BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #23
MI128
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35I M-Sport

Garage List
2008 BMW 128  [0.00]
Don't know if they talked to that employee I kind of dropped it when they said they would fix the paint and no charge.

No doubt that a rock chip would cause that; that was my argument with them. I told them the exact same thing about the paint curing...

As far as a fender bender mad dragon check for me to see if there was any history of a repaint or anything. Nothing was found though. I have had no problems with the paint since then but I check everytime I wash my car....
      09-06-2008, 10:05 PM   #24
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

That is great to hear MI128! which dealership did you go to? bavarian?

I know it is out of your way but Erhard of Fh is the best dealership i have ever delt with. Chad Rossetter (sp?) is the freakin man! Always willing to help.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
mylil1
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Well glad that some of you got your issue covered by BMW - I'm on my 4th BMW and my second one from Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. My peeling paint occured while my car was at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. It peeled just forward of the passenger side outside review mirror. Oddly enough I had taken it in initially to have them look at the 'checking paint' on the left rear of my bumper and regular service. This is a factory car and there was damage at the port and the left rear was painted and looked fine, until recently. BMW washed their hands of the peeling paint on the passenger side, stating that a rock chip caused water to get under the paint when a high pressure sprayer was used (who used a high pressure sprayer? I don't, I hand wash) and as a result the paint peeled. Weatherford did nothing except kick me to the curb. BUT! Get this! BMW IS willing to have the bumper fixed. Does this make sense to anyone?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #26
Järppä
Old fart
Finland
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xdrive25 + E53 X5 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylil1 View Post
Well glad that some of you got your issue covered by BMW - I'm on my 4th BMW and my second one from Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. My peeling paint occured while my car was at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. It peeled just forward of the passenger side outside review mirror. Oddly enough I had taken it in initially to have them look at the 'checking paint' on the left rear of my bumper and regular service. This is a factory car and there was damage at the port and the left rear was painted and looked fine, until recently. BMW washed their hands of the peeling paint on the passenger side, stating that a rock chip caused water to get under the paint when a high pressure sprayer was used (who used a high pressure sprayer? I don't, I hand wash) and as a result the paint peeled. Weatherford did nothing except kick me to the curb. BUT! Get this! BMW IS willing to have the bumper fixed. Does this make sense to anyone?
That rock chip and plaplapla thing is so bullshit. If BMW is willing to respray your pumber go for it and paint your mirror covers whit the pumber.
      09-02-2012, 06:17 AM   #27
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI128 View Post
Time for an update.... The factory engineer looked at my car and found no reason why they wouldn't repair the bumper. So right now they are removing the bumper and refinishing the clear coat. They have told me it will look good as new... Thanks for everyone's help.:w00t:
A lot of times it has to do with the dealership. I've had quite a few small problems with my car. The first dealership that I was advised not to go to but I went because of proximity, declined to fix everything. Took my car to another dealership and they fixed everything and beyond without a question.

Big dealerships tend to fix things for you because they can. They have loaners and they have good relationship with BMW of North America (because they sell a lot) so they can contact BMW of NA and say they have a customer with blah blah blah but small dealerships will try to avoid dealing with warranties because they have to keep your car in their lot, give you a loaner, and BMW of NA might decline to pay them for the work and they can't afford that.

Anyway, really happy you are getting your car fixed. My daily is Camry and it has not given me too many problems in about 8 years. On the other hand, my 4.5 year old BMW has given me some small annoying problems. But at the end of the day, it's BMW and it's worth every penny and worth every small problems/headaches
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #28
dskjl
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135I CV

Weatherford customers are of little value after the sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Järppä View Post
That rock chip and plaplapla thing is so bullshit. If BMW is willing to respray your pumber go for it and paint your mirror covers whit the pumber.
Agreed, but what a shame that BMW corporate had to step in to make it right. Weatherford has done a similar thing to me and is now in breach of contract with me, so I have contacted BMW corp at the advise of my attorney. What a bummer and what a bad bimmer dealer.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
Mein_Auto_ist_1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

I have just experienced some paint issues as well. On the underside of my hood, in some spots the paint could be rubbed off with just my finger. It looked like soe chemical had splashed it. Took it to the BMW authorized collision center/ body shop, they thought it could be covered under warranty. He suggested we go over to the BWW Service center (across the street from the collision center...convenient) and ask. Sure enough....covered. They are going to give me a new hood under warranty. Only minor concern is how the newly painted hood will look against the older body paint. But this is a BMW Authorized Collision center and I'm confident that these guys will get it right. Will post some pics when its done.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #30
Nae1022
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328

I own a body shop they should be covering it! I would speak to someone else I get paint warranties that come in all the time! What an a hole that kid is! What the hell does a rock chip have to do with your clear coat chipping. He’s clearly trying to say the rock chip caused that! Smh I’d speak to a manager.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 09:05 AM   #31
tracer bullet
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Nae1022 - Welcome to the forum. Maybe for your 2nd post ever, don't resurrect an 8 year old thread?
Appreciate 0