BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-15-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
BMWWorld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Suspension upgrade options

Hey guys.
I have a 2008 135i with M-Sport suspension. And for a while now I've been searching for information about a track suspension upgrade for my car. From what I've seen people recommend any track shock & lowering spring setup, over a BC or ST coilovers. Obviously a full on track coilover kit like a KW V3 or clubsport would be the ideal setup. But for now I'm just looking for a budget setup, taking into consideration that the car is my daily & I don't want a hard ride since the roads where I live are pretty bad/bumpy.

I have a set of H&R super sport springs laying around & was thinking of buying some shocks (Koni Yellow or Bilstein B8). But for the money I wanted to know if I should go for a set of BC coilovers (or something similar), since I may have some adjustment options with the coils. Maybe if it's really worth the money I may consider a KW v1 or something similar. But I would like to stay within a budget of $1,000 usd more or less.

What do you guys recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #2
suspenceful
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i

I am in a similar situation, but with a bigger budget. I asked for feedback from thousands of E8X and E9X enthusiasts on my Instagram and got a lot of people recommending these BC Racing coilovers. I said I would spend up to $3,000 and the only higher recommendations I got were for Ohlins Road and Track coilovers and KW coilover kits. But at $1,000, I was told that BC Racing was the best choice hands down.
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
wantmymoneyincash
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

I've been hearing a mixed bag on the BC coilovers, some have knocking issues, some are smooth as butter. I've been considering koni/swifts or the ST XTA.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful View Post
I am in a similar situation, but with a bigger budget. I asked for feedback from thousands of E8X and E9X enthusiasts on my Instagram and got a lot of people recommending these BC Racing coilovers. I said I would spend up to $3,000 and the only higher recommendations I got were for Ohlins Road and Track coilovers and KW coilover kits. But at $1,000, I was told that BC Racing was the best choice hands down.
You get what you paid for. BC is not bad for the price but the quality isn't there all the time(had kits that clunk after a few thousand miles because the damper lock ring came loose). Ohlins BMW Mi00(older kit) is a very good bang for your money right now.
Appreciate 0