BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2018, 11:36 PM   #1
Dieselunlimited
Banned
67
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: X6M
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: TEXAS

iTrader: (0)

New York! Congrats, you have a new socialist!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ary-upset.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/26/polit...ary/index.html

She's like a female Obama! A socialist community organizer👍

Michelle, queen of the damned will be jelly!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 01:06 AM   #2
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
1941
Rep
3,029
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
She was outspent 10:1. More evidence that there is no need for campaign finance reform.

Sad part is a Republican has no chance in New York's 14th congressional district (eastern Bronx and part of northern Queens). We can expect this far-Left socialist to have a House seat.

I do love to see an outsider win against a arrogant establishment candidate.
__________________
Appreciate 2
Delta03114255.50

      06-27-2018, 10:59 AM   #3
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
2829
Rep
4,195
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Hilarious how low the Dims have sunk. They have no moderates any longer, only screaming nut job socialists like this broad. I hope they make her the face of their destroyed party, it will make the coasts even more isolated from the rest of this fine land.

#stillnotsickofwinning
Appreciate 6
arkie662.00
Delta03114255.50
Zugzwang616.00
shay2nak557.00
Germanauto2000.00
DonaldPump1690.50

      06-27-2018, 11:26 AM   #4
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
1777
Rep
1,863
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
She was outspent 10:1. More evidence that there is no need for campaign finance reform.

Sad part is a Republican has no chance in New York's 14th congressional district (eastern Bronx and part of northern Queens). We can expect this far-Left socialist to have a House seat.

I do love to see an outsider win against a arrogant establishment candidate.
Aside from the comment about campaign finance reform, I agree with this 100%.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1187.50

      06-27-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
glennQNYC's Avatar
United_States
1941
Rep
3,029
Posts

Drives: M Sport 335i
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
She was outspent 10:1. More evidence that there is no need for campaign finance reform.

Sad part is a Republican has no chance in New York's 14th congressional district (eastern Bronx and part of northern Queens). We can expect this far-Left socialist to have a House seat.

I do love to see an outsider win against a arrogant establishment candidate.
Aside from the comment about campaign finance reform, I agree with this 100%.
Genuinely glad to see us find common ground.
__________________
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 01:40 PM   #6
Mr Carrots
Major
713
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Rather than amusing, this should be terrifying to anyone with several decades left to live.

This is the canary in the mine for demographic changes, and should be (but wont) a reality check for any naive boomers who still genuinely believe they can "teach freedoms" to their demographic replacements.

The new face of America is going to vote for free stuff, socialism and hard hard left policy, just like they do in Latin America and pew surveys show that this doesnt change with 2nd or even 3rd generations.

Even here in Texas, our great, pro-American, conservative Tejanos are being replaced with people who demand the same shit governments that made them flee their shithole countries.

Combine the demographic change with the demented leftists frothing at the mouth about muh Russia and we have a HUGE problem, especially if cuckservatives stay home come November because the media tells them that Trump is mean.


I'm giving the Bill of Rights 20 years, tops. We are going to lose everything that makes America great thanks to the voters who sleepwalked through the 80s, 90s and 00s
Appreciate 6
MKSixer8376.00
Zugzwang616.00
shay2nak557.00
SFCM3411.00
xander_g456.00
DonaldPump1690.50

      06-27-2018, 01:45 PM   #7
Scout10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
68
Rep
237
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW X3 X28i
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

not surprised from the land of many, and it should all be free!
__________________
2017 BMW X3 x28i
2015 Honda CRV-EXL AWD (wife)
2012 Toyota Rav4 Limited AWD / V6 269hp (sold )
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
Dieselunlimited
Banned
67
Rep
325
Posts

Drives: X6M
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: TEXAS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Rather than amusing, this should be terrifying to anyone with several decades left to live.

This is the canary in the mine for demographic changes, and should be (but wont) a reality check for any naive boomers who still genuinely believe they can "teach freedoms" to their demographic replacements.

The new face of America is going to vote for free stuff, socialism and hard hard left policy, just like they do in Latin America and pew surveys show that this doesnt change with 2nd or even 3rd generations.

Even here in Texas, our great, pro-American, conservative Tejanos are being replaced with people who demand the same shit governments that made them flee their shithole countries.

Combine the demographic change with the demented leftists frothing at the mouth about muh Russia and we have a HUGE problem, especially if cuckservatives stay home come November because the media tells them that Trump is mean.


