BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #45
fastauto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

If someone here is interested in the one at habberstad let me know and I will try to help out. I purchased mine from there and took delivery well over a month ago.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #46
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
There is too much "hype" for the car currently to tell. I think dealers are taking advantage to make as much money as possible. I would say just hold off until you find one or jump in line.
I guess maybe that's what I'm trying to see through. Scouring for information on these boards makes it seem like if you didn't get on a list three months ago, you're S.O.L. And with only ~800 1 Ms exprected to be produced for the US that may not be far off from reality.

But as of now, is it something like a little less than half of the cars earmarked for the US have been produced or slotted to be produced?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #47
PyratOne
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe (Not an M1!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
I guess maybe that's what I'm trying to see through. Scouring for information on these boards makes it seem like if you didn't get on a list three months ago, you're S.O.L. And with only ~800 1 Ms exprected to be produced for the US that may not be far off from reality.

But as of now, is it something like a little less than half of the cars earmarked for the US have been produced or slotted to be produced?

did you call the folks listed on the first page of this thread? If so, and you have updated info, it would be helpful if you let OP know.

Good luck with the search, it seems there are more allocations right now than anytime in last couple months, IMO.

Top Gear Magazine - Jason Barlow about the 1M
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #48
jpd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135

MSRP + or maybe not at all. Has anyone tried calling BMW NA to see if there are actual cars not spoken for.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #49
rusty racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB, 2011 R8 v10 spy

Talked to morristown. Here is the response. More greed!!!

Jonathan,
Yes, I have one in-stock and *available: Valencia Orange and Black with Premium Pkg, including Premium Sound.
Selling Price: $83,400.00.
Please call me if you're interested. Thank you for your interest in BMW of Morristown.
David Egan
BMW of Morristown
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 02:57 AM   #50
verysideways
Lateral grip estimator
Rep
Drives: i4, M2

Garage List
Does anyone know of any available UK cancelled orders or build slots or built cars sitting in dealers without buyers?
I just got the go ahead yesterday to buy one, and i get to keep my 130i too
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 09:45 AM   #51
njw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2 - LBB/6MT/Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty racer View Post

Please call me if you're interested.
Hoping this number is a typo...

Because that is absurd
      07-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #52
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by njw View Post
Hoping this number is a typo...

Because that is absurd
I laughed got my 1m at sticker !
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #53
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Once these cars sit the prices will come down... what happens when a dealers second allocation arrives and the first is still in the showroom? What happens when the next "IT" car is announced or released? Interest will wane, people want newer and better. Besides those willing to pay MSRP+ will already have theirs.

Its July, the car is just starting to hit the US. Give it time.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #54
JimBilly
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: waiting for the 1M

Allocation in RI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSM View Post
Added to list.
Thank you NSM for posting the info about the Inskip allocation

7) Inskip BMW of Warwick, RI - 1 Open Allocation available. Contact Rick Dumont. 401-821-1510 (NSM)

I was able to get that allocation yesterday, but I just sent an email to Rick to cancel my order. Rick Dumont was a great guy to work with and I feel sorry about having to cancel. All the uncertainty about allocations is a big headache for both customers and dealers.

Now that I cancelled my order, the allocation should be available once again. So give Rick a call.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #55
flzrider
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBilly View Post
Thank you NSM for posting the info about the Inskip allocation

7) Inskip BMW of Warwick, RI - 1 Open Allocation available. Contact Rick Dumont. 401-821-1510 (NSM)

I was able to get that allocation yesterday, but I just sent an email to Rick to cancel my order. Rick Dumont was a great guy to work with and I feel sorry about having to cancel. All the uncertainty about allocations is a big headache for both customers and dealers.

Now that I cancelled my order, the allocation should be available once again. So give Rick a call.

Jim
I just called them now and placed a deposit on the car!

Rick is out today so it seems like once your email canceling the allocation is confirmed, I will be taking your spot.

It's funny because I called yesterday directly after you and got the bad news that it was sold already.

Thanks for posting!

-Gio
      07-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #56
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

I'm so happy to see this thread is showing results
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #57
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
Yep. I know plenty of people willing to pay up to $10k over
For that kind of premium, I may sell mine. Send them over. Only 200 miles on VO. Prem Pack, Convenience pack, heated seats, BMW apps....etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #58
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
For that kind of premium, I may sell mine. Send them over. Only 200 miles on VO. Prem Pack, Convenience pack, heated seats, BMW apps....etc.
Not sure if you were kidding about that, but if not, it would be best to probably start another thread and keep this one for new cars. If folks want to try and sell their cars for profit, that's fine with me, but I think it should be separated from new car allocations.

