Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
+1

you guys should be happy if thats all!!

I've had this wonderful experience after shipping "100 hand rolled dominican cigars" back from St. Maarten and fedex so nicely sends me a $68 bill!!!!
I would be more outraged that in this day and age you still can't buy Cuban cigars.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #178
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M - GIAC:S2

PayPal available yet? please PM if so!
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877009
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #179
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Just order them from Switzerland, they'll ship Cubans to the US - did it plenty of time when I lived in Chicago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I would be more outraged that in this day and age you still can't buy Cuban cigars.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #180
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Just order them from Switzerland, they'll ship Cubans to the US - did it plenty of time when I lived in Chicago.
Still illegal.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #181
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Still illegal.
And still oh so OT, PayPal ready yet
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #182
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
Well just three days ago I paid around 650 USD total of customs tax and "other customs costs" for my Evolve Race exhaust plus N55 mid And I am supposed to be a diplomat with some immunity by the way. Anything over 1000 USD invoice they charge pretty high taxes for individual imports, diplomat, Chilean, foreigner everyone. Under that, your purchase comes to your door with zero tax. My wife does not (and should not) know any of these!
lol and OUCH!!! Personally I really cant stand this crap with customs taxes.... Why should we be punished for buying a particular good that an American Manufacturer has failed to make (at least in the style we prefer ). It just seems a bit ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Agreed.

Switzerland? Hmm. At this same place in St. Maarten I pick up whatever I would like and we remove and conspicuous labels before mailing. Say what you want, Ill enjoy my "dominican" smokes.

This lip is on my to do list!!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #183
Fuchsröhre
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupé/ M3 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewills View Post
Did anyone besides me get a bill from FedEx for $22.23????....for customs fees.

Mark....didnt the 400euro cover all fees associated with this???

I think these are the national customs, you have to pay when the parts arrive. We have to pay roundabaout 65,-€ for Fedex shippment, 17% Dieseladvise (don't ask me why) and 25,-€ for the custom dues (Customs consigment and other works they must do). So altogether 102 € and a few cents. So we make a price for 100,-€ !
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #184
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Anything on Paypal and actual total cost... There seems to be some others who have had to pay additional fees they were not expecting to.. What's the deal? Thanks Still really looking forward to acquiring this... Any updates on PayPal activation are most welcome
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:00 AM   #185
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
Anything on Paypal and actual total cost... There seems to be some others who have had to pay additional fees they were not expecting to.. What's the deal? Thanks Still really looking forward to acquiring this... Any updates on PayPal activation are most welcome
I think there may have been some confusion on this especially because they appear to be new to shipping quantities of individual purchases overseas to customers (I could be wrong, just my opinion ) anyways.

I know they said at some point "includes fees etc." but as an out of country customer you should know (or if you didnt, now you do hehe) that ANYTIME you purchase goods overseas and they are shipped to you, there is a customs fee charged by your home country.

Additionally that fee does NOT GET BILLED until it passes through customs, at which point your shipping company provides you a service they politely like to call "forwarding". The way this "forwarding service" works is they automatically foot the bill for any customs fees incurred by your package, and then "Forward" the item to you, and the respective bill for such goods.

It is virtually impossible for the Lightweight guys to know how much those customs fees will be until Fedex, ups, or whomever sends you that bill. Trust me. I have tried repeatedly to find solid information on the fees incurred for specific items, and the only way to really see exactly what the percentages and calculations are, is to get a bill. Its your country's way of saying "buy your shit from your homeland, or compensate us for sending your money elsewhere" in so many ways lol. (I mean that in the most entertaining way possible )

So in all seriousness.... As an informed customer you should know that anytime you choose to buy your toys from another country, there are a slew of fees that the sending AND receiving country all charge to you, because they can.

And if you really do want it, youll pay for it!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 09:03 AM   #186
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M, i3 & track built Astra OPC

Only way I get around it especially when I need something from back in Aus is send the money over to my folks and have them purchase and send over for me as a gift.....Ordering from Germany and being part of the EU means no import tax on delivery
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 05:47 PM   #187
bmw13
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London
Only way I get around it especially when I need something from back in Aus is send the money over to my folks and have them purchase and send over for me as a gift.....Ordering from Germany and being part of the EU means no import tax on delivery
You're a part of the Expanded Universe ... Sorry I couldn't help it, between your avatar and me being a huge action figure/ toy collector, primarily of Star Wars.
2011 E82 1M #215 of 740
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #188
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
You're a part of the Expanded Universe ... Sorry I couldn't help it, between your avatar and me being a huge action figure/ toy collector, primarily of Star Wars.
You ain't far from the truth there, I think you need a hyperdrive system just getting anything to and from Aus in good time as it may as well be in another galaxy

but off topic, I still have all my star wars figures, larger ships and figures from my kid years, and Castle Greyskull and He-Man All boxed away in storage...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:34 AM   #189
Fuchsröhre
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupé/ M3 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
You ain't far from the truth there, I think you need a hyperdrive system just getting anything to and from Aus in good time as it may as well be in another galaxy

but off topic, I still have all my star wars figures, larger ships and figures from my kid years, and Castle Greyskull and He-Man All boxed away in storage...
It's tricky, but we don't have one cent on the shipping costs. How I wrote, we have to pay 102,- € and want only 100 €. Also the bank took between 15-20 € from us for the wireless transfer. So alltogether the shippment/bank costs us 122 €. And we can't know what each country wants on taxes allmost, sorry !

