BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-21-2018, 09:50 PM   #111
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
3237
Rep
10,976
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Mueller is still working, is he not?
Watergate? Ehhhh. Those investigators had the Yellow Pages, microfiche, smoke signals and ugly Lincoln's with a gas allowance.

You guys tussle away.
Chips fall where they may.

Done.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 11:54 PM   #112
irishbimmer
Captain
658
Rep
955
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Let's hope Mueller is still working next year as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 02:44 AM   #113
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
6933
Rep
6,381
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Mueller is still working, is he not?
Watergate? Ehhhh. Those investigators had the Yellow Pages, microfiche, smoke signals and ugly Lincoln's with a gas allowance.

You guys tussle away.
Chips fall where they may.

Done.
I don't think your doubts in the justice department are founded nor reasonable, which brings us to two scenarios :

(1.) you're a critical thinker who's not able to point to any actual facts of corruption, but your gut is right, the investigations have begun, and whatever the outcome, you'll accept because it'll be based on the evidence

(2.) you're religious, you're hunting witches so you assume everyone else must be too, and no matter the facts, you'll never accept them if they deviate from your dogma because that is the mind of the religious.

As for mksix's assertion the system needs to be upended, maybe, but that comes with grave risks we're all too fat happy and ignorant to assess... Which means mksix is taking America and liberty for granted. That almost never works out well.

But maybe I'll be wrong and we'll all get lucky.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 02:48 AM   #114
MKSixer
Brigadier General
8366
Rep
4,886
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I don't think your doubts in the justice department are founded nor reasonable, which brings us to two scenarios :

(1.) you're a critical thinker who's not able to point to any actual facts of corruption, but your gut is right, the investigations have begun, and whatever the outcome, you'll accept because it'll be based on the evidence

(2.) you're religious, you're hunting witches so you assume everyone else must be too, and no matter the facts, you'll never accept them because that is the mind of the religious.

As for mksix's assertion the system needs to be upended, maybe, but that comes with grave risks we're all too fat happy and ignorant to assess... Which means mksix is taking America and liberty for granted. That almost never works out well.

But maybe I'll be wrong and we'll all get lucky.
WTF are you doing up at this hour? I have a valid excuse. I have a call from the continent scheduled in about an hour and a half.

Ok, to your point. This is actually the least risky way. The only other way is a constitutional convention at which point we would all be at risk of losing the country as we have come to know it.

Cheers-MK
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
      05-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #115
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1088
Rep
900
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
The US Justice system was designed to prevent people from "being wronged" through an indictment process that separates investigators from prosecutors, and those separated from Judges who oversee process, and those separated from 20-24 US citizens who must review all evidence and agree to the indictment.

To date, Trump hasn't been accused of anything so if "feels" wronged, it's likely because he is wrong.

But the point is, "feelings" aren't and shouldn't be part of the US Justice System and our executive should rise above the pettiness of feelings and "being wronged" ... and if he or she can't then they don't deserve to be the Executive.

So in this case, we have someone who doesn't deserve to be there but is there.
you missed what I was saying, so I'll clarify.

I meant, Trump felt like he was wronged in the past, before his presidency, by someone in politics. Judging by his flip to republican, I'm guessing it was a democrat. Becoming president and upending politics as he has done, was his best way to get back at them.

He has proven himself to be a petty man, so forcing his way into the political stage just to get even with someone is more than believable.

Stephan A Smith on ESPN has said multiple times that when the NFL blocked Trump from merging the USFL in the 80s and buying the Bills in 2014, he stated he would just run for President then and they would regret it. You can see how quickly he turned the NFL protesting from protesting inequality to being anti-america, and caused a huge black eye for the NFL.

Its a bad way to go about it, but it is something US Politics needed. It needed someone to come in and upend it from the inside out. The only other alternative was for the citizens to upend it, and that would have been a disaster and destroyed the country.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer8366.00
SakhirM47179.50

      05-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #116
Real Dodger
Always exploring.....
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3543
Rep
4,326
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
I don't think your doubts in the justice department are founded nor reasonable, which brings us to two scenarios :

(1.) you're a critical thinker who's not able to point to any actual facts of corruption, but your gut is right, the investigations have begun, and whatever the outcome, you'll accept because it'll be based on the evidence

(2.) you're religious, you're hunting witches so you assume everyone else must be too, and no matter the facts, you'll never accept them if they deviate from your dogma because that is the mind of the religious.

As for mksix's assertion the system needs to be upended, maybe, but that comes with grave risks we're all too fat happy and ignorant to assess... Which means mksix is taking America and liberty for granted. That almost never works out well.

But maybe I'll be wrong and we'll all get lucky.
I'd love to see gonzo do a rhyme with "dogma".
__________________
Musica est etiam magna Si tu es vetulae
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 12:00 PM   #117
irishbimmer
Captain
658
Rep
955
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
you missed what I was saying, so I'll clarify.

I meant, Trump felt like he was wronged in the past, before his presidency, by someone in politics. Judging by his flip to republican, I'm guessing it was a democrat. Becoming president and upending politics as he has done, was his best way to get back at them.

He has proven himself to be a petty man, so forcing his way into the political stage just to get even with someone is more than believable.

Stephan A Smith on ESPN has said multiple times that when the NFL blocked Trump from merging the USFL in the 80s and buying the Bills in 2014, he stated he would just run for President then and they would regret it. You can see how quickly he turned the NFL protesting from protesting inequality to being anti-america, and caused a huge black eye for the NFL.

Its a bad way to go about it, but it is something US Politics needed. It needed someone to come in and upend it from the inside out. The only other alternative was for the citizens to upend it, and that would have been a disaster and destroyed the country.
Interesting viewpoint
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #118
irishbimmer
Captain
658
Rep
955
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I'd love to see gonzo do a rhyme with "dogma".
Gonzo's Dogma is likely caused by California Smogma.

Poor kid was hooked up to a tailpipe at an early age.Might have been a diesel.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #119
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post

(2.) you're religious, you're hunting witches so you assume everyone else must be too, and no matter the facts, you'll never accept them if they deviate from your dogma because that is the mind of the religious.
You've got that confused with the Global Warming crowd.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:02 AM   #120
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
16730
Rep
1,737
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Of course, I want to see the evidence of COLLUSION ! That is what this whole charade was all about remember...

Instead he is going after people for crimes they committed years ago before they worked for Trump!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 05:46 AM   #121
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
Of course, I want to see the evidence of COLLUSION ! That is what this whole charade was all about remember...

Instead he is going after people for crimes they committed years ago before they worked for Trump!
You shouldn't need evidence. Just believe - become a Colluder...
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:18 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST