BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #67
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I'd chase down the dealer who said BMW lost your production number due to a glitch. Sounds highly unlikely for such a thing to happen especially if the production number made it to 105. Every major company backs up their data at minimum on a 24 hour basis.
thats exactly what ill be doing tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:23 PM   #68
silvs
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M VO

I had a BMW dealership just give away my slot to a local buyer. Obviously I wasn't as close to taking delivery though.

Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:44 PM   #69
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
Talked to my lawyer. The purchase order/deposit leaves a bunch of loopholes for both the buyer and seller. Just like you could back out so can they.

But there are some things we're trying to do. but who knows honestly. This really ruined my month... I was very excited after seeing my friend VO last night to get this car tomorrow.

I was afraid of this when I first started reading through your posts. I'm sorry this happened to you. Dealers/owners can be snakes, but this is a little over the top. Hopefully you'll find a silver lining of hope through all of this.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:52 PM   #70
ZCP M3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M Coupe #759

This crap honestly scares me. Part of the reason I'm doing PCD. It gets a third party involved with your car and your name and keeps the car out of site of greedy owners.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:21 AM   #71
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

really sorry to hear this hasan, I've been following this whole buying the 1m process from beginning and have read many members disappointment, but yours is the most dirtiest of them all, by an owner much less.

I just want to say that binding contract or not, you initiate a purchase for a vehicle by putting down a deposit and was given a production number in which it was produce...
the problem here is that clearly some here don't understand IS...this is a one yr/limited production vehicle that he have waited months and months for and by taking it away from him at this late in the game where there is no more allocation...is to me a base for a lawsuit.....if it were any other car...there wouldn't be a thread like this, in fact there wouldn't be any situation like this with any other car.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #72
FIRSTM
Buck Sgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCP M3 View Post
This crap honestly scares me. Part of the reason I'm doing PCD. It gets a third party involved with your car and your name and keeps the car out of site of greedy owners.
I turn down my PCD delivery which is first week of Nov, the date given wasn't favorable to me, was told that the vehicle should arrive at the dealer end of OCT, hope I didn't regret turning down PCD delivery.

honestly, I believe this dealer have better class than that stupid ass dealer Hasan have to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #73
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
I'd chase down the dealer who said BMW lost your production number due to a glitch. Sounds highly unlikely for such a thing to happen especially if the production number made it to 105. Every major company backs up their data at minimum on a 24 hour basis.
There was a glitch, it was nationwide. BMW accidentally put a bunch of allocations in that did not exist and quickly took them back. It was a mistake and the only reason consumers know about it is because some of the dealers called customers the moment they saw the allocations and hours later they were gone. Search here and you can find the actual emails from BMW describing the mistake.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #74
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

I'd be right there as soon as the dealer opened this morning demanding answers!! With a cup of coffee in one hand, and a lawyer in the other!!
      09-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #75
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i MT

Jeez, why doesn't the US have a normal car-ordering philosophy like anywhere else.
You sign, on paper, an order with description of what you buy as a buyer, and when it will be delivered by the seller.. If either the buyer or seller backs out of the order agreement, settlements have to be made.

How difficult is that ?

We don't even have to make any upfront payment or deposit.
And it seems in the US you have to, but from what I read here on the forum in fact your deposit ain't worth sh*t. Totally don't get that.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 08:13 AM   #76
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

All right, it's Saturday, 9:00am ET, I know the dealer is open. Go get your car and keep this thread updated!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #77
Carolinagirl
Southern Belle
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BSM 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
All right, it's Saturday, 9:00am ET, I know the dealer is open. Go get your car and keep this thread updated!
YES! We are all anxiously awaiting the news!!!!
      09-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #78
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

My extremely large deposit says non-refundable. Here's to the hope that I won't have any problems like this....
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #79
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
This truly sucks, but your recent posts led me to believe you weren't satisfied. You were already looking at vipers, lotus, etc, and planning your next vehicle purchase, when you haven't even taken delivery of the 1M. I hope the time you invest, regardless of direction, makes it worth your while. You'll ride off in something BADASS either way.

