BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #23
ppDoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenxaday View Post
I used to have a VW gti 1.8t. THE APR chip was a beast! The thing i loved about it though, you can hide your chip so when you go into dealers the chip turns off and they never found out about it. so you warranty won't be voided.

Just wondering if this will do that too. I m worried that if i put this, i will lose my free service and the extras.
it's a piggy back system. u attach it to ur ecu via parallel port and u can remove it as easily too.

my question though is if u add their custom catback system would that void the warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #24
tenxaday
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiaBLoS View Post
it's a piggy back system. u attach it to ur ecu via parallel port and u can remove it as easily too.

my question though is if u add their custom catback system would that void the warranty.
I think it would void the warranty. Just because its a not BMW or dinan. i m not sure though.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 07:13 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

It's not a simple plug and play like the Turbo Tuner is, but it's only $600 and has some other disadvantages.

Also, just an FYI. Looks like BMW is catching on:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86013

The JuiceBox www.bmwjuice.com is probaby the best bang for the buck since they've posted 1/4 mile times simlar to PROceed, but it's not a plug and play either.
Vishnu is coming out with a PROceed "Dark" which seems like a PNP.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 07:15 AM   #26
BMWeber
Major
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
It's not a simple plug and play like the Turbo Tuner is, but it's only $600 and has some other disadvantages.

Also, just an FYI. Looks like BMW is catching on:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86013

The JuiceBox www.bmwjuice.com is probaby the best bang for the buck since they've posted 1/4 mile times simlar to PROceed, but it's not a plug and play either.
Vishnu is coming out with a PROceed "Dark" which seems like a PNP.
go over to the e90post and ask them what they think about the juicebox :smile:
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 10:32 AM   #27
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWeber View Post
go over to the e90post and ask them what they think about the juicebox :smile:
TerryBurger, Terry335, Terry(fillintheblankhere) the "creator" of juicebox is a total retard. I'm not talking about his product here when I say that, just go to e90post (from which he has been banned for months, only person I know of who's been banned) and look up Terryburger, then start reading through his posts. Don't take my word for it. Regarding his product, he just up's the boost without changing the a/f ratio. His claim is that the stock ecu automatically adjusts the a/f ratio within certain values/limits so you don't need to manually control fuel when upping boost to a certain point ala procede or xede. I won't buy his product because he's an idiot, and when an idiot (per his e90posts, go look at them) says something contrary to the fundamentals of tuning, I run the other direction!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #28
ichiban
Colonel
Rep

i'd have to agree about terry, there's even a sticky about him on e90post
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #29
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
i'd have to agree about terry, there's even a sticky about him on e90post
Certainly you must be kidding? You take e90 as an authority on anything? The mods over there have an obvious agenda of vendetta against Terry.

Please tell us you meant that tongue in cheek...

Please?

If not, you need to look at things a bit more objectively and not believe everything you read.

Could we please not bring this personal, venom spitting, bigoted, mean thread to this forum as well? Leave it over at e90 to fester where it belongs.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 01:17 AM   #30
ichiban
Colonel
Rep

eh, i guess. I guess i'm just biased towards shiv cause he's in my area.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 02:00 AM   #31
Stay a while and listen...
Rep
Drives: vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurichan View Post
you need to look at things a bit more objectively and not believe everything you read.
This should be stickied in every forum.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 11:13 AM   #32
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I guess you had to be there in the beginning..........terry was so damn annoying.......he was like a fly on AA and vishnu's shit for months and months....and months.......contaminating every god damn thread over and over and over and over........
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #33
kurichan
Mr. Happy
Rep
Drives:

Regardless of who is at fault, let's just not let the ugliness spill over to this forum, please, please, please...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 07:47 PM   #34
Garrett
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2004 330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinazzurro View Post
I will never give Shiv a dime, because based on his track record, he may turn his back on this platform as soon as the next thing comes around the corner.

Sorry Shiv, but that's the reputation you have, and that's the way I've seen it.

??
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 07:50 PM   #35
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinazzurro View Post
I think part of it is that he got started with Subarus... and it's Subarus that put him on the map. So by all rights, he owes the Subaru community as much as they own him.
:iono:

So it even.. they owe him nothing and he owe's them nothing, right?

