BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-24-2019, 07:44 AM   #1
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

Fbo issues.. please chime in :(

Hey everyone..
Went fbo early this week..
vrsf cp
" dp
" 7 inch fmic
" outlet
K&n drop in
Dp is catless!

When we installed the dp the post o2 was pretty much welded on the stock dp..
It's currently halfway threaded in so I can put around while I wait for new Bosch o2 in the mail..
Also had some shitty new tire issues but currently got 4s all the way around.

Getting the 3106 code which I hear is notorious with the catless dp.. or I'm getting it t cuz the rear o2 is half way installed..
First and second, pull.. not hard but at least pulls me back a bit.. from there on, it feels like I'm pulling a trailer.. don't have logs as I have nothing to log with..
Turner gauge won't hit the original 10.5 11.2 max psi that I was getting with the oem bits..
Question is, why would I be getting 9ish psi and motor sounds like it's working just as hard as before (plus added noise due to dp etc) but feels like I'm pulling a trailer??
I clear the 3106 code while cars on FYi and it just feels .... asleep.
Please if anyone can give me a idea of something I should look for ..
Keep in mind car was as always before the install..
All couplings are tight.. dp and midpipe seal were tightened with a impact soo don't think they're a leak there..
I know I need a tune to wreak the benefit of these parts but car should at least be as good as stock????
Also, semi bad lag

Please help
      08-24-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Are you on the stock tune? If so that's why the car feels slower - especially now that you have a much larger intercooler. I would fix that 02 and throw any OTS tune on the car asap, then do some logs to make sure it's running right.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2019, 05:44 PM   #3
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

Start with MHD stg 1 and move forward. But honestly, I'd make sure everything is installed properly before testing things. O2s are important for trims and afr.
      08-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #4
fast1eddy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Lemans Blue

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I would start looking for vacuum leaks. When I swapped out my turbos this spring I had the same results. Pulled strong at lower rpms then fell on its face. Found a disconnected vacuum hose under the valve cover. Connected it up and it still ran like shit. Took it in to my mechanic fearing the worst and he found a broken wire to my cooling fan. DME couldn't detect cooling so threw the car into limp mode and cut the power. $120 diagnosis and fix and car is faster than me. What I'm trying to say is sometimes you can guess what the problem is but with the right diagnostic tools a mechanic can narrow it down in minutes.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
elitesales305
shmo
United_States
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast1eddy View Post
I would start looking for vacuum leaks. When I swapped out my turbos this spring I had the same results. Pulled strong at lower rpms then fell on its face. Found a disconnected vacuum hose under the valve cover. Connected it up and it still ran like shit. Took it in to my mechanic fearing the worst and he found a broken wire to my cooling fan. DME couldn't detect cooling so threw the car into limp mode and cut the power. $120 diagnosis and fix and car is faster than me. What I'm trying to say is sometimes you can guess what the problem is but with the right diagnostic tools a mechanic can narrow it down in minutes.
I got a good vaccum . Actually is sitting at 1.6 rather than the 1.4 i had before..
Gotta get the o2 then ill start narrowing it down with the mech..
every now and then (today) i get 10+ psi..
I was looking at the mhd maps on their site.. the psi jump is pretty conservative.
Local tuner is saying a 60 to 80 hp jump with his what seems is a cut and paste tune as he mentioned if i wanted something custom it would b a lot more$
Wants 699$ for the "cut and paste"
      08-24-2019, 09:58 PM   #6
JM98
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitesales305 View Post
I got a good vaccum . Actually is sitting at 1.6 rather than the 1.4 i had before..
Gotta get the o2 then ill start narrowing it down with the mech..
every now and then (today) i get 10+ psi..
I was looking at the mhd maps on their site.. the psi jump is pretty conservative.
Local tuner is saying a 60 to 80 hp jump with his what seems is a cut and paste tune as he mentioned if i wanted something custom it would b a lot more$
Wants 699$ for the "cut and paste"
Yeah that's insane. Just do MHD and be done with it, you won't regret it.
Appreciate 1