BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #67
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Why there is no prices?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #68
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue
If Bocca made iCarbon, then I would definitely stay away. Their products are complete garbage. Which is a stark contrast to the Vorsteiner piece that was basically vaporware but did look good. Either way, I wouldn't (and haven't) spent my money on either.

Maybe they changed (Bocca aka iCarbon) but until they at least have new pics of installed goods with proper fitment I suggest buyer beware.

Blast from the past for the new guys: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474384
Thanks for your info tho but we try to gather as much information as we can. Afterall, they try to convince us by giving exchange and other stuffs. I'm just like you but try to give them a chance to build better pieces day by day
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep
Drives: 15 GSM 435i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
I agree. I'm just lucky the iCarbon diffuser I got had no problems.
Yeah. I'm glad for you too. There were a couple pieces that were ok. But you know what they say about broken clocks.

2015 435i Gran Coupe - Current
2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #70
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
If Bocca made iCarbon, then I would definitely stay away. Their products are complete garbage. Which is a stark contrast to the Vorsteiner piece that was basically vaporware but did look good. Either way, I wouldn't (and haven't) spent my money on either.

Maybe they changed (Bocca aka iCarbon) but until they at least have new pics of installed goods with proper fitment I suggest buyer beware.

Blast from the past for the new guys: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474384
I agree. I'm just lucky the iCarbon diffuser I got had no problems.
Glad you got the good one. It's unique with its 3 fins design but lika HondaGoneRogue said, they pretty much suck at quality control
2011 JB E82 135i - Premium pack | Value pack | Premium sound | Sport pack | M-Sport steering wheel and suspension | Blackline LCI tail | BMWP carbon spoiler | BMWP CF license frame | BMWP gloss black grilles | Meisterschaft GT w/gloss black tips | CF diffuser | CF splitters | Hyper Black Apex Arc-8 w/Potenza RE-11 | Dinan camber plates
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #71
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
we are discussing iCarbon, not boca (unless if they are the same) I had iCarbon stuff and had no issues. My trunk was an extremely nice piece. Good weave and a near perfect fit.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #72
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

I know they are using same pictures with iCarbon but we'll never know until someone really buys it and installs it. Just a head up, their price seem a bit high if it's the same with one of the diffuser sellers on ebay, because I read one company in HK or China that distributes the same stuffs with Boca and MCF sells it for lower price and accept best offer
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 08:12 PM   #73
Nugget
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring, GR Supra GTS

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
All pictures are taken by Boca Design.

but there is the icarbon logo on it?

and so on the diffusor of the alpine white.
lol something doesn't smell right here.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #74
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikebmxbikes View Post
we are discussing iCarbon, not boca (unless if they are the same) I had iCarbon stuff and had no issues. My trunk was an extremely nice piece. Good weave and a near perfect fit.
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH View Post
All pictures are taken by Boca Design.

but there is the icarbon logo on it?

and so on the diffusor of the alpine white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@MCF View Post
I have spoken to Boca Design about this. These pictures are from a former distributor, but the part is still by Boca Design. Modern Carbon Fiber distributes these parts in the US

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
lol something doesn't smell right here.
It is probably not what the Rock is cooking.

2008 AW 135i - Sold

Last edited by HondaGoneRogue; 05-07-2013 at 01:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #75
Sales@MCF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Anything with Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl_19
If in case it does not fit, will you able to refund my money? I know for fitment, it is simply exchange into new product but if it does not, exchange will not help. Please let me know
Yes. MCF guarantees fitment for these parts, and if for some reason your specific part does not fit, MCF will refund your money back.

Quote:

Quote:
I know they are using same pictures with iCarbon but we'll never know until someone really buys it and installs it. Just a head up, their price seem a bit high if it's the same with one of the diffuser sellers on ebay, because I read one company in HK or China that distributes the same stuffs with Boca and MCF sells it for lower price and accept best offer
iCarbon DID sell parts from Boca Design, however, iCarbon could very well have sold parts from other manufacturers of lesser quality parts than Boca Design. We cannot speak for other manufacturers besides Boca Design, which is the only manufacturer that MCF associates with. Chances are if the culprit parts you speak of are from "FleaBay", then they should be treated with extreme caution anyhow. These quality MCF guaranteed parts are not available through eBay.