I'm giving the Bill of Rights 20 years, tops. We are going to lose everything that makes America great thanks to the voters who sleepwalked through the 80s, 90s and 00s
Truth

viva la American comrades sounds about right!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #9
irishbimmer
Captain
661
Rep
957
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Hilarious how low the Dims have sunk. They have no moderates any longer, only screaming nut job socialists like this broad. I hope they make her the face of their destroyed party, it will make the coasts even more isolated from the rest of this fine land.

#stillnotsickofwinning
Hate to disappoint you but there are far more people who dislike far right ignorami than people who approve. In fact, the president is disliked by a majority-a clear majority of Americans and this is dangerous to our democracy.There is trouble ahead.
Appreciate 1
vtown34.50

      06-27-2018, 08:48 PM   #10
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1188
Rep
1,394
Posts

Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Hilarious how low the Dims have sunk. They have no moderates any longer, only screaming nut job socialists like this broad. I hope they make her the face of their destroyed party, it will make the coasts even more isolated from the rest of this fine land.

#stillnotsickofwinning


Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum
Appreciate 1
xander_g456.00

      06-28-2018, 08:29 AM   #11
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
1003
Rep
3,908
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Politics aside...she's kinda hot.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer8376.00
Not_Judy1972.50

      06-28-2018, 08:36 AM   #12
MKSixer
Brigadier General
8376
Rep
4,891
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Politics aside...she's kinda hot.
I was thinking the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #13
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Can't wait for free government healthcare - just like Australia!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-11-years.html

Or Canada, or England, or....
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
MKSixer8376.00

      06-28-2018, 09:44 AM   #14
c63er
Captain
c63er's Avatar
794
Rep
627
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: BMW

iTrader: (0)

For every action there is a reaction.

The harder one goes right, the harder another goes left and vice versa.

These people are simply a reflection of the times. Many of us are used to and pine for moderate and middle of the road people who are generic and not much to talk about.

But that is not what we are right now.

The seed has already planted many years ago that it is all doom and gloom and we are on a downward trajectory. Because if you are not booming then you must be a bust. It's false, but that is certainly the mentality right now.

So the electorate is stuck in a "change" mentality where the old order must go because they ruined everything. Everyone is rightfully scared of getting unseated by more extreme or forceful and outspoken parts of their own camps.

In the end there's nothing wrong with it when you recognize that it's a reflection of us. Anecdotally I talk to people who for years and years had no obvious political opinion and truth be told low levels of education, who now suddenly have opinions on every single event. They are interested in politics now and so these elections will reflect the fact that the "average Joe" from each area will be more involved. The winning candidate will be more reflective of the attitudes of the people in the area.

People are more and more polarized now. The people who consider themselves middle of the road and used to be the undeniable 400lb gorilla in the room or the so called "silent majority" are now a smaller and less powerful group.
__________________
Nice cars
Appreciate 2
      06-28-2018, 09:51 AM   #15
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_clt's Avatar
1777
Rep
1,863
Posts

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
For every action there is a reaction.

The harder one goes right, the harder another goes left and vice versa.

These people are simply a reflection of the times. Many of us are used to and pine for moderate and middle of the road people who are generic and not much to talk about.

But that is not what we are right now.

The seed has already planted many years ago that it is all doom and gloom and we are on a downward trajectory. Because if you are not booming then you must be a bust. It's false, but that is certainly the mentality right now.

So the electorate is stuck in a "change" mentality where the old order must go because they ruined everything. Everyone is rightfully scared of getting unseated by more extreme or forceful and outspoken parts of their own camps.

In the end there's nothing wrong with it when you recognize that it's a reflection of us. Anecdotally I talk to people who for years and years had no obvious political opinion and truth be told low levels of education, who now suddenly have opinions on every single event. They are interested in politics now and so these elections will reflect the fact that the "average Joe" from each area will be more involved. The winning candidate will be more reflective of the attitudes of the people in the area.

People are more and more polarized now. The people who consider themselves middle of the road and used to be the undeniable 400lb gorilla in the room or the so called "silent majority" are now a smaller and less powerful group.


My singular silver lining for this particular cloud we are currently in is this: Perhaps this continued migration to the poles by the two majority parties will open up space for an honest-to-gods viable 3rd party? I'm not holding my breath, but...
Appreciate 3
MKSixer8376.00

      06-28-2018, 10:23 AM   #16
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
2982
Rep
1,808
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
For every action there is a reaction.

The harder one goes right, the harder another goes left and vice versa.

These people are simply a reflection of the times. Many of us are used to and pine for moderate and middle of the road people who are generic and not much to talk about.

But that is not what we are right now.

The seed has already planted many years ago that it is all doom and gloom and we are on a downward trajectory. Because if you are not booming then you must be a bust. It's false, but that is certainly the mentality right now.

So the electorate is stuck in a "change" mentality where the old order must go because they ruined everything. Everyone is rightfully scared of getting unseated by more extreme or forceful and outspoken parts of their own camps.

In the end there's nothing wrong with it when you recognize that it's a reflection of us. Anecdotally I talk to people who for years and years had no obvious political opinion and truth be told low levels of education, who now suddenly have opinions on every single event. They are interested in politics now and so these elections will reflect the fact that the "average Joe" from each area will be more involved. The winning candidate will be more reflective of the attitudes of the people in the area.

People are more and more polarized now. The people who consider themselves middle of the road and used to be the undeniable 400lb gorilla in the room or the so called "silent majority" are now a smaller and less powerful group.
^^ This is spot on. ^^

The current political climate and POTUS are simply a reaction to 8 years of Obama and the potential for 4 to 8 years of HRC. Eventually the pendulum swings back the other direction. Always does.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer8376.00

      06-28-2018, 10:29 AM   #17
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
2982
Rep
1,808
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Rather than amusing, this should be terrifying to anyone with several decades left to live.

This is the canary in the mine for demographic changes, and should be (but wont) a reality check for any naive boomers who still genuinely believe they can "teach freedoms" to their demographic replacements.

The new face of America is going to vote for free stuff, socialism and hard hard left policy, just like they do in Latin America and pew surveys show that this doesnt change with 2nd or even 3rd generations.

Even here in Texas, our great, pro-American, conservative Tejanos are being replaced with people who demand the same shit governments that made them flee their shithole countries.

Combine the demographic change with the demented leftists frothing at the mouth about muh Russia and we have a HUGE problem, especially if cuckservatives stay home come November because the media tells them that Trump is mean.


I'm giving the Bill of Rights 20 years, tops. We are going to lose everything that makes America great thanks to the voters who sleepwalked through the 80s, 90s and 00s
I think it's a little early to call this the foreshadowing of our inevitable downfall. Look at the district she won.

Bernie came to the Senate about 100 years ago and he's still a lone wolf. The 2016 election was his swan song. He's fading back into the background and you have a younger, prettier, version of Bernie all packaged up for 2018 consumption who is now making news. She will bring a different voice and angle to issues but at the end of the day she's just one person, outside the standard Dem idea structure; just like Bernie. Let's revisit after the mid terms and see if more of her political leaning are elected.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 06-28-2018 at 11:26 AM.
Appreciate 4
c63er793.50
bbbbmw2230.00
xander_g456.00

      06-28-2018, 10:41 AM   #18
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
186
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

nice young woman...

These American "socialists" would be mainstream center left in Canada or Europe.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #19
Mr Carrots
Major
713
Rep
1,019
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
These American "socialists" would be mainstream center left in Canada or Europe.
Yes, a government job for everyone and abolishing border control is a moderate centrist position in Europe.

Obviously.
Appreciate 2
Delta03114255.50
scostu798.50

      06-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #20
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
2982
Rep
1,808
Posts

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
These American "socialists" would be mainstream center left in Canada or Europe.
And yet Canada and Europe survive and prosper. Are they perfect? No, but neither are we.
Appreciate 1
EdM5336.00

      06-28-2018, 11:48 AM   #21
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
4256
Rep
8,349
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
And yet Canada and Europe survive and prosper. Are they perfect? No, but neither are we.
I wouldn't say that. A lot of European countries have a high cost of living and virtually no jobs for college grads.

Employment rates for those under 25 in Europe. Yeah it ain't exactly all good in the hood.
Attached Images
 
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #22
TheWatchGuy
Captain
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1101
Rep
906
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post


My singular silver lining for this particular cloud we are currently in is this: Perhaps this continued migration to the poles by the two majority parties will open up space for an honest-to-gods viable 3rd party? I'm not holding my breath, but...
o god you got me wet with this
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST