BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #903
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

For anyone in the USA who wants to avoid import tax I spotted this link this evening, I know nothing about the supplier.

You will have to search M1 not 1M as the seller doesn't know the difference.

2011 BMW M1 Coupe Black Sapphire Metallic 1/18 Diecast Model Car by Minichamps
http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.co...&Search=Search
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:09 AM   #904
Mark 1M
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2

I placed my order with Max today .
VO
Shadow trim
silver wheels
my reg

Thank you to Max, and to Dackelone for organizing.

cant wait
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #905
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

It's here, the GT Spirit Pyrat.

08-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #906
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Sigh. I received both of my cars today. Both badly damaged. Both cars had a door physically off of the car flopping around in the box. In the case of the MotoGP car, the driver side door is actually wedged inside of the passenger compartment pushing out the front windshield. The other car has the passenger side door just loose in the box and the front corner of the window is broken where the outside rear view mirror would be attached. On both cars on the doors that are still attached to the car, the outside rear view mirrors are also off of the car. The weird thing about this is the box they both come in don't show any signs of damage.

I just can't look at the cars in the condition they're in. They just sitting on my office desk until I hear back from Max.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 02:34 PM   #907
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Sigh. I received both of my cars today. Both badly damaged. Both cars had a door physically off of the car flopping around in the box. In the case of the MotoGP car, the driver side door is actually wedged inside of the passenger compartment pushing out the front windshield. The other car has the passenger side door just loose in the box and the front corner of the window is broken where the outside rear view mirror would be attached. On both cars on the doors that are still attached to the car, the outside rear view mirrors are also off of the car. The weird thing about this is the box they both come in don't show any signs of damage.

I just can't look at the cars in the condition they're in. They just sitting on my office desk until I hear back from Max.
Please keep us updated. Max has yet to ship my car.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 03:24 PM   #908
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifW View Post
Please keep us updated. Max has yet to ship my car.

Leif W.
I have been buying models direct from Minichamps and Danhausen for years, there is nothing to worry about with the packaging methods that are used.

I even reuse the boxes and the polystyrene that protects the models.

zx10guy may be able to tell if the box was messed around with by Customs or the Post Office as the tape that Minichamps and Danhausen always use has PMA written on it.
The MotoGP and the other 1:18 1 Series M Coupes models also have a tie strap in place that stops the doors from opening so that they can’t open in the post.

Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 03:55 PM   #909
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondblackcars View Post
I have been buying models direct from Minichamps and Danhausen for years, there is nothing to worry about with the packaging methods that are used.

I even reuse the boxes and the polystyrene that protects the models.

zx10guy may be able to tell if the box was messed around with by Customs or the Post Office as the tape that Minichamps and Danhausen always use has PMA written on it.
The MotoGP and the other 1:18 1 Series M Coupes models also have a tie strap in place that stops the doors from opening so that they can’t open in the post.

Thank you for posting the pictures. The tie strap is definitely shifted off of the car. And the outer shipping box looked like it was retaped. It has several strips of the PMA tape on all corners and flaps. I'll tell Max this as I don't want him to eat the cost of all of this if someone else is to blame.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 03:59 PM   #910
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW M3 CS

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
My two BSM 1Ms came badly damaged.

Received my 1Ms from Minichamps. They were lose in the box and were crushed. Very hard to get hold of Minichamps. See attached PDF file for photos. Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Minichamps Damaged 1M Models.pdf (472.5 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by mweine; 08-14-2015 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Added reference to attached photos
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 04:13 PM   #911
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine View Post
Received my 1Ms from Minichamps. They were lose in the box and were crushed. Very hard to get hold of Minichamps. See attached PDF file for photos. Any suggestions?
Ouch. Don't know if my damage or yours is worse.

Have you sent an email to Max. He has already responded to me and I sent him pictures.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 04:26 PM   #912
theKaras
Rep
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue 135i

Same here. I ordered a VO and a Safety Car and both were damaged. In the case of the VO one the rear passenger window had come off completely. The mirror on the Safety Car snapped off and the cage containing the model was dislodged so the siren and side door were both scuffed by the box.

