BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #45
alvitdk
First Lieutenant
alvitdk's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 13' Nissan 370Z
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY/TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
@alvitdk: Assuming you wanted to run the CCFL Halos regardless of whether the lights were on or off, which ignition source might be used?
I connected it to the daylight running light and coded the DRL to be on all the time, thats the only possibility short of a relay from the cars ignition.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
13' Nissan 370Z, Pearl White, Sport suspension...no mods YET
Also Drive: 13' Mazda CX-5
Also Ride: 11' Triumph Speedmaster, 73' Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #46
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
DrGadget's Avatar
Australia
37
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
I connected it to the daylight running light and coded the DRL to be on all the time, thats the only possibility short of a relay from the cars ignition.
The only problem with that, of course, is that the headlights + parking lights (as we call them) are on all the time. I wouldn't mind this solution, if only the parking lights were on (not headlights), as they too are a LEDs.

Thank you.
__________________
Current: Alpine White M140i F20 LCI-2, 250kW/335hp, 2018.
Sold: Melbourne Red 340i F30 LCI Luxury Line MMPK - 265kW/355hp, 2016.
Sold: Alpine White 123d e82, 2010, 150kW/204hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #47
alvitdk
First Lieutenant
alvitdk's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 13' Nissan 370Z
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY/TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
The only problem with that, of course, is that the headlights + parking lights (as we call them) are on all the time. I wouldn't mind this solution, if only the parking lights were on (not headlights), as they too are a LEDs.

Thank you.
True, my headlights are not functioning as DRL though. I have to see what I did in the coding, but I cut a wire and connected it to the LEDs instead, which are now functioning as DRL and are on all the time.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
13' Nissan 370Z, Pearl White, Sport suspension...no mods YET
Also Drive: 13' Mazda CX-5
Also Ride: 11' Triumph Speedmaster, 73' Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #48
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
DrGadget's Avatar
Australia
37
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
True, my headlights are not functioning as DRL though. I have to see what I did in the coding, but I cut a wire and connected it to the LEDs instead, which are now functioning as DRL and are on all the time.
That's exactly what I want to do. If you can think of which wire you cut, that would be good. Certainly simpler than running a wire from the cigarette lighter in the fuse box. It didn't occur to me that a separate wire would be involved for DRL. I thought that was just in the CANBUS system coding.
__________________
Current: Alpine White M140i F20 LCI-2, 250kW/335hp, 2018.
Sold: Melbourne Red 340i F30 LCI Luxury Line MMPK - 265kW/355hp, 2016.
Sold: Alpine White 123d e82, 2010, 150kW/204hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #49
alvitdk
First Lieutenant
alvitdk's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 13' Nissan 370Z
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY/TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
That's exactly what I want to do. If you can think of which wire you cut, that would be good. Certainly simpler than running a wire from the cigarette lighter in the fuse box. It didn't occur to me that a separate wire would be involved for DRL. I thought that was just in the CANBUS system coding.
I am traveling right now through Asia, but will be back home by next Sunday and take a look.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
13' Nissan 370Z, Pearl White, Sport suspension...no mods YET
Also Drive: 13' Mazda CX-5
Also Ride: 11' Triumph Speedmaster, 73' Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 05:40 PM   #50
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
DrGadget's Avatar
Australia
37
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
I am traveling right now through Asia, but will be back home by next Sunday and take a look.
Much appreciated. Enjoy the trip! I am just back from Europe and brought back goodies. I guess you will too.
__________________
Current: Alpine White M140i F20 LCI-2, 250kW/335hp, 2018.
Sold: Melbourne Red 340i F30 LCI Luxury Line MMPK - 265kW/355hp, 2016.
Sold: Alpine White 123d e82, 2010, 150kW/204hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #51
alvitdk
First Lieutenant
alvitdk's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
337
Posts

Drives: 13' Nissan 370Z
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NY/TX

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGadget View Post
Much appreciated. Enjoy the trip! I am just back from Europe and brought back goodies. I guess you will too.
No problem, actually it's one of my 4 times/Year trip to Asia, not much to bring back anymore

If you do your own coding, I can also send you a copy of my modules if it helps. I never wrote down exactly what lines I changed and don't remember all, but it might help you to see what was changed.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------
13' Nissan 370Z, Pearl White, Sport suspension...no mods YET
Also Drive: 13' Mazda CX-5
Also Ride: 11' Triumph Speedmaster, 73' Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #52
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
DrGadget's Avatar
Australia
37
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvitdk View Post
No problem, actually it's one of my 4 times/Year trip to Asia, not much to bring back anymore

If you do your own coding, I can also send you a copy of my modules if it helps. I never wrote down exactly what lines I changed and don't remember all, but it might help you to see what was changed.
Sadly, I don't do my own coding. Wouldn't know where to start (and finish).
__________________
Current: Alpine White M140i F20 LCI-2, 250kW/335hp, 2018.
Sold: Melbourne Red 340i F30 LCI Luxury Line MMPK - 265kW/355hp, 2016.
Sold: Alpine White 123d e82, 2010, 150kW/204hp.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #53
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
DrGadget's Avatar
Australia
37
Rep
328
Posts

Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
@alvitdk: I finally had mine installed. No, they are not Spyder, as they do not make RHD projector headlights. See http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771322 They are made for Mars Performance of Melbourne ... in Taiwan.

Thanks for all your advice.
__________________
Current: Alpine White M140i F20 LCI-2, 250kW/335hp, 2018.
Sold: Melbourne Red 340i F30 LCI Luxury Line MMPK - 265kW/355hp, 2016.
Sold: Alpine White 123d e82, 2010, 150kW/204hp.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 01:53 AM   #54
Ashock
Private
Canada
4
Rep
55
Posts

Drives: E82 128i 6MT in Monaco Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Awesome job! Can you tell us where you mounted the ballasts for the HIDs? Did you need to use the mounting brackets and drill any holes for them?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #55
lnicks20
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW 128i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Oxford, Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Halo Headlights

I have owned my 2013 128i for almost a year now and would like to upgrade my headlights. I am looking for the halo design, but don't know where to start. Everywhere I look it seems like the fits only go up to 2011 or 2012.

What would be the best course of action to get halo headlights? Please include estimated costs and links with solutions if you can. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:00 AM   #56
nebrilon
New Member
2
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: E82
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: AL

iTrader: (0)

Try Spec-D. They have headlights with halo rings.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
angle eyes, eyebrow, headlight, spyder

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST