BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-03-2017, 03:15 AM   #1
Bloody_max
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120i convertible

Help in fixing my E88 roof

Hey guys got a 2009 E88 model. ive been searching for days in the forum but could not find it anywhere. the only thing that shows up is about e46 roof fixing.

So here is the story, I accidentally leaned on the little square flap on the driver side and it sunk in. I was able to fix it back and put the wire that automates it when the roof is going up or down. (looks like a bicycle break wire) heres the photo
http://aswr-partsimages.s3.amazonaws...8f4734c156.jpg

The issue now is the wire is loose and it wont retract like it used to. Im assuming I have to access the convertible motor. but before dismantling it all up any suggestions on fixing this?

if I have to get to the motor where is the motor???
Its not in the middle of the rear seat like e46 convertible.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 12:16 PM   #2
olds350
Needs a long road trip...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e91, '13 e88, '19 golf R

there was a post on here about 3 months ago with someone having issues with top going up/down. They posted several pics on where the motor was located. Not sure what to tell you to search on, but there should be some posts in here that may help you...
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2017, 10:39 PM   #3
Bloody_max
Registered
Rep
Drives: 120i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds350 View Post
there was a post on here about 3 months ago with someone having issues with top going up/down. They posted several pics on where the motor was located. Not sure what to tell you to search on, but there should be some posts in here that may help you...
appreciate! thanks ill search again.
Appreciate 0