BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #1
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

North DFW dealers

Moving back to North Tx soon and was wondering if there was a dealership that doesn't mind mods? So far I haven't done anything to void warranty but am looking to purchase dp's and a intercooler after they release Cobb AP for 2013 ecu's.

It looks like I'll be settling down on the Allen/ McKinney area.

Thanks in advance and I hope to see some of you guys at some meets in the future.
/ 135i - M-Sport / 6-Speed / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMS Intake / JB4 Stage 2 ISO + Flex Fuel Wires / BMS 3.5in Down Pipe / CP-E Charge Pipe / Walbro 255 in-line fuel pump / BMS H8 AE / BMS SSK / APEX EC-7's with Nitto NT05's / COBB Tuning Sport Springs / Koni Yellows / Wagner Evo 1 / Blacklines / iCarbon Rear Diffuser / BMW Performance shift knob/boot / BMW Performance Steering Wheel /
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Classic BMW in Plano hasn't given me any issues. But then again I just have small mods like intake and exhaust. I think as long as your mods don't cause any warranty problems, then there are no issues. For example, if they find an exhaust leak and you don't have an OEM exhaust there isn't much you can do! But the fact that you have an exhaust leak doesn't affect anything with a dead radio(I had a dead radio and they changed it no problems asked). Also, i've seen many modded cars there : ).
      01-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #3
kleach18
Essayons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

That's good to hear. I'm actually moving tho the McKinney area so that's not to far away.
/ 135i - M-Sport / 6-Speed / BMW Performance Exhaust / BMS Intake / JB4 Stage 2 ISO + Flex Fuel Wires / BMS 3.5in Down Pipe / CP-E Charge Pipe / Walbro 255 in-line fuel pump / BMS H8 AE / BMS SSK / APEX EC-7's with Nitto NT05's / COBB Tuning Sport Springs / Koni Yellows / Wagner Evo 1 / Blacklines / iCarbon Rear Diffuser / BMW Performance shift knob/boot / BMW Performance Steering Wheel /
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 02:09 PM   #4
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
Classic BMW in Plano hasn't given me any issues. But then again I just have small mods like intake and exhaust. I think as long as your mods don't cause any warranty problems, then there are no issues. For example, if they find an exhaust leak and you don't have an OEM exhaust there isn't much you can do! But the fact that you have an exhaust leak doesn't affect anything with a dead radio(I had a dead radio and they changed it no problems asked). Also, i've seen many modded cars there : ).
Please tell me more about your Classic BMW experience. Classic is the dealer I have been using for my service and warranty work. My service adviser Joe, is awesome! My car is stock other than an ETS front mount intercooler...which I don't think they no anything about. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is I'm considering putting on a JB4 and maybe a down pipe. What do you think Classic would have to say about that?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleach18 View Post
Moving back to North Tx soon and was wondering if there was a dealership that doesn't mind mods? So far I haven't done anything to void warranty but am looking to purchase dp's and a intercooler after they release Cobb AP for 2013 ecu's.

It looks like I'll be settling down on the Allen/ McKinney area.

Thanks in advance and I hope to see some of you guys at some meets in the future.
First off, welcome to the area!

I live a little further east, past the Rockwall area. The closest BMW dealer to me is BMW Dallas, however I do not use them. I haven't heard anything negative about them. In fact, I have never even visited them! I chose Classic BMW because of all the wonderful things I have heard about them from friends who own BMW's and online reviews. I have owned my car since November and have visited Classic four times. They took the up most care of me. It was also nice to be taken seriously. I was 23 about to turn 24 when I first visited and I actually felt like I was being taken seriously as an adult. Unlike a lot of dealers I have visited where I am either treated like a spoiled child with a rich dad or just completely ignored. So I would highly recomend Classic BMW. I have no idea about how mod friendly they are. I haven't done any serious modding yet. I'm hoping that Greenkirby21 or someone else can chime in on that. I'm curios too.

By the way, I am not a spoiled child with a rich dad. I payed for my BMW, with the job I got from my college degree, which I also payed for. I am one of the fortunate ones to have a wonderful supportive family though.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM135iAM View Post
Please tell me more about your Classic BMW experience. Classic is the dealer I have been using for my service and warranty work. My service adviser Joe, is awesome! My car is stock other than an ETS front mount intercooler...which I don't think they no anything about. Anyway, the point I'm getting at is I'm considering putting on a JB4 and maybe a down pipe. What do you think Classic would have to say about that?
Not sure to be honest. I'm sure if BMW corporate has any policies then they follow them, but I don't think they go out to find issues with your car and try to void your warranty.

I've had my 128i for 4 years now, and I've had various things replaced on my car, from radio to injectors, and was never told anything about my mods.

To be honest, I don't even know if my service advisor knows I have them.. one time he called me saying my 3 series was ready to pick up

I chose classic because my family has been buying cars from them for about ~15 years or more and I've never really had issues with them. They used to be in richardson and everyone there was an enthusiast. Now it seems that its mostly business people which saddens me a bit. Once I asked about the 2 series pre ordering start date and they kinda looked at me confused like wtf is a 2 series lol.

I also go because they are about 5 mins away from me, and the tech guys are always nice and say my car sounds great

Last edited by Greenkirby21; 05-17-2013 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
alpinewhiteone
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Classic BMW is your best bet as far as dealers go.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2014, 04:54 PM   #8
livnpaintball2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82 N54

They all suck, if you blow your motor because you have x,y,z installed on it you just bought a motor.
Appreciate 0