BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

12-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #1
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Best Angel Eyes I have tried... NOT LUX

Until now I have had LUX lights on my car and after having problems with both the product and the customer service I finally tried something different.

I installed the Dtec lights and they are not only brighter but appear to be superior in both quality of materials and craftsmanship. One example is the rubber ring/seal. On the LUX its just glued/siliconed to the heat sink in a few spots (mine is actually coming apart). On the Dtecs they fit into tabs and sit securely.

The lights came in a box. You can see from the side by side the quality of the two products. Also note that Dtecs which use Cree technology have twice as many LEDs versus the LUX. I installed them on one side and the difference in brightness is easily apparent. In person its even more obvious than in these pictures. I will also link a video which shows that the Dtecs do not have any flicker or pulse.

I have no warning/fault lights and havent had an issue with the adaptive headlights.

On top of all of that the Dtecs are actually cheaper in price. They actually cost LESS!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Papethova; 12-19-2013 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
Papethova
Banned
Rep

And my favorite pic.....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #4
J-Rod
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Nice review! I'll definitely check these out. My biggest concern is the adaptive headlight motor.
      12-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Thanks for sharing this information with us and doing a great review. It's really sad to hear how the "other" company handled your situation. I hope this helps everyone else make a better decision.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
Andrewcoja
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MSport

Do you have any pics the the xenons on?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
JYohay
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5

I just got the Dtec that do the color changing like the lux v4.
They are essentially the same as these but one bulb on each side is blue so it uses a combination to create all the different colors from white to blue. Very cool and $75 less than the lux v4
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #8
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I installed the Dtec lights and they are not only brighter but appear to be superior in both quality of materials and craftsmanship.

You can see from the side by side the quality of the two products. Also note that Dtecs which use Cree technology have twice as many LEDs versus the LUX. I installed them on one side and the difference in brightness is easily apparent. In person its even more obvious than in these pictures. I will also link a video which shows that the Dtecs do not have any flicker or pulse.
I'm all for a fair comparison to help all users, but you're comparing a one year old version of the Lux's - the V3's - to these new Dtecs? How is that an apples to apples comparison?

And you don't disclose that in your post either, which is a bit misleading, as one would presume you're comparing two current competing products.

The V4's have two LED's per side, as can be seen from this pic, so these new Dtecs do NOT have double the LED's as a current LUX:

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 12:04 AM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Just to be fair, this is not a very accurate comparisons. The lux h8 v3 are our older version and were developed back in 2011, versus the brand new lights you have there. If you want a lux h8v4 to compare with is be more than happy to get you one. Technology that's almost 3 years old will of course be inferior to newer things, that's obvious.

Most of the lux h8 v3's and all the v4's also come in a professional box as well. the lights you purchased from us were one of the original ones before the boxes. As well we never were never in an envelope as you described. They have always been securely sealed in a cardboard box

Please let me know if you want to do a comparison.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #10
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

oghh again... There is no real good H8 leds they are all almost the same. Dont spend money trying all of them...

Just do real led rings
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #11
135iMsportCoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Msport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes
Just to be fair, this is not a very accurate comparisons. The lux h8 v3 are our older version and were developed back in 2011, versus the brand new lights you have there. If you want a lux h8v4 to compare with is be more than happy to get you one. Technology that's almost 3 years old will of course be inferior to newer things, that's obvious.

Most of the lux h8 v3's and all the v4's also come in a professional box as well. the lights you purchased from us were one of the original ones before the boxes. As well we never were never in an envelope as you described. They have always been securely sealed in a cardboard box

Hi. I have a 2010 135i with Xenons. I bought the Weisslicht product from Bimmian about a year ago and am very disappointed...the LED light barely reaches the outer rings and in daylight running, all you see are the inner rings. Do you have a better product?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

awesome shots and thanks for the awesome, dont worry gents, we are already working on something new with cooling fans , PM us for current updates. we put much QA/QC into this final DTEC angel eye (rejecting certain designs/redesigning some circuitry), we hope everyone is satisfied and happy!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Stohlen
Major
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [5.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by begge View Post
Hi. I have a 2010 135i with Xenons. I bought the Weisslicht product from Bimmian about a year ago and am very disappointed...the LED light barely reaches the outer rings and in daylight running, all you see are the inner rings. Do you have a better product?
See original post...
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
135iMsportCoupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Msport Coupe

Garage List
Help me out friend. I'm new in these parts. Have no idea where to find your original post. Save me before hell freezes over !
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 06:33 PM   #15
JYohay
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post

I'd be more than happy to compare the v4 vs the color changing I already have.
If you would like to send me 1 bulb I can do so.
I have an x5 and my buddy has a 135 we could test on both cars and send it back to you
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #16
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

By the way, I don't understand why you would buy the V7's, when there are V8's out there, which presumably are a more direct comparison of the V4's? They are adjustable colour like the LUX's. But they're $210, so pretty much the same price as the LUX's.

http://www.e92-lighting.com/bmw-ange...angel-eye-64w/
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 07:51 PM   #17
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
I'm all for a fair comparison to help all users, but you're comparing a one year old version of the Lux's - the V3's - to these new Dtecs? How is that an apples to apples comparison?