Otherwise, the cars look great but it's those little nuances that kind of make me sad considering each model was about $200 CAD.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 04:37 PM   #913
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

When I shipped the small 1:43 scale models... I always put the model in a box, padded with bubble wrap or peanuts - and then in a larger box. Most of the time the packages were bigger than a "shoe box"... bc I was so paranoid with shipping problems/mishaps. I know a few of my orders the outer box was crushed but the inner box survived!

I feel bad for you guys with damage models. Maybe Max can fix them. ?

good luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 04:50 PM   #914
theKaras
Rep

Hi Dackel,

I think the items were packaged well. I guess what happened was the boxes shifted during their journey so the models would dislodge from the plastic cages and roll around.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 05:31 PM   #915
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

When I get a chance, I'll shoot some better pictures of the damages. It makes no sense that just shifting would cause this amount of carnage. As I said above, my MotoGP model's driver side door is completely off the hinges and shoved into the passenger compartment. It's wedged in there so "well" that it's pushing against the front windshield causing a big bow and gap between the windshield and the A pillar. The passenger side of the MotoGP model's window has a big piece snapped off of it.

The amount of damage I'm seeing with my models and the ones posted by mweine don't add up with the product boxes showing absolutely no gross damage.

Waiting on Max to respond back after sending him some photos. He did say he's looking into sending me another set of models next week. He also said this time he's going to ensure they're packed very well. But to be fair, the box the damaged models were sent in was packed pretty well too. Foam outer shell with packing bubbles on the inside where the models were packed.
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 05:44 PM   #916
theKaras
Rep

Damn that really sucks to hear. I hope things get sorted out for you.

I've discarded my boxes but I clearly remember that they were opened (i.e. clear packing tape over the PMA tape) and like mweine the Minichamps boxes were perfectly undamaged.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #917
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
How do I contact Max directly? Is he from Minichamps?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 06:11 PM   #918
theKaras
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweine View Post
How do I contact Max directly? Is he from Minichamps?
mlang@minichamps.de
Appreciate 1
      08-14-2015, 06:16 PM   #919
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKaras View Post
Yep. That's his email.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 07:47 PM   #920
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
Well, I sent the following message to Andreas at Minichamps, and copied Max. I will let you know what happens.
---
Andreas, Max,

I am part of Dackel’s Group buy of 1 Addicts. Apparently Max designed and built these models, which were originally to be shipped by Dackel, who has shipped to me before, with no issues. It seems that many buyers are receiving their Models broken.

Also, I have not heard from you since my last reply over two weeks ago, in which you had promised to replace my broken models. Have the replacements been sipped yet? They were very expensive and I also had to pay even more for the duties and taxes.

-Mike
--------
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #921
mweine
Work Hard! Play Harder!!
Canada
Rep

Garage List
1989 BMW M3  [0.00]
We could display these models of "BMW 1Ms after a roll-over". Hey, some may call it "Art".
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2015, 10:57 PM   #922
LeifW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

These damaged models are concerning. Has anyone in the U.S. and/or Canada received a model that was not damaged? I'm wondering if there is a problem with the customs when importing into North America.

Leif W.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 01:19 AM   #923
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep

I wonder if it would help if you all compared tracking info if it would help.

Maybe all the damaged models came into the USA and Canada at the same time?

If you have got any tracking number info you may want to keep a copy as well.

It may sound a bit far fetched but I wonder if they were all fixed to a pallet that was dropped, it may explain why the windows have popped out.

I have dropped a 1:43 model in a box in the past and the roof section which was also part of the front and rear windows frame came away.

The wiper blades also came of the window, I only dropped it three foot onto a carpet, the box was fine which may help you to find a cause.

Maybe Customs or the Post service have tried to cover up the damage thinking that know one would ever find out.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2015, 02:34 AM   #924
theKaras
Rep

For Canada, a lot of shipments go through customs in Mississauga. To be honest I've had a lot of things go through Canada Post and the packages I've received have never been damaged (until now). The models are a bit more on the fragile side but I wouldn't expect to see the kind of damage the others are currently experiencing.
Appreciate 0