BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-21-2008, 09:42 AM   #23
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I don't want to hi-jack the thread but were any of your people hurt in the bus accident yesterday and how many cars did you guys end up losing??

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/5846131.html
Thanks for asking... no. Noone here was injured. The only folks injured were the people in the van who ran the light. I wish I could say the same for our cars... We had four totals and 14 others that were damaged. Oh, and we have one less tree in front of our parking lot.
Still too soon to tell how we will handle the damaged ones, but will be worked out in the next couple of days.
Thanks!
jmcgaughey@advantagecars.com
:roundel:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 11:24 AM   #24
stevenc
Coming Soon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 Alphine White MT

WOW JUSTIN, thats crazy. Glad no one got hurt.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #25
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenc22 View Post
WOW JUSTIN, thats crazy. Glad no one got hurt.
Yes. Very, very lucky. I heard there was a child in the van, that was the main fear... cars can be replaced, people can't. But, I heard the mother and the child are fine.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 12:24 PM   #26
All4One
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135icp

Too much Texas oil money

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvantageBMWSalesMgr View Post
Well. You cannot make everyone happy. It is West that has a $497 Dealer Services fee that is hidden in the T,T,&L charges.
So the name of the game is to feel good about it. And if you feel good about it, then GREAT.
But, let me give you an example, let's say that 10 people come in all wanting to order 135i's. 9of them want it bad enough to pay M.S.R.P. but you are only willing to pay $500 over invoice. And we only have 5 slots in allocation... you do the math.
I am not trying to say it's right, or that your CA had any right to tell you no way, but it is the reality of our current situation. I also want everyone here to know, we do our best to make everyone happy. In sales and service. But some request, or customers expectations can be unrealistic. Sometimes. Most of the time we can come to agreements with satisfactory results. Thanks,

There you go, sorry for our texan buddies, micro-supply and demand,i guess there's just too much oil money nowadays. While here in CA too many have lost their shirts-housing crash. So we are getting $600 over true invoices (give or take MACO). I dont intend to flame you guys (in texas) but our buddy here just explains it so. Peace.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 12:34 PM   #27
imported_Patricia
Rep
Drives:

my new 128i

Hello fellow addicts:

I was scheduled to pick up my new car on Friday morning. As I read the newspaper before leaving the house, I saw the picture and the article about the accident at Advantage. Of course, my first thought was Anyone hurt? and Oh no, was my car hit?

But no one was hurt as previous entries here have testified, and my car is perfect. It's beautiful, :wub: Blue Water Metallic, Moonlight Black top, grey leather, and all the usual bimmer buttons to play with. I spent this morning just setting up the HD radio! As th is is my first, and possibly (health problems) my last BMW, I ordered all the extra treatments, warranties, tire hazard policy, etc. that Advantage offered.

I would like to add that I'm very happy with the staff and policies at Advantage. I believe I got the car at the best price I could have anywhere in Houston. And the dealership is only about 2 miles from my house, so I can't complain about that.

Be sure to check out the spoof at http://www.rampenfest.com/
You'll enjoy it if you can devote the 45 minutes that it lasts to it.

Patricia :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 12:53 PM   #28
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Hello fellow addicts:

I was scheduled to pick up my new car on Friday morning. As I read the newspaper before leaving the house, I saw the picture and the article about the accident at Advantage. Of course, my first thought was Anyone hurt? and Oh no, was my car hit?

But no one was hurt as previous entries here have testified, and my car is perfect. It's beautiful, :wub: Blue Water Metallic, Moonlight Black top, grey leather, and all the usual bimmer buttons to play with. I spent this morning just setting up the HD radio! As th is is my first, and possibly (health problems) my last BMW, I ordered all the extra treatments, warranties, tire hazard policy, etc. that Advantage offered.

I would like to add that I'm very happy with the staff and policies at Advantage. I believe I got the car at the best price I could have anywhere in Houston. And the dealership is only about 2 miles from my house, so I can't complain about that.

