BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #23
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 27 BMWs...and counting

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexxv View Post
I am doing the same job soon... what are those 2 small washers for? I did not see I needed them
Those are o-rings for the two oil cooler lines that go into the bottom side of the coolant heat exchanger which is attached to the front of the oil filter housing. Most people wouldn't bother changing them, but I can't do that. Also, a lot of guys won't even disconnect those lines when doing the job in the first place, so if that's your plan, don't worry about these o-rings.

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=17_0375
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 11:39 AM   #24
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
Great thread, love the car and the work! We chatted back and forth about the green E91 you had for sale a few years ago.
Yea I miss that E91! The guy I sold it to put the E9x winter wheels (Style 270M) on it, and I was so jealous as that's what I wanted to do.

Here's my garage if anyone is curious on my BMW ownership! https://www.1addicts.com/forums/bpga...rage&id=147119
Appreciate 1
E91WAG3N1246.50
      04-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #25
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got the oil filter housing, oil cooler adapter, and new aluminum coolant bung installed last night, and the intake manifold bolted back down.

Hoping to get the rest of air, oil, and coolant lines re-installed this weekend, and then I can start the oil priming process as well as the electronic coolant bleeding process. That would get me the car running again so I can pull it down the driveway and clean the rest of the motor off, before re-installing the fan and final duct work. Then a test drive and wash!

Appreciate 1
Upgrade+129.50
      04-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #26
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Spent 10 hours today working on the car. I degreased and cleaned up all the pipes and undertrays that I had taken off, and spent 30 minutes alone cleaning up the intercooler (it's amazing how much dirt and debris those things absorb.

Decided to go ahead and install the aftermarket aluminum charge pipe during the course of putting everything back together.

Primed the oil cooler lines (that got a little messy!), replaced their O-rings. Then, with all the sensors connected, but the intake plumbing not installed, I pulled all 6 injector wires and 'started' the car 3 times- 10 seconds each run, with 2 minute starter motor cool down in-between. Then I ran the coolant bleed process with new BMW 50/50 coolant (damn, at least something was easy for once!). Installed the new air filter (the original was almost new; I will include it as a spare with the car). New cabin filter is installed as well.

Scary moment of truth, started right up with the new oil & filter, coolant, plugs, coils, belt, tensioners, pullies and charge pipe. No leaks and oil level at max.

Tomorrow I will get the car down off the lift and clean the rest of the engine before buttoning up the belly pans and washing the outside of the car.

Somebody better buy this thing before I end up keeping it. I just hope I don't have to do this job on my other N55 anytime soon (2017 X4 M40i).
Appreciate 1
Upgrade+129.50
      04-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #27
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
P.s. I just completed the service work on the car, after 3 weekends straight of wrenching and cleaning.

To recap what was installed/repaired since this for sale post was started:

New spark plugs
New coils
New belt
New tensioner
New pullies
New air filter
New coolant
New oil and filter
New cabin filter
New oil filter housing gasket
New oil cooler adapter gasket
New oil cooler line o-rings
New aluminum aftermarket coolant hose bung
New aluminum aftermarket charge pipe
Cleaned up motor and undertrays which were soiled by the OFHG leak
Bled coolant
Primed oil system
Test drove car
Washed car, vacuumed

I have not performed the walnut shell blasting, DCT fluid/filter change, nor the differential oil change, but will include them with the car if interested.

More pics and some videos coming by request.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 04:47 PM   #28
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Finally got the car back under its own power and ready for final engine cleaning:

Quick vacuum job and some more interior pics:

Three angles of the ding on the driver's front fender:

Car washed up and back in the garage:

Stock parts and accessories:

Appreciate 1
Upgrade+129.50
      04-26-2020, 12:50 PM   #29
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Sorry for the delays in posting the video to those who have requested it... Finally got a chance to put together the clips from last weekend.

Please note that I was taking it pretty easy on the pulls, as this was the first time I drove the car after all of the work. Additionally, at my age, I'm not one to 'launch' my cars so please don't the expect typical tire-roasting YouTube 'car abuse' you often see. I've got some mild rolling pulls, a morning cold start, and a couple of walk around shots. Hope they help capture the aspects of the car that my words and photos have left out. Enjoy, and please keep the questions and offers coming.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 09:44 PM   #30
johnnybravo23
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by swunder View Post
I like my Le Mans Blue but I would trade it for Marrakesh in one ****in second.

Amazing car, GLWS.
How about I buy this one and then ill trade you for the le mans blue? Lol
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 10:09 PM   #31
johnnybravo23
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

Thanks for your detailed thread about this beautiful car and your quarantine service project!

Unfortunately my 05 325i just pooped out on me and have been looking for a replacement vehicle. I have spent the last few weeks stuck at home scouring the internet for a replacement vehicle. At first I was tempted by a z3 or z4 but have been swayed by the 135i. This is a gem of a car and if still available I would love to make you an offer! Can you please pm me? Thanks again!
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #32
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo23 View Post
Thanks for your detailed thread about this beautiful car and your quarantine service project!

Unfortunately my 05 325i just pooped out on me and have been looking for a replacement vehicle. I have spent the last few weeks stuck at home scouring the internet for a replacement vehicle. At first I was tempted by a z3 or z4 but have been swayed by the 135i. This is a gem of a car and if still available I would love to make you an offer! Can you please pm me? Thanks again!
PM Sent!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #33
triggergt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M package

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #34
fdravecky1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

TriggerGT is my uncle and sent a PM for me before i had the account. I was wondering if your car is still available. No matter the outcome this is a fantastic car, with a very well detailed thread.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #35
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdravecky1 View Post
TriggerGT is my uncle and sent a PM for me before i had the account. I was wondering if your car is still available. No matter the outcome this is a fantastic car, with a very well detailed thread.
Hi there thanks for the nice words!

I'm actually expecting a deposit on the car today, and if so, I will be marking the car sold pending funds by this evening. If things don't work out for some reason, I will let you know ASAP.

Thank you for your interest!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 09:17 AM   #36
fdravecky1
United_States
Rep

Sounds great and no matter what i know this is going to work out for you. My hope is that it works out for me as well.. Have a great day
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #37
fdravecky1
United_States
Rep

Just following up.did the sale move forward
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #38
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdravecky1 View Post
Just following up.did the sale move forward
Hello friend, if for whatever reason the deal does not go through, I will let you know immediately! Thank you again for your interest! I sent you and your uncle a PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #39
Chamberlin
Green Beemers
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Car is now sold and on its way to the east coast, going to a loving home and great guy-

Thanks everyone for your nice comments and interest. For the next couple guys who were in line, I'm sorry we couldn't do business...
Appreciate 0