For PAYPAL - we wait that our account get's free - after that, we'll spend it asap on the HP - I'll tell here
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #190
Aussie_in_London
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Mine is perfect
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #191
firechicken99
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuchsröhre View Post
It's tricky, but we don't have one cent on the shipping costs. How I wrote, we have to pay 102,- € and want only 100 €. Also the bank took between 15-20 € from us for the wireless transfer. So alltogether the shippment/bank costs us 122 €. And we can't know what each country wants on taxes allmost, sorry !

For PAYPAL - we wait that our account get's free - after that, we'll spend it asap on the HP - I'll tell here
No worries!! Paypal (albiet the pesky transaction and CC fees....) should help to simplify things. I still dont get in todays day and age why wire transfers cost so much. At the least, (and many US banks have cash sharing tools) the banks can easily ACH money back and forth daily for free.

At the end of the day everybody wants "their slice" of your pie whether they deserve it or not!

The trick is figuring out how to share as little as or none at all!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 02:52 AM   #192
Hobbe
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: AW E82 1M

Foxhole,

have you shipped my lip to Sweden yet?
I made a bank transfer last week.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #193
chrissetriple
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_in_London View Post
With the exchange rate as it is and the lack of VAT being charged, you should get the folks to order it from over here and bring it over - they take a holiday and deliver it to you and everyone's happy!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 10:58 AM   #194
Hobbe
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: AW E82 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbe View Post
Foxhole,

have you shipped my lip to Sweden yet?
I made a bank transfer last week.

Got it today.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 04:19 AM   #195
Massdrop
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Hey guys,

We just talked to Marc at Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen (username: Fuchsröhre) and I think we at Massdrop can help out quite a bit with this group buy.

More specifically, we can help:
  • Logistics, shipment, delivery. We can arrange for a bigger shipment shipped from Germany to our location in Menlo Park, California. From here, we can repackage and fulfill your orders. Typically this results in you guys saving money on shipping cost. We do all our shipping through UPS so we'll shoot you a tracking number as soon as your order is on the way to you. We also do 100% international shipping, so we'll make sure everybody gets taken care of.

• Collect payments. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, Amex and PayPal. Additionally we offer 100% refunds while the group buy is running if you happen to change your mind.

• Make a custom page for this group buy hosted on massdrop.com. This way there's a centralized interface specifically for this product.

• Customer support. We're really quick to respond to your support emails and we're on live chat about 20 out of 24 hours a day. Most of the time you can just log on to massdrop.com and start up a chat with us if you've got a question about the status of the order, what's going on, any questions you'd like us to pass on to the supplier, etc.

• Update emails. We've run a lot of group buys (it's all we do) and we know how important it is to keep you guys in the loop. We'll send the group an email anytime something important happens - order placed, order shipped, order being fulfilled, etc.

Anyway, this is a quick crash course about Massdrop. Hopefully we can help you guys get your stuff more easily. Feel free to email at info@massdrop.com with any questions to to send a PM. We'll be posting here with more updates as we go.

Last edited by Massdrop; 09-20-2012 at 04:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #196
Laguna01///M3
IG @WBucco
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 PB G80 6SPD

Im in if you make this happen.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #197
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Massdrop View Post
Hey guys,

We just talked to Marc at Lightweight Titanauspuffanlagen (username: Fuchsröhre) and I think we at Massdrop can help out quite a bit with this group buy.

• Logistics, shipment, delivery. We can arrange for a bigger shipment shipped from Germany to our location in Menlo Park, California. From here, we can repackage and fulfill your orders. Typically this results in you guys saving money on shipping cost. We do all our shipping through UPS so we'll shoot you a tracking number as soon as your order is on the way to you. We also do 100% international shipping, so we'll make sure everybody gets taken care of.

• Collect payments. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, Amex and PayPal. Additionally we offer 100% refunds while the group buy is running if you happen to change your mind.

• Make a custom page for this group buy hosted on massdrop.com. This way there's a centralized interface specifically for this product.

• Customer support. We're really quick to respond to your support emails and we're on live chat about 20 out of 24 hours a day. Most of the time you can just log on to massdrop.com and start up a chat with us if you've got a question about the status of the order, what's going on, any questions you'd like us to pass on to the supplier, etc.

• Update emails. We've run a lot of group buys (it's all we do) and we know how important it is to keep you guys in the loop. We'll send the group an email anytime something important happens - order placed, order shipped, order being fulfilled, etc.

Anyway, this is a quick crash course about Massdrop. Hopefully we can help you guys get your stuff more easily. Feel free to email at info@massdrop.com with any questions to to send a PM. We'll be posting here with more updates as we go.
Unless you can save both the consumer and vendor money, I wouldn't be interested in dealing with a middle person.

Marc seems to be great to deal with so far.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #198
Massdrop
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massdrop View Post
Hey guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaddylo View Post
Unless you can save both the consumer and vendor money, I wouldn't be interested in dealing with a middle person.

Marc seems to be great to deal with so far.
Yes, Marc's awesome. We can definitely help save both of you guys money and help save Marc time. Since he's paying 15-20 euros for each bank transfer, having a way to collect all those payments in one place will make life much easier. The biggest value we have for him is taking care of the small details associated with getting the products to you so that he can focus on the actual product.

For the consumer, we can help save $$ on shipping. Right now its about 100? euros total for shipping. We can arrange for the units to be shipped here to us in California all at once and then ship them back out to you. Based on the size and shape of the item, you'll definitely save a good amount. Also, we can help get a more accurate idea of what customs/duties will end up being

Last edited by Massdrop; 09-20-2012 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0