BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
blueshark
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: "transportation" for now

iPod and USB adapter

Does anyone have experience with the iPod and USB Adapter, who could explain how well it functions with the iPhone? I have an iPhone 4, and would be looking to see phone contacts and playlists. Does it work well?

How does it differ from Smartphone integration? It looks like Smartphone integration is for cars equipped with iDrive, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 10:00 AM   #2
Xios135
First Lieutenant
Bouvet Island
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB CLA Edition 1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark View Post
Does anyone have experience with the iPod and USB Adapter, who could explain how well it functions with the iPhone? I have an iPhone 4, and would be looking to see phone contacts and playlists. Does it work well?

How does it differ from Smartphone integration? It looks like Smartphone integration is for cars equipped with iDrive, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.
I used it when I first got the car though not as much now that I hooked up my XM Sat. Worked well....you can view the song or artist name on the radio display though only one line at a time. After the phone is hooked up you can control the music functions from the radio or steering wheel. Not as easy to use or convienient as the system in my wife's Honda Pilot w/nav. All of the playlists, songs and info is shown on the nav screen. I'm sure it's the same if not better with iDrive integration.
      02-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #3
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
It works great with the iphone 4, threats it like any other ipod. You can even listen ti sirius via the app.
Appreciate 0