BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #45
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM <3 View Post
I'm getting a quote for painting today, should be putting an order in soon.
Also keep in mind that Kerscher I think has one USA rep in the country, and if you don't go through them, you will have to import it yourself and get it through customs which can be a real pain in the ass. I only had to pay about $50 of duty, but the process of picking it up from the airport and getting it out of customs took me 6 hours to complete! SGM would look magical with this!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #46
addict
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

looks really good!!! could do without the led's tho

INSTAGRAM:@add1ct
2010 E90 335I : FBO | M Sport Conversion | FK Streetline | 19" Apex Arc-8
(SOLD)2013 335i M Sport : FBO/Meth | BC Racing coilovers | 20" BBS RSII
(SOLD) 2011 135i : FBO | Airlift suspension | CCW LM5
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #47
SGM <3
Internet Famous
Rep
Drives: '09 SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmacc View Post
Also keep in mind that Kerscher I think has one USA rep in the country, and if you don't go through them, you will have to import it yourself and get it through customs which can be a real pain in the ass. I only had to pay about $50 of duty, but the process of picking it up from the airport and getting it out of customs took me 6 hours to complete! SGM would look magical with this!
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to try and order through them.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #48
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShadows View Post
One more question. How was the fitment for this? I'll be ordering mine on Monday and the body shop is a little curious as to what they are getting into. I can't wait, looks sooo good!
The fitment is great. just like the original bmw bumper
Engine: BMW power kit; AR Design catted downpipe; BMW Performance Exhaust; BMS intake; CP-E chargepipe Suspension: KW V1; H&R front sway bar Brakes: BMW Performance front and rear rotors Interior: BMW carbon fiber kit Exterior: Kerscher bumper with carbon fiber lip; BMW Performance sideskirts; LUX angel eyes; iCarbon mirror caps; iCarbon rear spoiler; iCarbon diffuser; Blackline LCI tail; carbon fiber kidney grilles
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 07:08 AM   #49
Sarge135
Semper FI!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Very nice!!

2009 SGM 135i M-Sport
Ark l Blackline l iCarbon l AFE l Hawk l VMR l ST Coilover l Parrot Asteroid l JL Audio l Janus-Design l Reiger l BMW Performance l COBB l Evolution Raceworks l TIAL l VRSF
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:02 AM   #50
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGM <3 View Post
I'm getting a quote for painting today, should be putting an order in soon.
Please post some pictures after installing it. I am interested to see
Engine: BMW power kit; AR Design catted downpipe; BMW Performance Exhaust; BMS intake; CP-E chargepipe Suspension: KW V1; H&R front sway bar Brakes: BMW Performance front and rear rotors Interior: BMW carbon fiber kit Exterior: Kerscher bumper with carbon fiber lip; BMW Performance sideskirts; LUX angel eyes; iCarbon mirror caps; iCarbon rear spoiler; iCarbon diffuser; Blackline LCI tail; carbon fiber kidney grilles
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #51
xShadows
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve612 View Post
The fitment is great. just like the original bmw bumper
I figured as much from Kerscher! I know a lot of fiber glass stuff can be iffy and require cutting, etc. Glad it fits perfects! Thanks for all the info. Ordered mine today and will have install pics as soon as my car is done.
      05-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #52
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I figured as much from Kerscher! I know a lot of fiber glass stuff can be iffy and require cutting, etc. Glad it fits perfects! Thanks for all the info. Ordered mine today and will have install pics as soon as my car is done.
sounds great! looking forward to see it on different cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #53
Tab135
Banned
Rep
Drives: My10 BMW 135

I will be ordering this also in lemans blue
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 07:38 PM   #54
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Wow nice front end, need to get a set of BBS LM like Bogart to set it off, good job though!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #55
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD135 View Post
I will be ordering this also in lemans blue
I believe it would look great on lemans blue. Please post some pictures later
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #56
xShadows
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Comp xDrive

Quote:
I am sorry to hear about the news. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. The bumper is 590 USD and the lip is 302 USD.

I got mine from http://www.schmiedmann.com
Did you have to pay over 200 dollars in shipping fees to get your bumper? I ordered mine and just received an email requesting me to pay 200 more dollars for shipping after already paying 60 bucks.
      05-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #57
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Did you have to pay over 200 dollars in shipping fees to get your bumper? I ordered mine and just received an email requesting me to pay 200 more dollars for shipping after already paying 60 bucks.
Yup with shipping it should come out to around $1250 or so

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2013, 10:26 PM   #58
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Being fibreglass, how much does it weigh when compared to the stock bumper?

I was looking at getting these a few months back but when I compared the listed weight on websites with the stock weight it seemed like it weight significantly more. I'm not sure if it what they listed on the website was correct.

I love the look but I don't want to add any additional weight to the car if possible.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 03:24 AM   #59
Chandon
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1M

Looks really nice, would look even better if you romoved that M badge :P
And just curious, did you install that 1M style bumper?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #60
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Being fibreglass, how much does it weigh when compared to the stock bumper?

I was looking at getting these a few months back but when I compared the listed weight on websites with the stock weight it seemed like it weight significantly more. I'm not sure if it what they listed on the website was correct.

I love the look but I don't want to add any additional weight to the car if possible.
I did not measure the exact weight of it. However, by holding it compare to the stock bumper, I don't feel it is any heavier. It actually pretty light.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #61
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheng_125i View Post
Looks really nice, would look even better if you romoved that M badge :P
And just curious, did you install that 1M style bumper?
Thanks for the compliment

No, I did not install myself. I took it to a garage and they installed it.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #62
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

You are right, the international shipping is not cheap. It cost me 230 bucks for shipping to Taiwan. However, it's possible you can find a rep. in USA and the total cost might be cheaper for you that way.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve612
Quote:

You are right, the international shipping is not cheap. It cost me 230 bucks for shipping to Taiwan. However, it's possible you can find a rep. in USA and the total cost might be cheaper for you that way.
The only rep I saw on Kerscher's site is GT Haus, I never gave them a call though, if anyone in the US is trying to save on some shipping, I'd contact them about the bumper

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #64
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
I did not measure the exact weight of it. However, by holding it compare to the stock bumper, I don't feel it is any heavier. It actually pretty light.
Thanks for the reply! It's good to know that it's not any heavier than the stock bumper. Could it possibly be even lighter?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #65
JSal16
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i Coupe, M-Sprt, 6MT

Does anyone know where to find a reasonably priced interior dash and door kit? Looking to replace the dark wood that came in the car. Looking for either brushed silver aluminum or carbon fiber. Thanks, JS.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #66
steve612
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
Thanks for the reply! It's good to know that it's not any heavier than the stock bumper. Could it possibly be even lighter?
It is possible, but if it is, it would be just slightly lighter.
Appreciate 0