BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #23
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray_Panther View Post
Grandfather's Rolex 1601 that hasn't been serviced in about 25 years. At the first opportunity I plan to send it to Bob's watches to have it fully restored.
Very nice! Ironically enough, Bob's is where I got my Sub from a few years ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #24
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Quote:
Grandfather's Rolex 1601 that hasn't been serviced in about 25 years. At the first opportunity I plan to send it to Bob's watches to have it fully restored.
Very nice! Ironically enough, Bob's is where I got my Sub from a few years ago.
How was your experience with them?
I believe I spoke to the son, Phil, and left with a very positive impression. Felt like that team is very passionate and deep into the watch game.

Hard to find others who are into it, and I have really met only 1-2 over the years.
      08-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #25
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
How was your experience with them?
I believe I spoke to the son, Phil, and left with a very positive impression. Felt like that team is very passionate and deep into the watch game.

Hard to find others who are into it, and I have really met only 1-2 over the years.
Confusing to be honest. I had an Explorer II I'd just sold privately, and then added a bit of money to it in hopes of grabbing a 168000. I'd been following their inventory for years, and noticed that they had one that was in great shape with the proper patina I was looking for. They give a slightly lower price for a wire transfer, so I called in, got all of their information and agreed to purchase the watch. I sent the wire transfer near closing time on a Monday, and emailed them after with a copy of the wire transfer and asking them to provide shipping info. Shipping an expensive watch is absolute torture for me, whether I'm buying or selling.

That's the last time I heard from them. Multiple emails were left unreturned over the next 48 hours, and then I came home that Thursday to a USPS notification saying I'd missed a package. The next morning I went to USPS and signed for the watch that was being held at their facility.

Still no email or phone call which was quite disappointing.

The positives were the price, and the condition of the watch. It's in excellent shape with no flaws to mention and has been running excellent for the past 4 months. I swam in the ocean with it during my Honeymoon with no issue, and it runs great. I've yet to wind the watch as it arrived running and I put it right on. The only time I've tinkered with the settings is when I have to manually adjust the date for non 31 day months.

FWIW, I had my Explorer II, the one I sold to upgrade to the 168000 Sub, serviced at the Water Buyer's Group a few years ago after my mainspring broke and the watch would not wind. For service, they seemed to be the most cost effective and the watch ran/looked perfectly when it returned. I had them fully service everything while they were in there, as well as polish the case and replace the crystal that had a nick in it. That was a better experience than mine with Bob's based purely on customer service.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #26
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadillac2000 View Post
Confusing to be honest. I had an Explorer II I'd just sold privately, and then added a bit of money to it in hopes of grabbing a 168000. I'd been following their inventory for years, and noticed that they had one that was in great shape with the proper patina I was looking for. They give a slightly lower price for a wire transfer, so I called in, got all of their information and agreed to purchase the watch. I sent the wire transfer near closing time on a Monday, and emailed them after with a copy of the wire transfer and asking them to provide shipping info. Shipping an expensive watch is absolute torture for me, whether I'm buying or selling.

That's the last time I heard from them. Multiple emails were left unreturned over the next 48 hours, and then I came home that Thursday to a USPS notification saying I'd missed a package. The next morning I went to USPS and signed for the watch that was being held at their facility.

Still no email or phone call which was quite disappointing.

The positives were the price, and the condition of the watch. It's in excellent shape with no flaws to mention and has been running excellent for the past 4 months. I swam in the ocean with it during my Honeymoon with no issue, and it runs great. I've yet to wind the watch as it arrived running and I put it right on. The only time I've tinkered with the settings is when I have to manually adjust the date for non 31 day months.

FWIW, I had my Explorer II, the one I sold to upgrade to the 168000 Sub, serviced at the Water Buyer's Group a few years ago after my mainspring broke and the watch would not wind. For service, they seemed to be the most cost effective and the watch ran/looked perfectly when it returned. I had them fully service everything while they were in there, as well as polish the case and replace the crystal that had a nick in it. That was a better experience than mine with Bob's based purely on customer service.
Very surprising to hear, I wonder if they just don't have the resources or man-power to perform all of the follow ups for their customers.
I, too, would be sweating bullets if I wired that large of an amount of money and to hear no word from them over the next 48 hours. I am glad the watch reached your hands and that you were happy with the condition and function!

The watch game has turned into a sickness for me because ever since owning my 1er I have realized that there are no cars that really would put a bigger smile on my face or push me enough to sell my 1er. Since cars are out of the picture, watches are in...and boy oh boy are there some watches that would put a big smile on my face!
But I must have patience for another 6ish years before I can allow myself that little splurge

Today, I wore my Oris and went for a nice drive.
      09-30-2018, 06:36 PM   #27
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

10-25-2018, 08:34 PM   #28
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Garage List
Soon I will have some photos with this

I think it looks cool and is automotive-inspired
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #29
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
It's finally here. The Veloce from Trifoglio Italia with a Bimmer backdrop.

It proves that style and creativity don't have to cost a fortune. Perfect as an everyday watch for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      12-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #30
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoe Ulbeht View Post

It proves that style and creativity don't have to cost a fortune. Perfect as an everyday watch for me.
Now all you need is a nice key ring to go with that nice watch.

Hopefully Santa will bring you one if you've been good this year. lol

Maybe you already have one and you're just not using it in the pic.
      12-10-2018, 08:10 PM   #31
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

How do the discs rotate?!
Cool watch!
Any lume shots?
      12-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #32
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

I have never considered a key ring. I have not explored any options. I guess I was never interested. But it is a good point.
Or maybe the gym has to come up with some fancier keytag/entrycard
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #33
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How do the discs rotate?!
Cool watch!
Any lume shots?
I think the mechanism is similar to what moves the hands in a regular watch. But the disks have to move counterclockwise.

The lume is impressive. the whole smaller disk is covered with lume. I will take a picture and post.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #34
Enoe Ulbeht
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here you are!

Cool isn't it? I am not sure if it is more readable than a standard watch, though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #35
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post

I have never considered a key ring. I have not explored any options. I guess I was never interested. But it is a good point.
Or maybe the gym has to come up with some fancier keytag/entrycard

Here's a thread about 1er owner's key rings/key chains:

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1483564
      12-10-2018, 11:39 PM   #36
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Not the greatest quality shot I'm afraid. I'll try to take another photo in better light next week.

Last edited by xQx; 02-13-2023 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 2
      12-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #37
Gray_Panther
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Not the greatest quality shot I'm afraid. I'll try to take another photo in better light next week.
Love it. I am really starting to appreciate the Exp1. Before I disregarded it because it lacked a date function. But now I can see the appeal.