BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #23
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteA
Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
No money Pete! What are you trying to do to me?

It might be something I'll consider in the future but for the meantime I'll probably just get this kit installed first and see how it fares. Hopefully the Ti shims and F30 backing plates will help with keeping it a little cooler.
Could always pick up a piston upgrade kit from Harold IF you get any cracking on the piston rings (or maybe even do it now that they're not installed? I think they're about 150 bucks). I have Ti shims, CC's, performance rotors and F30 backing plates. I've not tracked yet, only some hardcore bedding procedures and the setup felt really great after the pounding
That's awesome. Sounds exactly like the setup I have haha. If you do track it, let me know how it goes.

I think as long as we can keep the temps down it should do well. Maybe if it still overheats some ducting will be in order.