BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-29-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
VP Electricity
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34 xDrive

E82/88 Musicar Level Two 3-Way

Client from Seattle area contacted us wanting better sound in his 2011 E88 vert. Car had 676 and an open sat tuner hole being a 2011.

Goals were great stereo presentation (centered image, wide stage), even and smooth frequency response, and bass improvement - all with the stock Pro CD Receiver. We hit the trifecta and delivered all three - the client loved it, and it was very fun to listen to (the E82/E88 has always been a great-sounding car to listen to with a high-performance upgrade).

We are an authorized vendor for these packages, both installed and shipped to you - contact us for details!

Pro CD Receiver:

Stock 676 HiFi amp, no power supply inside, so limited to battery voltage:

Stock 676 mid, with tiny magnet:

The client selected a 3-way system with DSP - upgraded front mids and tweeters, added high-performance crossovers, upgraded underseat woofers, a new amplifier, and a DSP tuning preamp.

Prepped amp before installation:

Prepped front mid/tweeter component set:

Prepped SWS woofers (not the most accurate midbass drivers, but used in this case due to their longer excursion and better suitability for convertibles):

DSP Tuning preamp (takes 5V balanced from HiFi amp inputs):

New door speaker:

New door crossover filter module:

New amp installed:
Appreciate 3