BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
WP1
Private
Rep
Drives: White BMW 135i Convertible

SES on DMTL Pump (just came from the dealer)

Hello,

As a new BMW owner, wanted to write this so it helps someone in the future.
The Service Engine Soon light came on Monday and since the last 3 days been searching this here, but no a solid answer as a SES light will have hundreds of error codes and can be many things.

One question: I have a 135i Conv with CPO and I had to pay a $50 deductible every time I take it to dealer for repair under warranty.
Do you pay this as well?

HERE IS WHAT THE DEALER TYPED:
41101 dmtl faultly. Connected battery charger and performed vehicle test. Found faults for dmtl in dme 2a15. No sibs. Performed test plan and tested the dmtl system. System test states there is a leak in system and to smoke stest system to find fault. Removed rear wheel, finder liner real underbody panel to access dmtl pump. Smoke tested system and removed rear seat panel to check lines to engine for leaks - none found. Replaced dmtl to check for internal faults and ran dmtl system test. System passed. Dmtl pump module is faultly R and I pomp and installed all components.
Cleared faults Diagcode: D1130_b0000000_24_305

Hope this helps anyone and if someone know more, please post links or pictures.

Here is a link that found today http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801811

The best thing is that it was fixed under warranty and only cost me $50 + my lunch
      04-25-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I never paid anything for recalls, free maintenance, or warranty repairs. I'm not sure I had any warranty repairs, however.

What you describe is good quality trouble shooting of the evaporation system. You're lucky they didn't just tell you to put the gas cap on right. I realize that is not the problem you had but is another way to get that code.