BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #1
sixburgh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i 6 MT BMW PE

Windshield washer fluid not spraying

So I looked under the hood and I am full with ww fluid, but the cap when pulled up open has "suck back". Am I clogged up?
Maybe add a weep hole to the ww fluid cap?
I have 69,xxx miles and my 128i is 6 years old. Not even a hitch, this car rides and runs like a top.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

I'd say yes. Assuming you have a working pump (can you hear it?) Start by using fine wire to unclog the jets, then find the hose connection near the hood hinge (unsure if LHD have the tank and connection on the left side or if they left it on the right like RHD models). Disconnect the connection by flicking the quick release tab and pulling apart. Try not to lose the tab.

Get compressed air gun and blast the jet-side end. It should be the female end. Do not blast the male/tank side end as there is a risk you will fry a control unit - although some will tell you it's fine. You dont want to be the one who finds out the expensive way. Either way, it's up to you because blasting the tank side will bring temporary relief until the filter clogs up with the gunk you blasted off again. Blasting too much may fry control unit or blow the pump out of the tank which will leave you with a big leak, requiring the proper repair..

Proper repair is to punch out the plastic rivets on the door-side wheel arch liner on the washer tank side, then remove the 200 8mm and 10mm screws/nuts, pull back the liner and remove the tank. Hardest part of removing the tank is removing the fender blinker lamp which obstructs removal of the tank.

Clean tank with soapy water or bleach then thoroughly wash it out with water. Clean the filter or replace it. I prefer to apply some rubber grease or rubber friendly lube to the filter (inside and outside), fit the filter to the tank first. Then fit the pump and reassemble everything. You will need to replace the plastic rivets as you will never find the centres you punched out earlier.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2017, 04:22 AM   #3
JBT2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Follow this http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1327066
Appreciate 0