BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-17-2017, 12:44 PM   #23
Dylanize
Captain Dutch Rudder
Rep
Drives: AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
Yep. Et35 explains why it's rubbing. Look good for sure. I was happy to see Anthracite on Space Gray. I've been thinking about something similar.
Sucks how limited we are because of the crazy offsets
      02-24-2017, 10:17 AM   #24
themasonryan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135I Space Grey

UPDATE: Putting my warranty to use... sorta

Started to notice some rattling/chatter coming from car and I was pretty sure it was coming from my clutch since its been feeling less and less responsive since I purchased the car, so I took it in too Active Motorwerks and got a few issues looked at including my clutch. Turned out I needed a new clutch (as expected) but also new motormounts, shocks, a few gaskets and a walnut blast. Since I'm still a highschool student and already spent most of my savings on buying the car there was no way Id be able to tackle these issues on my own all at once so it was time to put my warranty to work. Unlike the situation with my window regulator, Route 66 gave me and Active Motorwerks quiet a hard time about replacing any of these issues, I was required to do a full leak down test and have pictures sent into them before they would pay for anything. After me and Active did everything they wanted they only wanted to pay for the gaskets and motor mounts and I couldn't really argue with them for another week as I already was out of a car for quiet some time. Anyway they ended up covering about $2300 in repairs and I was left to cover taxes and fluids and a radiator hose... which came out to almost $800 and I still need to do something about this clutch and suspension pretty soon and get her walnut blasted, but I don't think I'll be going the shop route (despite their A+ work) as Active quoted me almost $4k for the clutch job alone.

Also here's a pic from up top, I love this angle
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 02:46 PM   #25
themasonryan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

UPDATE: Stage 2+ clutch, MHD, CF parts

Finally got a new clutch, I did a good amount of research and decided the spec stage 2+ clutch was the best for my goals with this car, I ended up getting a SMFW from spec too since I won't be daily driving her anymore. I was a bit worried about the chatter at idle and after installing I can see why people complain.

After I was past break in on the clutch I decided to do something about the rattle and raise my idle. At the same time I went stage 1 MHD and I couldn't be happier, no more chatter at idle and it gave the car a very noticeable power increase. I cant wait for downpipes and an intercooler.

I also found a CF spoiler and 1 of the CF interior pieces on the classifieds here for $150 and drove half an hour to pick them up. Getting all the 3m molding tape off the old one was a pain but I'm super happy with the outcome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 03:31 PM   #26
acoustix
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i/1M Conversion, MK7 GTI

Car looks great! Now all you need is some black lines!
      05-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #27
themasonryan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustix View Post
Car looks great! Now all you need is some black lines!
Thanks! and I know, I need them badly
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 01:49 PM   #28
e82bruh
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by themasonryan View Post
I ordered my wheels from WheelLab which I was referred to by Rotiform. They also had a great black friday deal where I got one of my wheels for free with the purchase of a set. Although when I was supposed to get my wheels I only received one wheel, then the next day another wheel, then finally my last two wheels the next day. Initially I contacted Wheel Lab when this happened and they were very helpful in making sure all my wheels were on the way to my house.

Despite not having any rubber yet, I couldn't wait to get them on so I did a little test fitting.

I then ordered my tires from tire rack and got them in 2 or 3 days and had them mounted the day they arrived.

Currently on the squishy stock suspension I was getting a good amount of rubbing taking corners hard and when I hit bumps so I contacted my buddy with fender roller and a lot of experience rolling fenders. He rolled them as much as he said he possibly could without messing with the fender liner and now I only rub when I hit bigger bumps or have someone in the back seat. Hopefully some coilovers can fix my rubbing issue completely.

PS: Also plasti-dipped the Kidney grills but don't have any pics with them
Have you gotten coilovers yet? any update on the rubbing? I think these are for sure the wheels I want to get for my 1 series just want to see if the issue of rubbing resolved for you
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #29
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Nice ride! My first 1er was SG as well, great color
      01-12-2018, 12:40 AM   #30
themasonryan
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82bruh View Post
Have you gotten coilovers yet? any update on the rubbing? I think these are for sure the wheels I want to get for my 1 series just want to see if the issue of rubbing resolved for you
sadly I sold the car before getting coilovers, but bought a 1M conversion afterwards
Appreciate 0