what is happening in both D and M drive.

1.

2.


Anyone else experiencing this? If not, any idea how to fix?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 04:25 PM   #1478
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
970
Rep
1,636
Posts

Drives: like a damn lunatic
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Not to get into an AT/DCT vs MT war, but:

All the more reason not to have a transmission that is run by software.
__________________
"Prius" is Latin for Eunuch.
"Hrothgar": 2012 135i: 6MT M-Sport, BSM/Blk; Nav, Premium, Convenience, HK
Dinan Stage 2 +PPK /// BMW PE /// VRSF CP /// K&N /// Koni Sports /// RSFB Inserts /// Apex EC-7 w/MPS4S 235/255 /// Other Stuff
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2018, 05:22 PM   #1479
mfindigital
Second Lieutenant
116
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
Hi Guys, so recently about 3 days ago I uploaded to the most recent MHD 1.56 version from the 1.24, running the Stage 2 Plus map on my 13 DCT 135IS.

WOT is really smooth, and the car pulls great. However, upon braking while coming to a stop the car has started to jerk forward at random times and very often in both M Sport and Regular D drive. Specifically gears 3 to 1 the RPMs jump up, then back down, then back up, and back down causing the car to jerk forward even though my foot is on the brake only.

The 1.24 version probably did this once every month, where now with this updated 1.56 it is happened maybe every other stop. It feels as though the DCT is trying to engage and then decides not to engage etc causing the jerking motion and doesn't feel or sound pleasant for the tranny.

However, I did not Reset Adaptations when I updated.

I have attached two video links below to show you what is happening in both D and M drive.

1.

2.


Anyone else experiencing this? If not, any idea how to fix?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
There is a bunch of info on dct trans lurching, different people had different solutions. For me, MHD stage one (an older version likely, installed about 8 months ago) fixed it. Others have had to go through a bunch of steps to resolve. I'd guess yours is tune related if it happened just now. MHD can probably offer support. Resetting adaptations sounds like the right first step though.
__________________
2011 Space Grey 135i DCT MSport Suspension, Berk Street Axle Back, MHD Stage 1, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 5" FMIC
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #1480
MONEY
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
There is a bunch of info on dct trans lurching, different people had different solutions. For me, MHD stage one (an older version likely, installed about 8 months ago) fixed it. Others have had to go through a bunch of steps to resolve. I'd guess yours is tune related if it happened just now. MHD can probably offer support. Resetting adaptations sounds like the right first step though.
Thanks for the feedback. Did MHD send you an older version to reupload? I emailed the regarding this, still waiting to hear back.

Also, after looking at resetting adaptations there a a number of options. I am not sure which options I should reset. They are as follows:

1. Lambda sensors
2. Intake mass flow
3. Throttle
4. Lambda regulation
5. Load control
6. Fuel high pressure system
7. Octane rating
8. VANOS
9. Register battery.

Any idea which I should reset?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #1481
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
630
Rep
1,600
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Probably none, you can try unhooking the battery but my fix for DCT issues is as follows:

1) Drive manual mode 100% of the time
2) Always downshift yourself, especially into 1 well in advance of when you need to stop then take off again.
3) Hit gas aggressively, if vehicle is in gear from previous step you take off without delay

I've had 100% success rate with this strategy.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 12:35 PM   #1482
MONEY
New Member
0
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 2013 135is
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Cali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wind Breezes View Post
Probably none, you can try unhooking the battery but my fix for DCT issues is as follows:

1) Drive manual mode 100% of the time
2) Always downshift yourself, especially into 1 well in advance of when you need to stop then take off again.
3) Hit gas aggressively, if vehicle is in gear from previous step you take off without delay

I've had 100% success rate with this strategy.
Thanks for the feedback, that sounds like it would definitely resolve this. However, I ended up resetting all adaptations and followed MHD advice that they emailed me. I have only driven it this morning and so far, so good. Hopefully no more issues here on out!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #1483
Dane_135i
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orlando Fl

iTrader: (0)

When can we expect this?


Last edited by Dane_135i; 12-20-2018 at 02:55 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2018, 08:37 PM   #1484
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
900
Rep
1,209
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_135i View Post
When can we expect this?

closed testing right now. Making sure it plays right with everything.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #1485
duder13
First Lieutenant
253
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
unplugging the solenoid will put the car in drivable limp mode (NA mode). If you can deal with the lights on the dash, its fine. But why? Better off just flashing stage zero.
Stage 0 still uses the turbo. I think it would be cool to have an "NA" mode for those times when one feels like wringing out the engine without any turbo lag and most of the power up top, but I'm not sure what an N55 with the turbo turned off feels like.