For the sake of presenting more pictures as requested by the community, we provided pictures of Boca Design products from other vendors, but Boca is STILL the guaranteed manufacturer of the high quality parts presented with promise of a full refund if by chance your part does not fit.

To alleviate any more confusion, MCF will refrain from providing anymore pictures with the iCarbon logo on them. The parts are competitively priced for their quality and availability in the US. Cheaper prices via sources like eBay are not MCF supplied, and likely knock-offs from less quality manufacturers, unlike Boca Design.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #76
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@MCF
Quote:
If in case it does not fit, will you able to refund my money? I know for fitment, it is simply exchange into new product but if it does not, exchange will not help. Please let me know
Yes. MCF guarantees fitment for these parts, and if for some reason your specific part does not fit, MCF will refund your money back.

Quote:

Quote:
iCarbon DID sell parts from Boca Design, however, iCarbon could very well have sold parts from other manufacturers of lesser quality parts than Boca Design. We cannot speak for other manufacturers besides Boca Design, which is the only manufacturer that MCF associates with. Chances are if the culprit parts you speak of are from "FleaBay", then they should be treated with extreme caution anyhow. These quality MCF guaranteed parts are not available through eBay.

For the sake of presenting more pictures as requested by the community, we provided pictures of Boca Design products from other vendors, but Boca is STILL the guaranteed manufacturer of the high quality parts presented with promise of a full refund if by chance your part does not fit.

To alleviate any more confusion, MCF will refrain from providing anymore pictures with the iCarbon logo on them. The parts are competitively priced for their quality and availability in the US. Cheaper prices via sources like eBay are not MCF supplied, and likely knock-offs from less quality manufacturers, unlike Boca Design.
What about the vorsteiner lip and hood? Does vorsteiner sell/ is made by boca too?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #77
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
+1

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #78
socal135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Carbon Black 135is

My take on this thread is that Boca Design makes ALL carbon fiber parts sold by any company in the world.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #79
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal135
My take on this thread is that Boca Design makes ALL carbon fiber parts sold by any company in the world.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:45 AM   #80
HondaGoneRogue
They like my Swag...
Rep

Garage List
I wonder if I can get an F-16 fighter engine shroud. I always wanted one of those.

2008 AW 135i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #81
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

This thread has taken off but gotten nowhere. Obviously lots of interest but nobody wants to be the first to take a plunge and as the parts are pricey with tons of suspicions, I say we vote on who should take one for the team to get things rolling....I nominate HGR. :-) Lol.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #82
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey
This thread has taken off but gotten nowhere. Obviously lots of interest but nobody wants to be the first to take a plunge and as the parts are pricey with tons of suspicions, I say we vote on who should take one for the team to get things rolling....I nominate HGR. :-) Lol.
Many of us were asking so much questions but yet no one really pull the trigger including me since I'm still not convince by them. HGR has awesome idea about F-16, lol
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #83
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: M235i

I`d get the vorsteiner style front lip, but I want to see real product pictures!
Don`t care if mounted or not!

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
FS: MANHART MHtronik Tuning Box
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...5#post18819345
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #84
Sales@MCF
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Anything with Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@MCF View Post
Ok, folks. Here are photos of the front lip and rear diffuser unmounted as requested.

Here are some pictures of the parts unmounted previously. We will continue to supply more pictures as requested to clear up any more misunderstandings.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #85
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep

can you tell a date when you will be able to share pics of the vorsteiner style lip?

MANHART MH2 400 Partout
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #86
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnooooOH
can you tell a date when you will be able to share pics of the vorsteiner style lip?
+1. Please provide pictures of it mount and unmount. Also pictures of back side of the diffuser so that we can see the tabs
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #87
CL 19
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Just open boca design website and found out one of the dealerships is from Hongkong and indeed this dealership sells items on ebay as well. Please clarify this one.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #88
AnooooOH
Major
Germany
Rep

yes boca is in hong-kong and uses a german domain what`s illegal over here lol

but I don`t care, I want that lip!!!

MANHART MH2 400 Partout