rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win
Quote:
Originally Posted by rad doc
Happened to me when car was about 1 year old. Dealer said it was a bad taillight gasket. Something to consider.
Happened to mine as well and I live in the desert. It damaged the comfort access module where ever that is, so my key fob wouldn't auto detect unless you put it in the car itself. The dealer said they found water and don't know why
Yep. Had to replace my comfort access module as well. Guess it is now officially a "known issue".
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2016, 01:40 PM   #25
kioneo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 2008 135i

Update on my issue...in addition to the gasket for the frame rails, I replaced my tail light gaskets. While I'm not 100% sure I was getting water in via those gaskets (I didn't see anything coming in when I did a water test), replacing them did make me realize just how worn mine were. They were quite compressed compared to the new ones. My old ones had 6 years on them.

I also spent some time realigning my trunk lid to close tighter on the trunk seal.

All in all, I'm trying to throw every solution at it because I don't want to deal with water in the trunk again. It could be a combination of leak areas, but I'm over it. Just want it to stay dry and stop replacing comfort access modules.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 05:32 PM   #26
CrisCrossAppleSauce
Private
Rep
Drives: 01 Z3 3.0i Coupe

So i found water in my 135i about 6inches, my RDC and comfort access modules were fried I'm out of warranty no, what would my best approach to fixing these be? Would just replacing them fix the issue or would all the connector cables have to be fixed
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 08:35 PM   #27
kioneo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisCrossAppleSauce View Post
So i found water in my 135i about 6inches, my RDC and comfort access modules were fried I'm out of warranty no, what would my best approach to fixing these be? Would just replacing them fix the issue or would all the connector cables have to be fixed
Assuming the connectors are good, the RDC is a direct swap in. No coding required.

PGS (comfort access) is a direct swap in IF the donor module comes from the same model and body style. Otherwise it MAY work, but really should be coded to be sure.

Check eBay or the for sale sections on this board. The good news is these are now pretty cheap compared to buying new modules as the supply of used modules is pretty good.
Appreciate 0