Not trying to pick on you, please don't take offense. Just didn't want to see this thread turn into a used/new car mish-mash.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:29 PM   #59
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Talked to morristown. Here is the response. More greed!!!

Jonathan,
Yes, I have one in-stock and *available: Valencia Orange and Black with Premium Pkg, including Premium Sound.
Please call me if you're interested. Thank you for your interest in BMW of Morristown.
David Egan
BMW of Morristown
Reply to them:

"David,
Thank you for including an M3 in the 1M package.
However I'm not interested in the M3.
Please inform me upon the price of the 1M only that you got on offer.
Greetings,
Jonathan"
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #60
Lckyrocket
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jag XJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Reply to them:

"David,
Greetings,
Jonathan"
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 03:36 PM   #61
BimmerJim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Reply to them:

"David,
Greetings,
Jonathan"
Best post I've seen yet!! Someone should use it on the California dealer trying to get $40K over MSRP.

"M-the most powerful Letter in the World"!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #62
rusty racer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB, 2011 R8 v10 spy

I did respond to morristown asking them about their obvious typo but no luck they are serious. 30k over sticker.

"Jonathan,
I think I have to explain. The 1M Coupe is one of the hottest BMWs released to date. There is a real cache regarding this one. We are receiving offers well over sticker at this point. As for the $ value associated with this new model, all I can say is the market drives these deals nowadays.
Thanks for your interest in BMW of Morristown.
Regards,
David Egan"
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 07:40 PM   #63
desertfox73
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I did respond to morristown asking them about their obvious typo but no luck they are serious. 30k over sticker.

"Jonathan,
I think I have to explain. The 1M Coupe is one of the hottest BMWs released to date. There is a real cache regarding this one. We are receiving offers well over sticker at this point. As for the $ value associated with this new model, all I can say is the market drives these deals nowadays.
Thanks for your interest in BMW of Morristown.
Regards,
David Egan"
I think if they really thought "the market" was driving this, they'd put it on eBay and let people bid. So far the VO on eBay is holding at $50k - no doubt it will go up (2+ days left), but I think a lot of people are watching this to see what "the market" really will bear for this car. I seriously doubt it will come anywhere near $83k.

Of course, if they are avoiding eBay becase of the seller fees, then they will love the fact that Bimmerpost just gave them all the visibility they could want for free...thus improving the odds that they will sell the car for well over sticker. Just sayin'...

I've been reading a lot of these threads lately, and while I believe most dealers and salesmen are probably acting responsibly, I've seen enough bizarre things (high delivery miles, exorbitant PDI costs, ridiculous "market adjustment", and so on) to feel as though BMW dealers - whom I would expect to act with more class than the average car dealership - are, in some cases, right in line with the poor stereotype of car salesmen. I know a lot of good car salesmen, and they cringe when stuff like this happens - gives the lot a bad rep. I expect more from BMW folks.

I wonder if BMWNA is concerned that dealers will start trying to find ways of seriously gouging customers for everything associated with this car, from PDI to tire/wheel insurance, etc. Maybe that's just capitalism and I need to get over it. But I believe BMW put this car out there so that it could be purchased by a broader segment of the market (i.e. people who could afford a $50k wonder car, but not an $83k one) - Dr. Kay Segler even mentioned that this car is targeted to the young enthusiast because BMW needed to offer "something they can afford." (http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477912)

Dealer markups like this are absolutely contrary to Dr. Segler's idea.

Just my 2 cents. I'll stop now.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #64
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
It's basic supply and demand. BMWNA has no control on how much a dealer sells their cars for and that's why the sticker says MSRP. We're very fortunate that the majority of the dealers are sticking to the MSRP. BMW announced over a year ago that the 1M was going to be limited production car, so if you wanted one you shouldn't have waited. BMW reps are telling some dealers that they will likely receive an additional allocation towards the end of the year, so put down a deposit and get on a waiting list.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:07 AM   #65
desertfox73
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
It's basic supply and demand. BMWNA has no control on how much a dealer sells their cars for and that's why the sticker says MSRP. We're very fortunate that the majority of the dealers are sticking to the MSRP. BMW announced over a year ago that the 1M was going to be limited production car, so if you wanted one you shouldn't have waited. BMW reps are telling some dealers that they will likely receive an additional allocation towards the end of the year, so put down a deposit and get on a waiting list.
I agree about not waiting - I have a deposit down, and have been told there will be a car for me. I was aruguing more on principle than on personal experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #66
135tii
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M received 6/11/11!!!!

Quote:
The BMW dealer (Habberstad BMW - Bay Shore NY) says in his ad:
"This vehicle is extremely rare and is 1 of only 300 built for the USA."

Umm... sure it's rare, but not that rare.
Perhaps 1 of 300 in VO?
Appreciate 0