Be sure to check out the spoof at http://www.rampenfest.com/
You'll enjoy it if you can devote the 45 minutes that it lasts to it.

Patricia :thumbup:
I am so happy to hear that you are loving your new BMW. The 1 is definitely making it's impression felt among the larger series. Please know that we are here to keep you having that same feeling the entire time you have your car! I think Nathan was you CA, and he is one of our best, but if I can help with anything that may arise, it is my pleasure to assist. We appreciate the kind words... and appreciate the confidence! Take care and keep in touch!
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #29
Mad Dragon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templedogg View Post
Are you going to Re-Flash the ECU on cars when they brought in for routine maintenance?
BMW only authorizes (pays for) programming under specific circumstances. Off the top of my head are:

Recalls/bulletins
Control module replacement
PuMA or FSE direction
Directed by GT1 test plan for stored fault
Retrofitting accessories (alarm, Sirius, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
HIPSI
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Props to Midtown

Hello Justin. I didn't realize you were on this board! I put a deposit down and signed an order confirmation on a SGM 135 coupe this past Saturday with you. Very, very fair deal. Looking forward to delivery! :thumbup: Rob
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2008, 10:38 AM   #31
AdvantageBMWSalesMgr
BMW Dealer
Rep
Drives:

Glad that we could do some business! It is always best to keep things local. That way we can take care of any needs after the sale. Looking forward to it arriving in several weeks.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #32
blipblip
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, 2008 M6

I always like Advantage BMW service. Hanza, is THE best service adviser I have ever dealt with, AND all the other guys in the service department are great too.

The sales department though...can't say the same thing. Super rigid pricing, and bad customer service ("I will call you RIGHT BACK!", it has been 4 days). I liked the service department so much that I kept trying to buy a car from them, but paying MSRP while others are paying $500-1000 over invoice does not make sense to me. They have lost my business--TWICE so far (and going to be the THIRD time really soon, maybe tomorrow) to another dealer that I originally hated, but guess what, THEY make the effort to make things happen-good customer service, AND excellent pricing. I think that other dealer realize that I am a BMW loyal, and as long as they treat me right, I will continue to buy cars from them, every 1-2 years. I don't think Advantage get that yet.

Oh well, I guess there are 9 other people lining up to pay MSRP, what difference does it make losing just 1, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #33
HIPSI
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Deals to be had

I did my deal at $1700.00 off MSRP via the internet with Justin. Had a communication issue or two but everythings back on track. Only way to buy a car...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2008, 11:38 AM   #34
Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Justin, does the 135i come with a first aid kit? People keep telling me they do and so does the instructional manual however no first aid kit can be found anywhere within my 135i.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #35
DCC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives:

I believe only Euro delivered BMWs come with a FA Kit...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 12:13 PM   #36
scrapiron7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Justin, I just sent you an e-mail with some questions. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #37
Buschy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

how much does the dealership pay for a 135? in other words how much under invoice could the dealer sell a 135 for without losing money?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #38
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Can you get me a lemans blue 135?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #39
HIPSI
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Three weeks ago he had a Montego blue with Terra, step, paddle, nav, comfort and USB on the floor. Bet it's still there!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #40
Buschy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIPSI View Post
Three weeks ago he had a Montego blue with Terra, step, paddle, nav, comfort and USB on the floor. Bet it's still there!

step=blah
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #41
Redbeemer
Ne Plus Ultra
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portimao Blue 2022 M240iXdrive

All:
I hope everyone in Houston is OK after Ike and that all of your 128/135's were safely in a garage when the storm came through. I guess it will be awhile before some of you have power in your homes and offices. We have quite a few people from Houston in town; the hotels here are booked! Even the nursing home where my Mother lives has people from Houston who were evacuated! Again, I hope all of you and your new cars are fine.
Appreciate 0