I feel bad for the extreme coaster you've been riding and the shady measures taken by the dealer. I hope it gets sorted in a way that satisfies you. I don't mean to come off as a downer, as I truly value the support you provide on this forum.
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 10:33 AM   #80
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

It's almost noon...something has to be known already...where the heck are you hasan?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 10:51 AM   #81
simple_simon
Private
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegirl View Post
My extremely large deposit says non-refundable. Here's to the hope that I won't have any problems like this....
Try reading post #48
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #82
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Well I'm calling my lawyer in a few minutes. These dicks don't know that I'm a vengeful dick myself. My lawyer won't even charge me for this since i give her so much business.
Pull the race card.
Without it you may not have much of a case.
Yeah, it's a low blow, immoral, unethical, bad for business, unthinkable... but not illegal.

In the US, consumer advocates groups (I'm not entirely sure which group) lobbied for a law that basically says a sale isn't final until the delivery papers are signed.
The good thing for the consumer: you deposit is, by law, refundable (despite what dealers tell you). You could order an avocado green car and when it gets here you walk around and decide you don't like it.. tough for the dealership. Guess why they won't order you weird colors, or if they do they will make you sign some release forms.
Well, that law cuts both ways.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #83
bigEC
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White 135i

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for all the support and help guys!

I just wanted to say that if everything doesn't work out than i hope i can still stalk your guy's cars and be on this forum! This is def. the best sub-forum of all of bimmerpost.

Any of the NY guys id love to meet up when i get a car. If this 1M doesn't work out i might either get the evora or the viper.
I am really sorry to hear this man, wish there was more us 1addicts could do for you. I am from NY, 2 hrs away from Long Island, in Rockland County, but i travel all the time for car shows/meets so whenever you get whatever car you end up with feel free to message me and we can arrange something! Best of luck and I really hope the car i get to see you with is a beautiful 1m...keep us posted!
AUTOcouture Motoring| 15-01 Pollitt Drive #6 | Fair Lawn, NJ 07410 | P: 201.666.3500 | ACMallday@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #84
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
Personally - I would show up with all your financing in place, with a copy of your contract, and demand to collect the car. If you have a contract, simply state that you are there to collect the car, and if they do not honor their contract, you will be immediately contact your lawyer. Even better, if you have a friend who is a lawyer, take him with you. If not, while you are at the dealership, simply say that you need to contact your lawyer and need to step away from the salesman's desk. Even better, if you have a lawyer friend, call him tonight so he is ready for the call, and can ask you to give your phone over to the sales manager, saying something to the fact that you - in good faith - executed a legal contract with them, paid a deposit, and are there to collect your goods and finalize payment. If they refuse to sell you the car, calmly state that on advice from your legal counsel, that they should not do anything with the car until the matter is settled legally, and they will be hearing from your lawyer.

Sorry you have to put up with this, but - if you have a legal contract - it binds and protects both parties!!!! Good Luck!!!
I ordered my car recently.
I just looked... it's not a contract. It's just an order form with all the specs of the car and the agreed upon price. They asked me to sign it at the bottom. That means I've reviewed and agree that the car will be ordered that way.
They never signed anything for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #85
tkbr0wn
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman S

What's the name of the dealer? How about the name of the CA? I can't think of a reason not to tell us who it is.

● 2015 Cayman S (Current), 2011 1M BSM #297 (Sold), 2008 135i (Sold) ●
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #86
buckeyegirl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe:) Jeep for Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbr0wn View Post
What's the name of the dealer? How about the name of the CA? I can't think of a reason not to tell us who it is.
The reason not to release the name is that if he releases the name, the dealership's reputation will then be damaged, thereby taking away some leverage that he has to get this car as promised.

I have to admit I'd like all the gory details too, but it really is in his best interest to try to get the car and then decide what to do.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #87
FCTrs4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3

That's a shitty move by the owner!!! I hope everything works out and you get your car... Keep us posted
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 11:25 AM   #88
Sy546
Captain
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E46 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
It's almost noon...something has to be known already...where the heck are you hasan?
Sorry had an important business meeting this morning at 9 am.

I just spoke to the dealer. The CA told me it doesn't look good and that i most likely won't get the car. He said he might be able to get me the '12 m3 coupe for $1k under invoice... i really don't like the m3 though

The Sales manager hung up when i called his extension so idk.
Appreciate 0