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #36
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
TerryBurger, Terry335, Terry(fillintheblankhere) the "creator" of juicebox is a total retard. I'm not talking about his product here when I say that, just go to e90post (from which he has been banned for months, only person I know of who's been banned) and look up Terryburger, then start reading through his posts. Don't take my word for it. Regarding his product, he just up's the boost without changing the a/f ratio. His claim is that the stock ecu automatically adjusts the a/f ratio within certain values/limits so you don't need to manually control fuel when upping boost to a certain point ala procede or xede. I won't buy his product because he's an idiot, and when an idiot (per his e90posts, go look at them) says something contrary to the fundamentals of tuning, I run the other direction!
+10

LOL.. yeah he was selling the turbo tuner for $50 bucks on e-bay, then decided to house it in a "professional" plastic box instead of having wires all over the place and he upped the price $450 bucks.

Any retard can make a turbo tuner for about $30 bucks if you just looking for an overbooster.

Btw, we are not capping on Terry (turbo tuner, ie Terry Tuner!)for what we've read. I've conversed with him on several occasions, argued many debates and simple realized he is a toolbag!

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #37
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
Regarding his product, he just up's the boost without changing the a/f ratio. His claim is that the stock ecu automatically adjusts the a/f ratio within certain values/limits so you don't need to manually control fuel when upping boost to a certain point ala procede or xede. I won't buy his product because he's an idiot, and when an idiot (per his e90posts, go look at them) says something contrary to the fundamentals of tuning, I run the other direction!
You're misinformed. Stage 1 ups the boost, Stage 2 adjusts the boost and A/F ratio. So now that you know this, will you come running back?

In regards to this post history on E90post, I think he must have been contaminated from the general rudeness and lack of manners over at E90post. In addition to certain forum policy violations, he's also been accused of all sorts of ridiculous things, that I have simply not been able to see via his posting history.

For fairness, check his posts at bimmerfest too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
LOL.. yeah he was selling the turbo tuner for $50 bucks on e-bay, then decided to house it in a "professional" plastic box instead of having wires all over the place and he upped the price $450 bucks.
This is incorrect. Stage 1 - the least complex circuit and the one you are undoubtedly referring to as the passive device - costs $99.

The active device (Stage 2) costs $350.

Quote:
Any retard can make a turbo tuner for about $30 bucks if you just looking for an overbooster.
What a bargain then, most retards cannot even spell their own names, but they can whip up a turbo tuner... will wonders never cease.

(BTW, Turbo Tuner I think is Split Second's product)

Quote:
I've conversed with him on several occasions, argued many debates and simple realized he is a toolbag
You seem to have had many debates over in this forum too, not all of them amiable. Yet I would not call you a toolbag in public (even if you were one). I have noticed how much easier it is for people to argue rudely on the Internet, without eye-to-eye contact or the worry of physical repercussions. :smile:

I have spoken to Terry on several occasions and exchanged emails and he has been nothing but polite, curteous, informative and pleasant. I guess maybe it may be true that you get exactly what you give?

Can we please retain a higher degree of maturity on this forum? Can we argue about any aspect of the cars without calling names?

In the interest of disclosure, I've been running the Juice Box Stage 1 since August and have nothing but words of praise to say about it. Despite what some people may think, it seems to be doing an outstanding job, without any hiccups/engine lights or assorted problems. I welcome anybody in the DC area to come and test-drive my car, to see for themselves what it does and doesn't do. Less talking, more action.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 02:35 PM   #38
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
I think 360whp and 400+ wtq is possible if i get a custom tune with intake, tbe, polished intake manifold.
Definitely possible, I've seen it right in front of me on the dyno. You may want to upgrade the tires from the stock 245 runflats with all this torque though... :smile:

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #39
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[quote=adc;22235]You're misinformed. Stage 1 ups the boost, Stage 2 adjusts the boost and A/F ratio. So now that you know this, will you come running back?

In regards to this post history on E90post, I think he must have been contaminated from the general rudeness and lack of manners over at E90post. In addition to certain forum policy violations, he's also been accused of all sorts of ridiculous things, that I have simply not been able to see via his posting history.

I'm glad to see he gained control of fuel. Anyone who read his stage 1 threads knows that he said controlling fuel wasn't needed. I guess that changed once he gained control of fuel? Nevertheless, his posts at terryburger are elementary and juvenile.

Fairness doesn't require checking posts on another forum, obviously he started out on e90post and changed his marketing strategy for bimmerfest:bs:. He still posted garbage daily for months on e90post. Why do you think everyone hates him over there? It's his fault and he's still paying for it. Plain and simple. I'm sure over time things will die down though, as the new n54 owners start outweighing the older ones.

