BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #89
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Designs View Post
Already spoke to bmw na corporate headquarters. They are waiting to hear from their marketing team, as well as their engineer who is handling my car. My question is, what does the marketing team have anything to do it?

As for keeping the car... More then likely not... However, before I decide if I plan to keep a car for more then 6 years... I need to have it for more then 5 days.
If you were to recieve a new car, It is what is called "substitution of collateral" as opposed to a tainted title " buy back" or "lemon law" car.

Market team needs to get involved because they do the paperwork behind the scenes.

In reality this is what occurs. ( in a nut sheel, without too many details)

Dealer orders / Finds you a car >> you stay in loaner till it arrives. <<<
Dealer fixs your car
Dealer sends your old car to Auction
Dealer gets money for car
Dealer sends BMW a bill for difference between Buy out of your car and auction proceeds
Market team process payment to make dealer whole ( dealer looses nothing in this deal, in fact they make the warranty repair $$'s AND they get to sell you another car.)
DEaler can not make decision on there own, they only recommend . Market team process paperwork..

FYI If the car was 6 months old, They COULD be out of pocket by customer to get new car... Being that yours is 100 miles old,,, you have nothing to worry about..

I dont know about plate transfer fees etc, i guess the dealer pics those up..

waiting for new info....
      07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #90
shodanusmc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 135 Vert

It would be great if they would just give you a new Car. They may, but they are not required to. All they have to do is make a repair/repalcement of the engine. All under warranty. Best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #91
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveHard View Post
If you were to recieve a new car, It is what is called "substitution of collateral" as opposed to a tainted title " buy back" or "lemon law" car.

Market team needs to get involved because they do the paperwork behind the scenes.

In reality this is what occurs. ( in a nut sheel, without too many details)

Dealer orders / Finds you a car >> you stay in loaner till it arrives. <<<
Dealer fixs your car
Dealer sends your old car to Auction
Dealer gets money for car
Dealer sends BMW a bill for difference between Buy out of your car and auction proceeds
Market team process payment to make dealer whole ( dealer looses nothing in this deal, in fact they make the warranty repair $$'s AND they get to sell you another car.)
DEaler can not make decision on there own, they only recommend . Market team process paperwork..

FYI If the car was 6 months old, They COULD be out of pocket by customer to get new car... Being that yours is 100 miles old,,, you have nothing to worry about..

I dont know about plate transfer fees etc, i guess the dealer pics those up..

waiting for new info....
Thanks for the information. Just spoke with BMW na and my sales manager. They will be exchanging vehicles. At this stage we are looking for a similar car with like features.... Stay tuned!
      07-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #92
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodanusmc View Post
It would be great if they would just give you a new Car. They may, but they are not required to. All they have to do is make a repair/repalcement of the engine. All under warranty. Best of luck.
That is what BMW corporate na just informed me of.
      07-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #93
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Awesome, nice resolution. Enjoy the new car, hopefully it will at least make it through the break in period.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 03:04 PM   #94
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Awesome, nice resolution. Enjoy the new car, hopefully it will at least make it through the break in period.
      07-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #95
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

It is more difficult to find the options on the car that I previously had... May have to come up with a different interior / exterior color combination.

It was black w / black/red/aluminum interior....

Any thoughts?
      07-11-2011, 03:36 PM   #96
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
It is more difficult to find the options on the car that I previously had... May have to come up with a different interior / exterior color combination.

It was black w / black/red/aluminum interior....

Any thoughts?
Matt..

Great Im happy your happy...

stuff happens .. infant mortality in engineering speak... and so you move on...

If i had to change something i would loose the black outside.. personally i just cant deal with the marks / swirls / spiders / etc etc etc over time... I know I know, if you keep up with it and spend alot of time on it ( or pay someone) then it alwyas looks nice... too me it aint just worth it..

nice sig btw... just noticed it..

forever you wil be "that guy" with the motor the blew up at 100 miles LOL we can laugh now, your getting a new car
      07-11-2011, 03:45 PM   #97
NKatsim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM/Coral Red 135 Vert

Garage List
Great news...hope it all works out for you.
I have to agree with Drivehard regarding the black exterior...such a pita to care for. However, I love the coral red interior and for me, that would be a must.

