BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Pete H
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Paint is flaking off my wheels

The paint on the inner of one of my front wheels is flaking off. Not just a little bit either, but in great big 6 inch long strips. The really weird thing is both the silver coat and the under coat are coming off together revealing another coat of silver underneath !
Obviously they have been repainted but the wheels are un touched from when the car was delivered. They have never been refurbished.
My dealer doesn't believe me, and won't address it under warranty. Is it possible that the wheels were refinished by BMW prior to the cars delivery?
Think I'm on a loser with the dealer here, but anyone seen this before or able to offer any advice?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
jan9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete H View Post
The paint on the inner of one of my front wheels is flaking off. Not just a little bit either, but in great big 6 inch long strips. The really weird thing is both the silver coat and the under coat are coming off together revealing another coat of silver underneath !
Obviously they have been repainted but the wheels are un touched from when the car was delivered. They have never been refurbished.
My dealer doesn't believe me, and won't address it under warranty. Is it possible that the wheels were refinished by BMW prior to the cars delivery?
Think I'm on a loser with the dealer here, but anyone seen this before or able to offer any advice?

Thanks
That is annoying! I haven't had any flaking but only around a year after I picked up my new car did my friend point out a few bits where it looks like they've been touched up or refurbed. I didn't bother to go and complain as I guess I should have checked more thoroughly but it is poor that they give someone a new car with refurbed wheels! Hope you have some luck in sorting this out - try contacting BMW customer services and make a fuss or try another dealer. Surely they should have to prove that you refurbed them. Keep us posted!
Appreciate 0