BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-22-2017, 01:21 PM   #1
GedByrne
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 320d 177BHP

2009 E88 118i - Performance Suggestions

Hello

Last year I bought a 2009 E88 118i with just 34k miles. From the get go the car lacked power. It simply has no low end power. Once you get up around 5k revs it does start to feel much better. I had switched from a 3 litre X5 so just put it down to that being a bigger more powerful (especially low end torque).

Since then i've been wondering what I can do to increase the performance.

I ran seafoam through the throttle body and can definitely tell the difference already. It idles smoother and quieter than ever. It seems to be a lot free'er revving too. I realise this will have made little impact to the acceleration in the grand scheme of things but it has flicked a switch for me.... I want a little more power!

What suggestions do people have out there? It seems that most mod chips and tuners out there don't stoop as low this car but there must be some!

I should also point out that apart from being lowered (prior to me buying) this car has only stock parts (as far as I know).

Last edited by GedByrne; 02-22-2017 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 0