BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-31-2022, 11:47 PM   #1
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Relocating vacuum tanks

I was looking to make room and mount something in the engine bay. The vacuum tanks use and are near several mounting points; but where to move them

I had been looking at relocated inlets, but ultimately decided against them, and noticed that Turner offers a kit for just relocating the tanks.

Install instructions are buried in their relocated inlets write-up.

I didn't want to add much mess around the manifold, so was searching for the best way to route the vacuum hoses and came across the setup for S63B44 (X5/X6 M). I reworked Turner's diagrams with paint to show how I plan to tee off the lines before they go over the valve cover, and simply cap the other end of the tank. Should be fairly stealth, just waiting for the rest of the vacuum lines to come in for PoC. Has anyone else tried this?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 09:55 AM   #2
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Why run them at all?

I get the "engineered from BMW that way" stuff, and had no problems with the vac canisters, but then again, lots of folks including myself are running without them for whatever reason and doing just fine....

For me, I snapped one of the line fittings when replacing my coolant tank, and after some searching around found a surprisingly l o n g list of folks who ditched em instead of relocating or replacing.
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2022, 12:40 PM   #3
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Why run them at all?

I get the "engineered from BMW that way" stuff, and had no problems with the vac canisters, but then again, lots of folks including myself are running without them for whatever reason and doing just fine....

For me, I snapped one of the line fittings when replacing my coolant tank, and after some searching around found a surprisingly l o n g list of folks who ditched em instead of relocating or replacing.
Does your car have the vacuum line running to muffler for actuating the baffle? The line folks disconnect for golf-tee mod?

I’m only keeping them, because of 1M snobbery and trying to hook up the Akra exhaust baffle (uses same solenoid) and see if I can get the M button to open and close it instead of the bluetooth remote they provide.
Appreciate 1
Paco1M101.50