BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-30-2018, 09:18 AM   #1
scoobyted
Rep
Drives: TBD

WTB 128i M Sport Le Mans Blue

Looking for a 128i m sport, 6 speed lemans blue.

Will pay very fair price as this is a tough spec.

NO SULEV

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #2
tsivero
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i M-Sport

Scoobyted, didn't you sell yours in this same spec earlier this year?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
scoobyted
Rep

I did... regretfully so.

It was a SULEV car.

I loved it, well taken care of. It went to a great home. In fact, the owner just texted the other day.

I want a non SULEV car to keep in the stable.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 02:41 PM   #4
RetroGrade
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport LMB

Hi scoobyted,

I may have what you're looking for. My car is Le Mans Blue / Boston Gray Leather. Manual with M Sport package.

PM if would like more info.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
RoadAmerica8
Rep
Drives: None

Just dropping by to say that I saw and drove RetroGrade's 128i when he initially had it up for sale—top-notch car, good seller.

I ended up buying a 128i m-sport in carbon black from another forum member, but only because I was hung up on the gray leather.

Good luck, all.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 08:10 PM   #6
RetroGrade
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAmerica8 View Post
Just dropping by to say that I saw and drove RetroGrade's 128i when he initially had it up for sale—top-notch car, good seller.

I ended up buying a 128i m-sport in carbon black from another forum member, but only because I was hung up on the gray leather.

Good luck, all.
Thanks RoadAmerica8!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 10:05 AM   #7
scoobyted
Rep

Beautiful car!

A bit apprehensive on the grey as well.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #8
Gweeper64
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i N51 6mt M-Sport

Just curious, why no SULEV?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2019, 02:48 PM   #9
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gweeper64 View Post
Just curious, why no SULEV?
More difficult to work on and expensive parts. BMW had to give longer warranty for SULEV emission system but still know of people who spent a lot of money on repairs at dealer where the dealer didn't know or care to submit it as warranty claim. Also some states are not consumer friendly and might not have the same protections as California. Things like changing the fuel pump are much more difficulty and expensive and more to go wrong. Hence...no SULEV. If you have SULEV you should check your state's SULEV warranty before you spend money on SULEV related systems.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2019, 07:21 AM   #10
scoobyted
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
More difficult to work on and expensive parts. BMW had to give longer warranty for SULEV emission system but still know of people who spent a lot of money on repairs at dealer where the dealer didn't know or care to submit it as warranty claim. Also some states are not consumer friendly and might not have the same protections as California. Things like changing the fuel pump are much more difficulty and expensive and more to go wrong. Hence...no SULEV. If you have SULEV you should check your state's SULEV warranty before you spend money on SULEV related systems.
Exactly.

The dealers in my area are notorious for denying warranty work. My car had bad coils ( known issue ) and was 30 miles out of warranty. Wouldn't touch it.

The fuel pump replacement parts cost over 6K and requres apx 20 hours of labor on the SULEV cars. Unless there is a swap I am unaware of?
Appreciate 1
nachob2307.00
      01-15-2019, 11:39 AM   #11
tehrui
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Quote:
I had to educate my dealer on what SULEV covers but was able to get a fuel pump covered under warranty. Knowledge is power. Shouldn't let the ignorance of others influence your decision to purchase a SULEV vehicle. If your in a state that is covered and its within the 10 years I'd see it as a positive factor when purchasing.

Good luck with your search!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #12
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehrui View Post
Quote:
I had to educate my dealer on what SULEV covers but was able to get a fuel pump covered under warranty. Knowledge is power. Shouldn't let the ignorance of others influence your decision to purchase a SULEV vehicle. If your in a state that is covered and its within the 10 years I'd see it as a positive factor when purchasing.

Good luck with your search!
If the car was brand new this would make sense but most are at least 5 years old now. A 2008 and 2009 is, or will shortly be past the 10 year warranty. So while SULEV is probably ok it would still be preferable to many in the used market to look for non SULEV.

With that said the dealers are ignorant of many cars not just SULEV and learning about your car is really important. It is a lot cheaper and more profitable for a dealer to charge you than research and submit a claim. I remember explaining to dealers that the 1M took LT-5 gear and the service guys just blowing me off. Yeah yeah. Whatever we know better. Some 1Ms were filled with the wrong fluid that had to be drained immediately and warranties extended. It's maddening how uninformed they are especially with oddball things like 1M or SULEV cars.

So learn about your car and don't let the dealer blow you off. When I took my 1M in I told the service guy 1M takes LT5. He just wrote me up. I put big sign on steering wheel that said. Achtung. Only LT5. The tech gets 2 liters of LT3 and only after seeing my sign does he go ask what LT5 is. Then they call me to tell me they don't have it and special order. Despite all my warnings and requests they were going to put LT3.

So knowledge is power. I agree there.
Appreciate 0