BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #45
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post

Because you are simply comparing the top model of each of the ranges assuming that they offer similar features which is factually incorrect. The 335i is significantly faster than the MB and Audi, has more standard equipment, and, at least for the 2007 A4, larger inside. You can not just ignore performance as it one thing you absolutely have to pay for to get.
You've clearly lost your head, because I never mentioned a specific model from the 3 series range. The model I'm referring to for the 3 series is a popularly equipped 328i. Glad to know you're infatuated with the 335i.

Quote:
Hence, narrow-minded. :wink:
This is a price discussion, is it not???
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 04:07 PM   #46
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch View Post
You've clearly lost your head, because I never mentioned a specific model from the 3 series range. The model I'm referring to for the 3 series is a popularly equipped 328i. Glad to know you're infatuated with the 335i.
Well, I cant read your mind, now can I? Regardless, in my previous posts, I have discussed both models. In this last post, I was referring to my previous 335i vs. C350 vs. A4 3.2 comparison. Nevertheless, as I have mentioned, the 328i compares favorably to both the C350 and A4 3.2 while priced less than the other two and while the 335i is priced higher than the most expensive C and A4, it has many features that the others dont to justify that price point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch
This is a price discussion, is it not???
Absolutely, and I am mentioning numerous factors that are included in these price points that you seem to want to ignore.
      10-05-2007, 10:02 PM   #47
gwballin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsch View Post
Resale Value means diddly, a car is a depreciating asset. Period. Buy what you can afford and like, then go to bed.
Uh, I did. If you look at the car I was referring to and then look at what car I drive you might understand what I was getting at.

However, I still do not subscribe to the idea that "resale value means diddly".
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #48
Number_6
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
Now there is an example of a car with less than great resale value.
Fortunately (for buyers, not GM) the car was such a sales dog that they sold much, much cheaper than MSRP. If you paid MSRP for a GTO, you will get killed on resale. If you paid 25-26 grand, like I and many others did, it's not so bad. I could easily get 15-16k for my good-shape '04. 10 grand depreciation in 3-4 model years is not so bad.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #49
~AJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

This is the result of a thread like this in a BMW forum.

Start a thread like this in ANY manufacturer specific forum, and the result is similar and expected.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #50
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Those can bash the G8 all they want. The fact of the matter is that with a simple intake/headers/exhaust this car will put down some serious power. Chevy's LS engines are just built that way. 100+ whp is not hard at all. So dont be surprised when your trolling in your 1er coupe and this large sedan attempts to walk you.
      10-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #51
Taz
Rep
Drives: SLK32

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskurn View Post
I don't want to start a fight, but I am amazed at how out of touch the American car mfg's are with the times and the public.

Stop with the V8's. Sometimes I wish gas would stay at $4
So is a V8 is ok in the M3?

One thing GM does seem to have a handle on though is fuel efficiency. Compared to other cars I've owned in the same class as the GM models I've owned, they got great fuel economy. My V8 powered Vette was better than my V8 Mustang even though the Mustang had taller gearing. Even compared to the European cars I've owned the GM models have done better and often with even bigger and more powerful motors.

I will say that the era of the direct injected gasoline motors have impacted the fuel economy I've recorded quite favorably. My GTI with a 2 liter direct injected motor is getting about 25% better fuel economy in the real world than the last Audi I did that had the 1.8T motor. If I am willing to keep it between 60-65mph I can get in the high 30's to low 40's mpg range on the highway on pretty much level roads and no headwinds.

My daily commute which was 21 mpg in my Audi A4 is typically 27 mpg in my GTI and the GTI has more HP/Tq and is much quicker than my A4 ever was.

I would love to see a 135d version of the 1er. For me it would be the best of both worlds; great performance and mileage.

I still wouldn't buy the G8 but it is better than a lot of the junk GM sells here. GM can build some great cars but the bean counters seem to drive the ship too much and they lost me as a customer a while ago. If BMW prices the 135i to high, I'd seriously consider a Vetter though. I don't think the 3 series is worth what they ask for it but it is a nice car. If the dollar continues to fall vs. the Euro we'll see prices climb even more.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2007, 01:40 AM   #52
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Fuk this American piece of Shit!!!! BMW wannabe !!!
Appreciate 0