BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Anyone else have to keep re-pairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

Anyone else have to keep repairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

The phonebook/office functions work seamlessly, and I never have to re-pair, but to get my slacker playing, I always have to remove the phone from the list, and do a new pair. Its getting tedious I tried using the more standard 0000 and 1234 passkeys, but same problem everytime...
      06-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #2
xjarhed
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Anyone else have to keep repairing Android phone to iDrive to get music to play?

The phonebook/office functions work seamlessly, and I never have to re-pair, but to get my slacker playing, I always have to remove the phone from the list, and do a new pair. Its getting tedious I tried using the more standard 0000 and 1234 passkeys, but same problem everytime...
Mark,
Do you have the WiFi on when you enter your car? Back in 2007, I had an X3 that would totally screw things up because I had the WiFi on (with a 1st Gen iPhone). From then on, I had to turn WiFi off, then the pairing would be ok. Let me know if that works,

Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #3
viva1MVO
Private
Rep

I had that happen to me the other day, and restarting the phone fixed the problem. I had the same problem in my last 3er, and restarting the phone also fixed it, at least until it happened again .
Seems to only affect android phones though, as I've used an IPhone and a Blackberry with BMWs flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
Mark
Administrator
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjarhed View Post
Mark,
Do you have the WiFi on when you enter your car? Back in 2007, I had an X3 that would totally screw things up because I had the WiFi on (with a 1st Gen iPhone). From then on, I had to turn WiFi off, then the pairing would be ok. Let me know if that works,

Mark
Nope, no WIFI at all, I just leave bluetooth on at all times, so that it pairs with the car automatically when i get into it without having to mess with the phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva1MVO View Post
I had that happen to me the other day, and restarting the phone fixed the problem. I had the same problem in my last 3er, and restarting the phone also fixed it, at least until it happened again .
Seems to only affect android phones though, as I've used an IPhone and a Blackberry with BMWs flawlessly.
I've tried turning the phone on/off, etc.. It seems like there are two levels of pairing (phone and audio), and the phone pairing happens automatically, while the audio pairing must be done manually.

Well atleast its good news that its a phone issue and not a car issue, phone can easily be replaced

Thanks guys!