02-13-2021, 06:35 PM   #24
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiysersosae View Post
Ive had the original oem bmw performance seats in my first 1m and the quality is great.

I purchased the AMX seats and I have to say, I've had a few issues with them. Couldn't code them out, had to by a bypass module, stitching is not great and writing is not straight, the drivers seat squeaks so I need to pull them out and find the cause but I think it's the spring and if I was spending the money again I wouldn't buy them from AMX I would just buy online and have them locally upholstered.

Just get the quality checks done before you buy
Thanks for note, other members have had good success, but I will make sure about the following issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #25
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN1CORM View Post
I didn’t know there was a big city in Idaho someone give this guy a hug
Boise has been the fastest growing metro area in the US for the last couple of years, fueled by people getting out of all those expensive and unliveable big cities you may be thinking about.
      02-13-2021, 11:52 PM   #26
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Boise has been the fastest growing metro area in the US for the last couple of years, fueled by people getting out of all those expensive and unliveable big cities you may be thinking about.
yeah, I heard they have decent Pizza there too!

: )
Appreciate 2
PRTSB1M297.00
champignon1565.50
      04-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #27
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
My 2018 M2 (basic and with no options) is one of the two cars I drive year round but especially in the winter; the other is a 2018 VW Golf R. Both are manuals and neither has any options (not that VW offered any). The M2 is approaching 3 years of age and I bought it new (as I did with the VW).

When it comes time to ditch or trade in the M2, it will not be for another BMW. I might either simply sell it and not replace it, or if I replace it, I'll get something practical. It's fun to drive but not that much more fun to drive than the VW, which is an order of magnitude more practical, with its hatchback, 4 doors, and much greater carrying capacity in spite of the fact that it is smaller than the M2. In real world driving, the M2 does nothing better than the VW R, even though it is more luxurious.

My most common use scenario for these two cars is to drive them 155 miles, on mostly twisty mountain roads, in between my primary residence in the mountains, to get to my business residence in the big city. I do this 2-3 times a month, round trip, then put additional city mileage on the car while in the big city for several days to a week. When I go on these twice to three times monthly trips, I don't find myself oogling the M2 and wishing that I could use it on the upcoming trip. Rather, I alternate using the cars unless I need cargo capacity, in which case I take the VW. I'd probably be 5% less happy (not 10%) just having the VW and using it all the time. Not a ringing endorsement of my M2 :-)

Granted, I'm not speaking of a CS, although I doubt that the CS is enough better that it would make me think any differently about it. I don't track, so maybe that is worth mentioning.

There isn't a car in the current BMW range that would motivate me to drive 20 minutes to a dealership in order to test drive it. Oh well.
Well, the deed is done. I decided to get rid of my M2 after its most recent servicing on April 2nd, with 11 months of warranty remaining. On the plus side, I was very surprised by the value retained by the car, undoubtedly increased by the current shortage of used cars for sale, which has been written about in the press. I briefly tried to sell the car to a PP, but had no luck over the week or so that I had it listed. Boise, Idaho, isn't the best place to try to sell a car like this :-)

I received a trade-in value of $42K, and bought a less expensive vehicle (a Honda SUV) so actually got cash back on the deal. My M2 only had ~8K miles on it, which accounted in part for the high trade in value.

I didn't question or regret my decision to sell the car once after I made that decision, nor did I shed one tear as I left the Honda dealership in an SUV, seeing the M2 in the rear view mirror :-)

I'm taking my 1M in for its annual service in 5 minutes so I have to end here --

Last edited by champignon; 04-24-2021 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 2
atl_1M1520.00
ayao641.50