BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Anyone tried RE-11's on a 1M?

I know the popular route for replacing 1M tires is PSS, but I was thinking about Bridgestone RE-11. Has anyone gone this route yet? I've seen some murmurs on here about people considering them, but not sure if anyone has pulled the trigger.

They offer factory size as well as 255/35-19 and 285/35-19. I expect the 255/35's to rub at lock on the front fender liners, but I'm not too concerned about that. How about the rears? 285/35 is 0.6" taller than factory as well as a little wider. Anyone foresee an issue in the rear? I think the slam dunk would be if they had offered 285/30 for the rear...oh well.

My suspension is bone stock. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

I already had rubbing with stock wheels on full lock at certain incline.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
bklounge
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtslacker View Post
I know the popular route for replacing 1M tires is PSS, but I was thinking about Bridgestone RE-11. Has anyone gone this route yet? I've seen some murmurs on here about people considering them, but not sure if anyone has pulled the trigger.

They offer factory size as well as 255/35-19 and 285/35-19. I expect the 255/35's to rub at lock on the front fender liners, but I'm not too concerned about that. How about the rears? 285/35 is 0.6" taller than factory as well as a little wider. Anyone foresee an issue in the rear? I think the slam dunk would be if they had offered 285/30 for the rear...oh well.

My suspension is bone stock. Any thoughts? Thanks.
With stock rims you'll be fine in the rear. You won't rub.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
gtslacker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Thanks for the input. If the rear will fit ok, I'll most likely go with that setup. It may be some time (depends on how many autox's I go to in the coming months), but I'll put up some pictures and give some feedback on the setup when I do pull the trigger.

My stock fronts don't rub, but they are very, very close at full lock. So that's only when making tight maneuvers in parking lots and things of that sort at very low speed. I pushed on the fender liners with my hand a little and they easily move 1/2" or so. I think I can live with the rub from the 255/35 in the front since it will be at low speed and won't do any real damage...unless I'm doing some mad drifting lol. It'll just scar up the fender liners I think. I'm thinking others are using 255/35 (prob just not in RE-11)...maybe someone will chime in.
Appreciate 0