BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
tradervic417
Registered
Rep
Drives: m5

1M Coding- 2021 Version?

I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has recently "re-coded" their 1M?

I have most of the codes after sifting through the forum, just not the method/ software. Is there a video on Youtube?

I went through some of the older posts, and found there was a very knowledgeable guy out of Germany. All emails to him have been unanswered. Also, many of the links in previous posts are now dead/ expired.

I also have purchased the OBD connector ) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ), but need the software to run off my laptop.

Could anyone help me out? BTW, I bought TornadoM's car.

Thanks, in advance. Bill.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2021, 03:29 PM   #2
iDontRemember
Ding Dong!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I’ve gone the lazy man’s route; I use Bimmergeeks Protool. Does the minor coding I need it to do and also does duty as a scan tool and a gauge pack. A lot more convenient than a laptop IMO. No complaints.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 01:57 AM   #3
Boost3d_1M
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 1M

agree with the above sentiment, my first n54 i went down the whole inpa/ncs expert route, 2nd time around with the 1M, I just paid a guy to code the car using his carly App. If it wasnt for Carly's silly annual license fee, i wouldve told you to just get that
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
UberWagon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Bimmercode is a one time purchase and similar to Carly. I use it on my 1M for door chime type stuff and battery replacement. If you want to do things like Euro MDM, etc. you still NCS Expert I believe.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2021, 09:00 PM   #5
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberWagon View Post
Bimmercode is a one time purchase and similar to Carly. I use it on my 1M for door chime type stuff and battery replacement. If you want to do things like Euro MDM, etc. you still NCS Expert I believe.
+1

https://www.bimmergeeks.net/downloads
Appreciate 0