Is it wrong to hope that it would essentially drive like the N52 engine in a 128i???
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #1486
Yuungblood
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroonkl View Post
My car, built 08/12 and needs bench flash. What to do?
I know you've posted this years ago but did you ever figure out what to do ?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 01:39 PM   #1487
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
900
Rep
1,209
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

DME unlocks are still a question???

https://twistedtuning.com/collection...ies-dme-unlock
__________________
TWISTED TUNING
Performance Automotive Calibrations, Design and Fabrication
www.twistedtuning.com
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 2
      12-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #1488
valve float
Private First Class
94
Rep
175
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: BC - Canada

iTrader: (0)

AFAIK the MEVD 1726 DME is the red headed step child...

i'd love to flash my old man's '13 135i but it looks like a PB may have to suffice...
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 11:21 PM   #1489
WeekendWarriorz
Captain
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
302
Rep
631
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valve float View Post
AFAIK the MEVD 1726 DME is the red headed step child...

i'd love to flash my old man's '13 135i but it looks like a PB may have to suffice...
MEVD1726 has the ecu which needs an unlock (inconvenient to some) but worse it has the reliable hpfp that doesn't want to flow any e85!!!! :
__________________
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Imola Red, FBO VF-Engineering, e85 Flex Fuel-Sold
2012 BMW 135i N55 DCT Alpine White/Coral Red-Sold
2006 Z4 M Roadster Black/Black, FULL E85 FLEX FUEL
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2018, 12:03 AM   #1490
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
45
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: NorCal

iTrader: (0)

Anyone mind taking a look at this log for me? Had my VRSF 7HD FMIC, lower CP, and turbo outlet installed at my local indie. Tech was well versed with the n54/n55 platform and hooked me up with half time on labor. I also flashed the e30 OTS map and am again blown away with the improvement. I'm nearing 45k miles in the next few months and have a set of NGK 95770 plugs ready to go but haven't seen many corrections since flashing to e30. Is a custom tune worth investing in or should I wait for a bigger turbo/LPFP. Any recommendations?

https://datazap.me/u/divbetic/1226-2...31-32-34-35-36
__________________
2011 135i 6MT
MHD E30 | VRSF FBO | M Performance Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 09:28 AM   #1491
Twisted Tuning
Major
Twisted Tuning's Avatar
900
Rep
1,209
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

MHD UPDATE IS LIVE:

1.57
- Added XDi pumps support for late E series as flash option.
- Added an e50 maps for N55s with the N54 hpfp (models till 3-2012)
- All maps updated to 1.54 (Valvetronic changes for better idle, part throttle and transient boost response)
__________________
TWISTED TUNING
Performance Automotive Calibrations, Design and Fabrication
www.twistedtuning.com
www.facebook.com/twistedtuned
justin@twistedtuning.com
Appreciate 3
houtan345.00

      02-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #1492
traintrax
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i Marrakesh Brown
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Saint Charles, MO

iTrader: (0)

What are the thoughts on going Stage 2+ on and 2012 135 with 75,000 miles on it. All service is up to date and I was planning on doing plugs and coils at the same time.

Thanks...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:30 PM   #1493
Mark Aubele
New Member
11
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: '12 135i
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
MHD UPDATE IS LIVE:

1.57
- Added XDi pumps support for late E series as flash option.
- Added an e50 maps for N55s with the N54 hpfp (models till 3-2012)
- All maps updated to 1.54 (Valvetronic changes for better idle, part throttle and transient boost response)

Any dynos on the E50 map yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 10:58 PM   #1494
E.Usaf
Enlisted Member
15
Rep
42
Posts

Drives: E82 N55
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Azores

iTrader: (0)

I'm excited to try this update, but my car is in limbo while being shipped until at least April

Buzzing about in a Mini Cooper S until then. Surprisingly fun car.

Looking forward to some reviews of this map in the mean time.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #1495
Devin_rsv4
New Member
Canada
11
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2012 135i
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
MHD UPDATE IS LIVE:

1.57
- Added XDi pumps support for late E series as flash option.
- Added an e50 maps for N55s with the N54 hpfp (models till 3-2012)
- All maps updated to 1.54 (Valvetronic changes for better idle, part throttle and transient boost response)
Updated to the 1.54 stage1 map. Cold start and idle afterwards is nice and smooth. Low/partial throttle applications seem smoother as well. Appreciate how refined these maps are becoming.
Appreciate 1
135j22.50

      02-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #1496
ThatKidDavid
Member
ThatKidDavid's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
87
Posts

Drives: 2011 135i
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Chino Hills, CA

iTrader: (0)

Hows the e50 map feel anyone? I'm still in my clutch break in period
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ecu, jb4, mhd, n55, tune

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:45 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST