BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2018, 06:22 PM   #1
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Wealth Hypocrisy

Gotta love the "spread that wealth around" crowd:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/obama-house-rich/

Obama criticizes the wealthy at his South Africa speech, before going home to his (one of two) $8m mansions...

He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
3239
Rep
10,976
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

You tell em Barack!


__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 2
shay2nak557.00
scostu798.50

      07-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #3
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
The Wind Breezes's Avatar
614
Rep
1,578
Posts

Drives: 135i N55 DCT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I think it's hilarious that Obama haters give the guy so much press. Politicians of all parties are demonstrably and obviously career liars. You shouldn't give a shit about the guy anyway, he's not very important anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #4
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
3239
Rep
10,976
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

As long as he keeps pretending to be a Saint, he's going to be in the news.

Barack, you're so sweet and special.
Ooooooooo, Barack.

Pffftt. Worthless Kewpie doll president.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 09:18 PM   #5
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
4541
Rep
5,951
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'd rather have a wealthy hypocrite in his own home than a traitor in the white house.
__________________
F80 ///M3 Weekend
i3 REx Daily

Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 4
minn193619.50
cjb762133.50
shmad90.00

      07-20-2018, 10:46 PM   #6
gjm120
Captain
United_States
427
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
__________________
E82 Non-Sport / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles / HK / Nav
Appreciate 2
bbbbmw2230.00
MKSixer8376.00

      07-21-2018, 01:42 AM   #7
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
4541
Rep
5,951
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
__________________
F80 ///M3 Weekend
i3 REx Daily

Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2018, 02:13 AM   #8
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
557
Rep
1,433
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'd rather have a wealthy hypocrite in his own home than a traitor in the white house.
Appreciate 1
sirdaft11843.00

      07-21-2018, 08:55 AM   #9
gjm120
Captain
United_States
427
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
I took the thread as being about Obama and elitists. The initial post mentions others. Generally the wealthy left advocates income equality and the chicken hawk right is ready for war too easily.

So because someone who defends Trump hits out at Obama you say Trump's a traitor. I think Trump is an obnoxious idiot but didn't know that he collaborated with a state the US is at war with. This is why politics in the US have gotten so screwed up. I'm going to say the sun doesn't rise if someone I disagree with says it does.

Looking at your garage list, did this all hit a nerve?

I need to stay away from this subforum - it's as aggravating as flipping thru all the news channels.
__________________
E82 Non-Sport / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles / HK / Nav
Appreciate 2
scostu798.50
sirdaft11843.00

      07-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #10
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
4256
Rep
8,349
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'd rather have a wealthy hypocrite in his own home than a traitor in the white house.
So he's a traitor now? Ok post evidence.
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you don’t see it, and if you don’t believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 09:59 AM   #11
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1001
Rep
7,198
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'd rather have a wealthy hypocrite in his own home than a traitor in the white house.
Proof? ..oh wait...there is none
__________________
"Drive more, worry less. "

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 1
Delta03114255.50

      07-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #12
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 2
sirdaft11843.00
arkie662.00

      07-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #13
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1001
Rep
7,198
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Gotta love the "spread that wealth around" crowd:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/obama-house-rich/

Obama criticizes the wealthy at his South Africa speech, before going home to his (one of two) $8m mansions...

He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
IIRC one house is a rental. I don't know about the second.

In any case if people want to spend $$ listening to him flap his gums so be it. I could GAS.
__________________
"Drive more, worry less. "

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #14
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
I'd rather have a wealthy hypocrite in his own home than a traitor in the white house.
Yes - I'm glad Obama is out of the White House as well - hopefully he will do less damage at home.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #15
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
186
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Bernie Sanders isn't even high net worth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
Most of his household net worth is in his house. Obama appears to have about $3.4 million dollars free for investment - nothing for a broker to swoon over, apart from the promotional possibilities. Gore and Kerry are in another league.

Of course Obama was opining on the consequences of growing income inequality. This idea that everyone left of center should take a vow of poverty is a shopworn right wing meme, and one that fits perfectly with your politics of grievance.
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2018, 10:40 AM   #16
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerBoomer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
Most of his household net worth is in his house. Obama appears to have about $3.4 million dollars free for investment - nothing for a broker to swoon over, apart from the promotional possibilities. Gore and Kerry are in another league.

Of course Obama was opining on the consequences of growing income inequality. This idea that everyone left of center should take a vow of poverty is a shopworn right wing meme, and one that fits perfectly with your politics of grievance.
I don't think anyone should take a vow of poverty.

I think people should practice charity according to their conscience, not by government mandates.

I also don't think people should exercise largesse with other people's money.

Much less, "spread other people's money around."

See the difference?
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #17
jmg
Major General
jmg's Avatar
United_States
4541
Rep
5,951
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3, i3 REx
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
He's not a "politician". He's a reality star who embodies nepotism.
__________________
F80 ///M3 Weekend
i3 REx Daily

Previous: F30 340i M Sport ZTR • F30 328i Sport • Audi B7 S4 25Quattro #33 of 250
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2018, 10:51 AM   #18
bbbbmw
Major General
2230
Rep
6,008
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
He's not a "politician". He's a reality star who embodies nepotism.
It's the same thing....
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 2
jmg4541.00

      07-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #19
BimmerBoomer
demoted
BimmerBoomer's Avatar
Canada
186
Rep
858
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Sportback
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Grimsby, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

it doesn't work that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
I don't think anyone should take a vow of poverty.

I think people should practice charity according to their conscience, not by government mandates.

I also don't think people should exercise largesse with other people's money.

Much less, "spread other people's money around."

See the difference?
Social and infrastructure spending enables the creation of wealth: it is just good business, not charity. American public largesse is another problem with deep roots in your political history; the money could be spent far more effectively. Anyway, none of this has anything to do with hypocrisy.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 11:04 AM   #20
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1073
Rep
2,007
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Gotta love the "spread that wealth around" crowd:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07/19/obama-house-rich/

Obama criticizes the wealthy at his South Africa speech, before going home to his (one of two) $8m mansions...

He joins Bernie and Gore and Kerry and....
The actual comments and that article's interpretation are umm...vastly different. Definitely explains the outlandish and misguided views you've formed.
__________________
Appreciate 2
      07-21-2018, 11:07 AM   #21
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
lemetier's Avatar
1073
Rep
2,007
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Location

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjm120 View Post
Epitome of elitism. They have a fortune in assets because they are special.

The reason anyone should care is they want to tax people in the middle.

If someone is really concerned about income inequality, there is a vehicle to address that problem. It's called charitable giving. US median income and wealth are something around $60,000 and $97,000, respectively. Please give your asset and income down to that level and do some good.

PS. I don't like 'chicken hawk' hypocrisy either before someone throws out a "what about...."
This would apply to more than just Obama. As for the "what about..." argument, its clear that the whole thread is a "what about Obama" response to criticism towards another politician that the creator of this thread has historically and vehemently supported. One can logically deduce that hypocrisy isn't unique to either person: but that's not the picture the OP wanted to paint. That would be too reasonable.
It really had nothing whatsoever to do with the Billionaire Trump - it was about how Barack has all along positioned himself as Robin Hood, but is a hypocrite - like the others I cited.

But now that you mention it... Trump has been anything but a hypocrite about his wealth. He loud, boisterous, and pretty much of an asshole about it. Which is why he's more real, and less "politician."
He's not a "politician". He's a reality star who embodies nepotism.
It's the same thing....
No it isn't. Cronyism is different from nepotism. Unfortunately DJT is up to his surgically tied down badger fur with both.
__________________
Appreciate 3
jmg4541.00

      07-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #22
gjm120
Captain
United_States
427
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: 2013 128i
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: East Texas

iTrader: (0)

Anyone who doesn't see hypocrisy in the statements Obama made is just too much in love with him or in hate with Trump. I'm assuming the statements attributed to him are correct.

Everyone always talks about getting the rich to pay w/ the definition of rich being those that have more than me. My perfect tax policy is to tax every dollar above my taxable income at 90%. Of course indexed to my taxable income every year.
__________________
E82 Non-Sport / Ver Red / Blk Boston L / BMWP Springs w/ Koni Yellows / M front control arms / AT / Sport seats & steering wheel + paddles / HK / Nav
Appreciate 3
bbbbmw2230.00
sirdaft11843.00
arkie662.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:24 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST