BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
dan99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 01' 330xi / 15' M235i

Looking at a Used 1M next Week, Is There anything to Look out For?

Are there any weak spots to look for when shopping for a used 1m aside from the price?

Thanks,

Dan
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Check this sticky thread for all known issues related to 1M or better, keep a print out with you while checking the car:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=760815

I had no issues with mine so far, not even a rattle, in general it is one of the most solid built BMWs with occasional issues reported.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #3
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

besides the usual buyer beware stuff on the car's history, With the last 7 VIN digits, in here, you might find some not so common but possibly valuable car history.

for example in MrMetak's 1M registry you can identify the first batch of special purpose cars: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CK2ohNYK

Good luck and be sure to post your story, impressions and pictures of any 1M purchase, a warm welcome is guaranteed!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

If you want to know how the 1M was configured upon leaving the BMW Leipzig production plant and its precise production date, type the last 7 characters of the VIN in the BMW VIN Decoder: http://www.bmwarchiv.de/vin/

By doing so, you know the car's age + what options were initially included/missing without even having seen the car up close.

For the rest, the usual caveat emptor.
      05-19-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Ba7raini
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Do look out for panel gaps, someone tried to sell me a 1M that I luckily found out was totalled and repaired.

Previous - Sepang Bronze E39 ///M5 sadly sold
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #6
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba7raini View Post
Do look out for panel gaps, someone tried to sell me a 1M that I luckily found out was totalled and repaired.
If that's the case, suggest to post the VIN in the registry thread so that others may know about it: 1Addicts BMW 1M Registry
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #7
Ba7raini
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

This was back in February and don't know if I still have it, all I can say is that it's an AW 1M in Dubai and the price was a bit too good for the mileage compared to the others. Will definitely post it up if I can find it.

Previous - Sepang Bronze E39 ///M5 sadly sold
Appreciate 0