As far as not filling this forum with garbage. I'm all for it. But in time.........with the oner pricepoint.........I bet it will be worse the the e90 forums.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #40
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Definitely possible, I've seen it right in front of me on the dyno. You may want to upgrade the tires from the stock 245 runflats with all this torque though... :smile:
And that brings up the $64K question, adc. How much rubber will we be able to get under the 1'er coupe? IIRC, euro 1'er hatch guys were maxing out with 235/265 if they had just the right offset on their aftermarket wheels. Will the coupe be the same, better, or worse? We just don't know yet, but I certainly hope there is more wiggle room than my E36 M3 had. 255/285 would sure be nice for track days, but I doubt that will happen.
      10-04-2007, 04:28 PM   #41
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo View Post
And that brings up the $64K question, adc. How much rubber will we be able to get under the 1'er coupe? IIRC, euro 1'er hatch guys were maxing out with 235/265 if they had just the right offset on their aftermarket wheels. Will the coupe be the same, better, or worse? We just don't know yet, but I certainly hope there is more wiggle room than my E36 M3 had. 255/285 would sure be nice for track days, but I doubt that will happen.
Probably similar to the hatch. After all, the 335 can do at most 245/275 without fender rolling, unless you go with mega-expensive custom wheels (like Dinan, etc.).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 06:07 PM   #42
Garrett
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
You're misinformed. Stage 1 ups the boost, Stage 2 adjusts the boost and A/F ratio. So now that you know this, will you come running back?

This is incorrect. Stage 1 - the least complex circuit and the one you are undoubtedly referring to as the passive device - costs $99.

The active device (Stage 2) costs $350.

What a bargain then, most retards cannot even spell their own names, but they can whip up a turbo tuner... will wonders never cease.

(BTW, Turbo Tuner I think is Split Second's product)

You seem to have had many debates over in this forum too, not all of them amiable. Yet I would not call you a toolbag in public (even if you were one). I have noticed how much easier it is for people to argue rudely on the Internet, without eye-to-eye contact or the worry of physical repercussions. :smile:

I have spoken to Terry on several occasions and exchanged emails and he has been nothing but polite, curteous, informative and pleasant. I guess maybe it may be true that you get exactly what you give?

Can we please retain a higher degree of maturity on this forum? Can we argue about any aspect of the cars without calling names?

In the interest of disclosure, I've been running the Juice Box Stage 1 since August and have nothing but words of praise to say about it. Despite what some people may think, it seems to be doing an outstanding job, without any hiccups/engine lights or assorted problems. I welcome anybody in the DC area to come and test-drive my car, to see for themselves what it does and doesn't do. Less talking, more action.

Dude,

I've followed Terry from the beginning. Through his post and his testing and his initial products. His device is pretty ingenius, but it's not all that remarkable or hard to make. ANd to tell you the truth I actually thought Terry brought "color" to the sometimes boring E90post boards. Yes, I think he got a bad wrap soemtimes, but it wasn't hard to character assasinate either... that was his own undoing.

Yes, he's done all the work for you, but the premis and backbone of his SSTT device can be seen here:

Here is the link to that post and a little DIY for those who want to spend the $12 bucks it requires to start. (clicky)

It's only slightly more sophisticaed than his first device, the original Terry Tuner.

As seen here (sold for $69 bucks on ebay from Terry):

Now, I am not knocking Terry and I am sure he has changed his attitude over the months, but the fact of the matter is that many people think the SSTT is more than what it is. It's nothing more than an overbooster. He has done all the work for you and it is an easy installation and plug & play. Thumbs up to terry for getting people to pay his price.

And thats fine, if thats what your looking for.

-Garrett
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #43
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Yes, he's done all the work for you, but the premis and backbone of his SSTT device
In the interest of providing accurate information:
- Split Second Turbo Tuner (SSTT) has nothing to do with Terry Burger. It's a separate product, that does similar things, but looks different and mounts directly in-line with the TMAP sensor.
- Terry's product was called initially, half in jest, Terry Tuner. Now it's known as JuiceBox, Stages 1 and 2.
- According to the manufacturer, Stage 1 (boost controller) is a simple passive device, not unlike the resistor network shown in these pics. But Stage 2 is an active device (using active electronic parts in addition to resistors) and probably looks very different inside.

Me, I don't care what it looks like. I'm running Stage 1 - the glorified resistor box - and I'm having a hoot. I like the simplicity of the thing, the fact that it won't break, require frequent SW uploads and the fact that I paid just $99 for it.

Did I overpay in comparison to the cost of the components? Absolutely, by some $90. When you buy a Procede, you overpay some $500-650 over the cost of the hardware. But it matters not one bit - in both cases, you are paying for the R&D effort (including the packaging effort).

(BTW, I almost bought the $69 eBay concoction but by then JB S1 was ready, and it looks a little more elegant).

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #44
Brandon26pdx
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

I'm glad I got tuning out of my system awhile back...
Appreciate 0