BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
Si-M240i
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M240i LCI

error light question - HELP ?

Sorry about the double post...... I had some connection problems.....Moderator, please delete this one as the other has a reply

Since having the BMW performance upgrade fitted I have had concerns that I am leaking boost as it hisses and Dumps like a "Chav" car and feels slightly more asthmatic at higher rev's than I thought it would but good and strong on "part throttle" and low end grunt.

Well here’s the thing....... If I am doing 40MPH in 6th and floor it...I get hissing and then an error light come on showing the engine and a diagonal line through it (Orange). It has a message on the screen about reduced power and getting it to a dealer etc, but if I stop the engine and re start it the error goes away, performance returns to normal, until I do the above again.

When I originally said to BMW about the Hissing when they fitted the Performance kit, they said they couldn't "see" anything wrong, so it must be "normal".

Any ideas anyone ?????

I think they missed my "O" Ring out the Charge pipe.......I have the car booked in for Monday 1st March as they are fully booked till then

Last edited by Si-M240i; 02-23-2010 at 02:03 AM..
Appreciate 0