Quote:
Matt..

Great Im happy your happy...

stuff happens .. infant mortality in engineering speak... and so you move on...

If i had to change something i would loose the black outside.. personally i just cant deal with the marks / swirls / spiders / etc etc etc over time... I know I know, if you keep up with it and spend alot of time on it ( or pay someone) then it alwyas looks nice... too me it aint just worth it..

nice sig btw... just noticed it..

forever you wil be "that guy" with the motor the blew up at 100 miles LOL we can laugh now, your getting a new car
      07-11-2011, 03:57 PM   #98
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Glad to hear that BMW is setting you right.

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #99
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Ditto (and I'm a former Jet Black owner). Even the pros hate BMW Jet Black.

I've seen a couple great BMW Jet Black detailing threads. This is the first one I found searching (keep in mind the car only had 300 miles on it)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...-car-care.html
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #100
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Been following this thread and I am glad to say it had a happy ending!!! Hopefully you get your new car soon, remember to post lots of pix!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:13 PM   #101
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKatsim View Post
Great news...hope it all works out for you.
I have to agree with Drivehard regarding the black exterior...such a pita to care for. However, I love the coral red interior and for me, that would be a must.
I completely agree... My top choice would be space grey or any grey exterior, however doesn't seem to be an option with what is in inventory....

Right now, I can do a black on black w/hk and nav or...

space grey / black w/hk no nav... Would love to get a space grey / coral red hk/nav but doesn't seem like anyone carries it... Decisions, decisions!
      07-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #102
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinoBoom View Post
Been following this thread and I am glad to say it had a happy ending!!! Hopefully you get your new car soon, remember to post lots of pix!
Thanks! Yes, I will post lots of photos... I still have some of the old car, I will have to include. Keep posted!
      07-11-2011, 04:15 PM   #103
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Ditto (and I'm a former Jet Black owner). Even the pros hate BMW Jet Black.

I've seen a couple great BMW Jet Black detailing threads. This is the first one I found searching (keep in mind the car only had 300 miles on it)

http://www.autopia.org/forum/pro-det...-car-care.html
THe black option is black sapphire at the moment... Not sure how much better it is then the jet black.
      07-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #104
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
THe black option is black sapphire at the moment... Not sure how much better it is then the jet black.
I'm one of the weird, happy Jet Black owners. 32k miles, still looks great. It's actually easier to take care of than my Imola Red car. BSM always looks dirty to me. Both blacks look the same from five feet away, but right up next to them, I really prefer solid colors. Get what you want, if you prefer one of the greys, hold out for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #105
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I went through this same search 3 years ago when my original 135 was dropped off of a truck during transport.

Took 2 weeks but we found an unclaimed car with nearly identical options to mine. My dealer was great about it, they gave me a really well optioned car for base invoice price, ended up saving over 12K for 3 weeks Hassel.

Moral is you don't need totals the first one they offer, you can hold out for a week or two and if they're nice they'll accommodate you

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #106
NKatsim
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BSM/Coral Red 135 Vert

Garage List
I have the bsm and its a nightmare. I just seen a space grey with red interior and it was beautiful!

Quote:
      07-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #107
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by shodanusmc View Post
Bearing went on a new Subaru outback for me several years back after 4 months and 3,000 miles. Got a new Long Block, a free 7 year extended warranty, 5 years of free maintenance, and a $3,500 credit to be used if I wanted to trade it in for another Subie, plus a guaranteed trade in price. No, they would not just give me a new one.
This is a good deal..

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #108
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
I have the bsm and its a nightmare. I just seen a space grey with red interior and it was beautiful!
Thanks for the information. The BSM was local and would be easy to swap.
      07-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #109
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I concur.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 06:14 PM   #110
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
I concur.
Classic... Yes, I have to admit, minus the DCT, you have one of the best combinations.

Was the HK worth it... From an audiophile perspective? Or would you just go base and upgrade it?