BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-15-2008, 11:37 PM   #1
jps
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 128i Coupe

CANADIAN 128i packageS: wheels/body appearance/xenons

1. I want the lowered (sports) suspension on the 128i you get with the sports package but I'm not sold on the 18's. (Both 18's on the 135i look better don't they?) I certainly don't want the 17's though. Anyway of getting around this wheel dilema?

2. Does the sports package only include the increase to 18's, sports seats, and sports suspension? Is there no body kit/body appearance differences?

3. Any way of getting xenons (don't care about the adaptive things) without ordering the full premium package at $2,700?

THANK YOU!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #2
Qube
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 540 :: 09 STi

1. I want the lowered (sports) suspension on the 128i you get with the sports package but I'm not sold on the 18's. (Both 18's on the 135i look better don't they?) I certainly don't want the 17's though. Anyway of getting around this wheel dilema?

- It's not that bad. It grows on you. The ONLY problem is they are a pain to clean. I now have a dedicated pair of towels only for wheels. If you want, get 17s and use them as makeshift snows. The problem is if you try and fit your own wheels on there, you'll need lowering springs.

- Just keep the 18s. It seems to attract the right attention...

2. Does the sports package only include the increase to 18's, sports seats, and sports suspension? Is there no body kit/body appearance differences?

- None. Just like you said.

3. Any way of getting xenons (don't care about the adaptive things) without ordering the full premium package at $2,700?

- Yeah, get a vert Verts get xenons.

Attached Images

08-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #3
jps
Private
Canada
Rep

Those rims do look good in black; however, I want a white or grey exterior. I can't seem to find pics of these. Are any around?

Since I do not know exactly what is involved in a "sports suspension" besides the lowering, are you able to have the sports suspension done at a dealer (I understand I would be missing the sports seats)?

Any other ideas about my xenons question besides getting a vert? (I'd prefer a coupe)?

Thanks a lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Qube
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 540 :: 09 STi

I have some taupe pics I can grab.

No, you can't do sports at the dealer, though you can simply get springs and wheels. The sport seats you can't add as a dealer option. Not sure if they beef up the links or sways with the sports... I do not believe so.

Xenon is premium only on the 128 coupe.

If you're in TO, I can hook you up with my CA to see what deals he can ring you.

Taupe:

08-16-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
Mic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i Cashmere silver

Those 18'' are way nicer than the 135 one :thumbup:

08-19-2008, 09:22 PM   #6
jps
Private
Canada
Rep

I would love a hook up for a better deal. Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does a "CA" stand for. I'm assuming this is the salesman you bought from? I live in Etobicoke and have been looking/test driving at/from the Mississauga dealership.
THANK YOU
Appreciate 0