And you don't disclose that in your post either, which is a bit misleading, as one would presume you're comparing two current competing products.

The V4's have two LED's per side, as can be seen from this pic, so these new Dtecs do NOT have double the LED's as a current LUX:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxAngelEyes View Post

Since they are older LUX I compared an older Dtec (V7 vs V8). If I compared the new Dtec with adjustable temperature I expected replies like this complaining its not apples to apples.

I didnt even get into the LUX solder points or the fact that their wires arent shrink wrapped. Look at the pics and tell me one doesnt look to be constructed more professionally.

Plus none of that changes the fact that I received terrible service from them. Does it change that they offered me something and refused to deliver when they were supposed to? Does it change that they expected me to sell my old lights to purchase the new V4s? Does it change that they basically blew me off until they realized this was going to happen? How is it that after their competitor contacted me they started contacting me to correct the situation? Didnt seem to care when they thought I was just some customer that was gonna go away. The arrogant attitude didnt disappear until the shadow of this thread began to loom.

You are correct they werent initially sent in an envelope. That is my mistake and I retract my statement about the envelope. I apologize for that erroneous statement and I will correct my initial posting.

Quote:
By the way, I don't understand why you would buy the V7's, when there are V8's out there, which presumably are a more direct comparison of the V4's? They are adjustable colour like the LUX's. But they're $210, so pretty much the same price as the LUX's.
If I had compared the V8 Id get even more of the unfair comparison BS.

LUX didnt offer me a pair of V4s for comparison purposes. I dont expect them too since they insisted that replacing my lights was going to be a loss for them. If they couldnt replace lights I had PAID for then how could I expect them to provide me with lights to do a comparison??

Last edited by Papethova; 12-19-2013 at 07:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #18
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

I just said full disclosure would be nice. A thread started yesterday pointing out a one year old product isn't as bright as the V7's that are sold today is pointless IMO. You can't even buy the V3's right now. LOL.

Did you pay for your Dtec V7's or get them on loan to do a review on them? I ask, because if you were going to buy a pair, I don't understand why you wouldn't buy the latest version?

Your explanation (of how you bought the V7's on purpose so you could do a fair comparison to the LUX V3's - and didn't disclose that upfront?) doesn't make sense to me either, when most would have just bought whatever's the latest out there.

So your worry that people would complain you're comparing your new lights to LUX V3's drove your decision? Really?

Last edited by Lotus99; 12-19-2013 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #19
Chris.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 135i M-Sport

They still look mediocre. I agree with the poster a few above me...h8 are not the best solution.

All this drama over some mother truck in light bulbs lol
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #20
Rep
Drives:

To ALL SPONSORS:

You all know the rules we have against vendors discussing other companies, their products or their services. And if you don't, please re-review the sponsorship rules. Any such posts will be removed and/or infracted.

Our members are smart enough to do their own comparisons and draw their own conclusions.

Last edited by Moderator; 12-19-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #21
mechavore884
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the fat mobile

im sold lol..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
JYohay
Banned
Rep

Quote:

http://www.e92-lighting.com/bmw-ange...angel-eye-64w/
they are alot cheaper on ebay from e92 lighting.
i actually paid $160 off ebay just paypal.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:WNA:US:3160
honestly, in my opinion LUX's switch method vs Dtecs push button method. the push button it alot better.
its alot easier to push 1 button with the control box inside, and even read the LED pattern then it would be to fiddle with teeny switches .
e92 its not that big of a problem, but E90, and liek my x5 where the box would be positioned when plugged in isnt exactly easy to fiddle with 2 hands.

lux is a name brand....but thats all your paying for with the upcharge.
and in this case, their control design is inferior (in my opinion)
Lux told the OP theyd be happy to give them 1 bulb to do a comparison (with Dtec not even comparable model) but they havent responded to my post willing to do the same with the V8 color changing Dtec
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread